Suggestions needed

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Suggestions needed

Post by Even Steven »

Queen K wrote:Maybe he doesn't know.

God I hope so.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

kgcayenne wrote:As far as I'm concerned, that means 50% or more of guys are filtered-out immediately as being the more selfish, base kind. That actually works to the advantage of many women. Maybe single women should hire 'wing kids'

Well if it's working out so great, why complain?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

w84u2 wrote:Or buy a Lambo.?

:laugh: that should work
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:I would suggest joining a mixed sports team (volleyball, pickleball, softball, curling etc.). The girls on the teams always have friends :)

worked for me in my 20's ,the good old days :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

w84u2 wrote:A 20 year old man could easily have a 38 year old *bleep* of a mother.

[icon_lol2.gif] when I was 26 I had a super hot 39 year old *bleep* for about- 6 months we had lots of fun together :up:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 4th, 2016, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm think the young man wants a real partner, not a let's waste my life and time with someone who clearly isn't going to be there for me-type.

And truthy, for someone who comes across as conservatively judgemental, I'm shocked.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

I am still a little surprised at some of the replies to this topic.......I know I should not be....but there you go.

You hopefully noticed that I did not say that I was looking for ways for my 28 year old son Fred who lives in Vernon, drives a Honda Civic who broke up wit his girlfriend Brenda after 7 years.....etc

No, I was very careful to be general and limited in my info.....my son has no idea that I posted on castanet for some health feedback from hopefully helpful forumites.

If I am invited to go sailing and know little about sailing other than the fact that I would have to help sail it.........I would find out about the type of boat and look up a video so I don't look a total fool.

The same here, I have not had to date in Kelowna ..... I don't know too much about the "young scene". So that was the reason for my post. Hovering is not needed.

No helicopter strings attached but have always fostered a healthy respect for parents and elders in my children. If he brings the topic up again, I want to be informed. I want to be there with suggestions IF I am asked for them
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

You sound like a good MOM that has a child that values your opinion. Good for you. :130:
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No harm in helping out your kids at all and I've always encouraged mine to try new things as you never know who you might meet.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Social Concerns”