Marlon at it again!!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Marlon at it again!!

Post by flamingfingers »

He's been on this subject for at least a decade. I'd be interested to now how many 'given up for adoption kids' he has adopted/fostered/found homes for and how many women who have made the choice to give up their babies for adoption he has helped or supported.

Abortion billboard targeted
Dustin Godfrey - Jul 11, 2016 / 4:47 pm | Story: 170464

Photo: Contributed
A pro-life billboard in West Kelowna has seen its second bout of vandalism in less than a month.

Swastikas were spray painted on the sign, which was put in place by the Kelowna Right to Life Society.

The organization has sent letters to the mayors of both Kelowna and West Kelowna asking them to "publicly decry the acts of hatred."

"I hereby request that both of you release public statements condemning any and all acts of hatred, specifically against the pro-life and Christian communities of Kelowna,” said executive director Marlon Bartram.

Bertram added that Kelowna Mayor Colin Basran "seems willing to take extraordinary actions to do so on behalf of the homosexual community."

Last comment also tells us a bit more about this guy.... nice, eh?
Chill
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Marlon at it again!!

Post by Randall T »

I realize they have a right to protest what they believe in, but there is a level of decency that should be observed. Obviously he's lacking in that concept. Trying to explain to a little kid what that billboard is about should not have to happen. It's an adult matter, keep it within that audience. Radicals seem to only see what is within their narrow minds.
I birn quil I se
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I'm OK with the billboard. Use it as an educational opportunity that nobody has a right to make medical decisions for women but themselves. It's not my problem if you don't want to educate your kids about an uncomfortable subject, just talk to them.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

JLives wrote:I'm OK with the billboard. Use it as an educational opportunity that nobody has a right to make medical decisions for women but themselves. It's not my problem if you don't want to educate your kids about an uncomfortable subject, just talk to them.

It's not always that simple. I didn't appreciate having to discuss it with my 8 year old grand daughter. Even though I agree that it is a woman's decision, it should be something that her parents discuss with her at the appropriate age/time.... not have it sprung on them on the way to soccer practice. I'm all for freedom of speech, but there should be some consideration for age appropriateness as well.
Tradesman
Fledgling

Post by Tradesman »

Randall T wrote:I realize they have a right to protest what they believe in, but there is a level of decency that should be observed. Obviously he's lacking in that concept. Trying to explain to a little kid what that billboard is about should not have to happen. It's an adult matter, keep it within that audience. Radicals seem to only see what is within their narrow minds.

I agree. The billboard should have an R rating. It's a bit much for little kids to take. It's also not very accurate as the puppy has been born and aged. So not exactly apples to apples. It's an unfortunate opinion that's getting attention which is the intention but targeting children is crossing the line.
:)
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Why is Marlon, a male, trying to advance a cause of his own which is CLEARLY unsympathetic to women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy? He obviously has never and will never find himself in such circumstances these women find themselves in! I have known women who have had terminations and find themselves completely relieved by their decision.

For him to try and incite guilt on these women for making this hard decision is an attempt to reduce women to brainless accouterments under the control of (some)men like him!
Chill

Return to “Social Concerns”