Why Won't You Defend Her?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why Won't You Defend Her?

Post by kgcayenne »

crybabycry wrote:And if a woman is pregnant and chooses to drink, do drugs, play contact sports, and God knows what other thing which will most definitely harm her unborn child and subject him or her to a lifetime of disadvantages and even misery... is it still a case of, "her body, her choice?" If not, why not?

Silverstarqueen wrote:Yes, it's her body, her choice.

Such mentality is directly responsible for children who are born with defects, developmental, and learning disabilities. Ask any teacher in our school system what they see as the result of such an attitude. The resources being poured into compensating for actions of people who refuse to acknowledge and accept responsibility for the immense power of procreation held within them are staggering.

The subject of the original news article murdered a newborn baby. That has not changed, however, the tone of this discussion has changed to the championing of the dispersal of a human baby being no more significant than wiping a few cells of snot from one's nose. It's not just a few cells, and having known people to have gone through with this invasive medical procedure, I can say with conviction that the procedure is difficult and painful. Nothing can prepare a normal, healthy woman for it, and I can certainly believe there are plenty of women out there who are in denial of this. In some cases, this denial manifests in an effort to empower others to do the same, so they feel less alone. In turn, it has allowed deranged people like the woman who murdered her newborn to feel empowered and on the same level.

At what point are we as intelligent human beings going to finally acknowledge the power held within our bodies---both male and female---to produce more of our kind? It is not just a cluster of cells: Pregnancy is potential. Pregnancy is the beginnings of a child who will grow, when properly nurtured, into an adult with the potential to do great things. Just look at the great accomplishments that have come to be!

There are alternatives. I will not tell a woman she can or cannot have an abortion, but I can hold a great deal of respect and admiration for a woman who follows through with her pregnancy and makes a choice such as giving a child up for adoption. I have known people on this side of the coin as well. I will have less respect for a woman who uses abortion as a form of birth control rather than simply controlling her own body in regards to her sexual conduct.

Want to be in control of your own body? Then do so: Exercise that self control of your sexual urges. Technological advancements have made these multiple forms of birth control readily available. If the rest of the female population could not manage to get-it-together to reign in their procreative powers, this wouldn't be a controversial issue---it simply wouldn't. However, millions of women DO manage to avoid unwanted pregnancies. Why? Because: It's their body, and they manage it well. They don't have to kill a newborn baby and then try to place some deranged spin on it. They don't have to go "oh crap, this is inconvenient". Nope, they carry on with their lives because they value the power within them and use it wisely.
Last edited by kgcayenne on Jul 2nd, 2016, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^very well said KG. Impressed with your insightful view.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

KGs post sums it up really well. I don't see much of a challenge.

Nicely done.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Agreed the decision to abort should seldom come into play in our world today. Although I am in favor of having the right to abort it should never ever be used as a method of birth control. Anyone that is not smart enough to take control of themselves in the first place should is also not smart enough to raise children.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I liked your post but I'm going to get kicked for it.

Worth it though.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I'm not sure exactly why people always have to be so bloody judgemental of everyone's else's lives and business.

I have not seen one single poster even suggest in the slightest that abortions are a great method of birth control, or that they should be used for that purpose.
I'm also sick of reading all of these holier than thou comments about irresponsible, unintelligent women.

All women who find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy are stupid ?? Wow.
There is no form of birth control that is not 100% effective 100% of the time....except abstinence.
( which, unfortunately, rape victims have no say in )

Until the day comes when one of you walks a mile in their shoes, you have no say and absolutely no moral high ground to stand on.

For the vast majority of women who have to make this decision, it is one not taken lightly...and I have NEVER heard or seen someone who had to go through it encourage others to do the same to lessen her own anxiety or guilt for crying out loud.

If you could not do it, then that is your right.
If you believe that a first trimester embryo is a human baby, that is your right to believe.
What is NOT your right is to push your beliefs on anyone else's lives or bodies.

There is good reason doctors advise women not to tell anyone about their pregnancy until after the first trimester...because at that stage of growth, there is no guarantee of any kind that embryo will continue to grow to one day become a baby.
It is a potential life...given the right conditions.
As many, if not more, or these potential lives are naturally terminated every day.

