How to Circumvent Life's Most Stressful Situation

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

How to Circumvent Life's Most Stressful Situation

Post by Glacier »

The radio was saying this morning that divorce is the 2nd most stressful situation in life. Only the death of a spouse trumps that. I turned to my wife with all the logic I could muster, and told her straight up, "well there you have, the only way to avoid the stress of death that will hit us all if we live long enough is to get divorced!"

Somehow, I don't think she was able to follow my impeccable logic that everyone should get divorced to avoid the worse stress of a spouses death.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: How to Circumvent Life's Most Stressful Situation

Post by ferri »

what hospital are you in? :biggrin:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

:spitcoffee:
We leak as rivers
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I have always said that for some LIFERS in marriage the sentence can be worse than committing a murder...
even if you get a life sentence for your crime - keep your nose clean and behave yourself and you can get off early for good behavior.
:up:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The only way to get out of marriage is bad behavior. Sounds more like the opposite of prison.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Glacier wrote:The only way to get out of marriage is bad behavior. Sounds more like the opposite of prison.

Think you might have missed my twisted humour Glacier...I meant that comment in complete and total jest.

That being said...

Being a complete cantankerous *bleep* or harpy, in the eyes of most judges, would not necessarily be bad behavior.

Some folks might be shackled to a complete asinine or harpy and

that truly would be worse than a Life Sentence.

I remember a lawyer friend once telling me that, "its not against the law to be an *bleep* hole".

I've always thought that was a shame....lol
Last edited by Barney Google on Sep 13th, 2016, 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

My wife and I have been threatening to kill each other for years. So far it's been working to keep us together. :130:
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

A funny scene from the movie This is Forty,

OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Glacier wrote:The radio was saying this morning that divorce is the 2nd most stressful situation in life. Only the death of a spouse trumps that.

I've heard from divorced people who think that divorce is actually more stressful than the death of a spouse would have been. Death is at least final. In divorce, the pain is often on-going and can be nasty.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I can honestly say from experience that this is not true. I divorced my first wife and never felt better. Almost as good as she did.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Glacier wrote:The radio was saying this morning that divorce is the 2nd most stressful situation in life. Only the death of a spouse trumps that.

OREZ wrote:I've heard from divorced people who think that divorce is actually more stressful than the death of a spouse would have been. Death is at least final. In divorce, the pain is often on-going and can be nasty.

Not only that, but when children are in the relationship it can be even uglier. When a parent ditches the marriage and children, it's far worse than dying unexpectedly... you see, the parent CHOSE to ditch the kids.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Social Concerns”