A first trimester miscarriage is not viewed as the death of a baby.
It is the loss of the potential and hopes of the parents.
tlcos87

Post by tlcos87 »

Yes, it is a selfish choice and that is totally ok. It's YOUR body, if ever there is a time to make a selfish decision, medical decisions are it. If you don't agree with abortion, you don't have to have one.

AGREED. Abortion is a choice, you want to have "Abortion Kills" billboards, then there should be equal amounts of "Pro Choice" billboards. Freedom of speech. A mother who has been smoking crack and is pregnant decides to have an abortion, it is her choice and probably the right one. Why should society be responsible for paying and raising a child brought in with an immense disability in life because a mother couldn't put down the pipe or whatever her addiction maybe. There should be a routine drug test done on every pregnant women to see if their is any fetal harm being done and she should be held responsible and have the choice. No wonder why we have so many social issues in North America, people who should not have kids continue to have them and the rest of the countries hard earned tax dollars go towards a child who has such a horrible life because the most couldn't be unselfish and have a healthy baby and pregnancy. PRO CHOICE, and some women shouldn't even be given a choice in some cases unless they are committed to care for the child they created so we don't have to.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 30th, 2016, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tlcos87 wrote:AGREED. Abortion is a choice, you want to have "Abortion Kills" billboards, then there should be equal amounts of "Pro Choice" billboards. Freedom of speech.

What planet do you live on? If you have "Gay Pride" billboards, then there should be equal amounts of "God Hates *bleep*" billboards. Freedom of speech. Poor analogy, I know, but hopefully you get the point. Freedom of speech does not mean both sides much be represented equally.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
I see what you did

Post by I see what you did »

Glacier wrote:What planet do you live on? If you have "Gay Pride" billboards, then there should be equal amounts of "God Hates *bleep*" billboards. Freedom of speech. Poor analogy, I know, but hopefully you get the point. Freedom of speech does not mean both sides much be represented equally.

that's an absolutely disgusting analogy. point not taken.
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

Glacier wrote:What planet do you live on? If you have "Gay Pride" billboards, then there should be equal amounts of "God Hates *bleep*" billboards. Freedom of speech. Poor analogy, I know, but hopefully you get the point. Freedom of speech does not mean both sides much be represented equally.

lol, wut? :135:

that's a realllllly terrible analogy
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

manmade wrote:lol, wut? :135:

that's a realllllly terrible analogy

Don't be deliberately obtuse. If you have two competing arguments, and 90% of people support argument A, and 10% of people support argument B, it's ridiculous to state that argument B should be covering as many billboards as argument A. Freedom of speech means everyone is free to put their opinions on a billboard, but speech has strength in numbers. Millions of people supporting an idea will have the means to put up a lot more billboards than two guys in their mom's basement supporting another idea.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Why do right wing people insist that a woman killing an infant (infanticide) is the same as a therapeutic abortion in the first trimester?
Of the 1.6 million abortions performed in the U.S. each year, 91percent are performed during the first trimester (12 or fewer weeks' gestation); 9 percent are performed in the second trimester (24 or fewer weeks' gestation); and only about 100 are performed in the third trimester (more than 24 weeks' gestation), ...Jun 17, 2003 -FOX NEWS, pro right wing news site.

I'd like to see how many of theses anti-choice Christians are also proud PRO MILITARY And PRO- INTERVENTIONISTS?
manmade
Fledgling

Post by manmade »

Glacier wrote:Don't be deliberately obtuse. If you have two competing arguments, and 90% of people support argument A, and 10% of people support argument B, it's ridiculous to state that argument B should be covering as many billboards as argument A. Freedom of speech means everyone is free to put their opinions on a billboard, but speech has strength in numbers. Millions of people supporting an idea will have the means to put up a lot more billboards than two guys in their mom's basement supporting another idea.

My opinion stands, your analogy sucked
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

manmade wrote:My opinion stands, your analogy sucked

Fair enough. How about pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine then. Should both sides have equal number of billboards?
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”