Abused Men

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Abused Men

Post by Atomoa »

StraitTalk wrote:Two of my closest friends are going through this.

I listened to the wife of a friend threaten him with his own children.

"You know I'll get custody so dont even think of doing XYZ - don't push me!"
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya i have heard that waaaaaaaaaay too many times over the years my males friends wives saying it all the time as a power and control tool
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

It's a legitimate threat any married woman can make with confidence. Either do what I say or I'll take the kids and you'll have to keep on paying for them.

Look at Brad and Angelina. All it took was a simple accusation that Brad was "loud and abusive" and the cops turned his house inside out and he had to get drug tested - all done as a preemptive move to ensure Angelina gets full custody and Brad pays the bills. Set's the "tone" of the custody battle.

- Buckminster Fuller
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

She actually went alot easier on him then i was used to . Females with a tendency to get hystericle can tell when people realize that she acts out on you . The brides actions seem like she felt out numbered by the grooms friends .She went for the juggler of his self esteem.
The manipulation can be very convincing. He is going to be sorry and admitting to being in the wrong before bedtime .
Strong and free
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i know of a few complete dead beat mothers who got full custody of there kids after there divorce, only because they were women , it was the females that were deadbeats ,the husbands wanted out, but the f :cuss: judge gave custody to the females even when the kids wanted to stay with the fathers, how f up is that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Mental abuse seems to void out any physical size difference in term of abuse-harm potential. Whittling down a man's mind or threatening to take away his children is just as, if not more harmful than a punch or kick.

- Buckminster Fuller
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

there are a lot of this type out there . Which doesnt help ,You tend to end up believing them.
I am very fortunate to put it all behind me . Ended up with full custody and married the woman i should have had in the first place .
Strong and free
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Unfortunately there are women play those games and use their children to control a partner and/or take revenge on one that has left the relationship. Why would anyone be surprised that women can behave just as badly as some men. The family court system though does not seem to have caught on to that fact just yet.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I saw a bride who was traumatized by the behaviour of buddy's friends at the wedding. I saw frustration beyond comprehension and I saw a man who knew he had screwed up and had not a leg to stand on. Sometimes it is best to sit there and take your medicine.
I saw a bride who's wedding was ruined, she was embarrassed and humiliated. No man should send a woman to the brink, it could be the death sentence. Kudos to Buddy for not stopping UBER and exiting the vehicle.
Any man who watches this should take heed and recognize that bad behavior by your friends at the wedding is a bad thing to do.
This was a Bride who put everything on the line for her man and he let her down. Not nice.
Hopefully he will never forget what is important to his lady and at the end of the night they can kiss and make up and go on for a long and happy union.
I have seen the demon that lurks within and it is an awesome power, scary and intimidating. It is the secret weapon of every woman but it needs to be awakened and doing really stupid stuff is a sure-fire method.
I did not watch the end, it was too painful to watch as it was and gave me flashbacks!
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Atomoa wrote:
I had a woman jump on my back, punch the back of my head and jab a set of keys into my arm. This was in my early 20's and it didnt even occur to me that it was a assault. All I was thinking about was "not reacting" so the 10 or so men that sat back and watched it happen wouldn't swarm me if I tried to defend myself (I was at a party). My only focus was "get outta there before someone calls you a wifebeater". That's some serious social conditioning!

You must have pushed the wrong button! As the crowd parted to watch the show they likely thought you were getting your just desserts.
Man beaters usually learn from their mothers, techniques, pivot points and the kind of blow needed to take your breath away when properly executed.
Waste not
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

hey Grandan, what you saw in that video is exactly what I saw...glad I wasn't the only one..
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I couldn't hear a lot of what she was saying, maybe my speakers aren't the greatest.
Sure she was frustrated and he was drunk (like many people on their wedding day).
I don't think that excuses her behavior (physical assault). He is what he is, and she picked him for her one and only. They don't seem well matched if she likes a sober wedding and he likes a drunk party. And she's trying to argue with a drunk person, that never works, she's not going to help him see the light this way, as he's not even going to remember what she said the next day. He's barely conscious. He's not likely to turn into a teetotaller, nor should he have to for her. I think they (or at least she) are just realizing they are not the best match. They should throw in the towel now before they get in too deep, or there are children involved. Or his drunk behavior continues and turns into physical retaliation, to her pushing and shoving, which is going to leave her in emerge one day.

I once knew a guy who was the nicest most decent person you could imagine when he was sober, but he wouldn't drink. I ask him why, and he explained because he becomes a monster when he drinks, a totally unbelievably different person. So this guy is not what she thought she married, and he's not going to take this abuse forever just because he's drunk. One day he will (understandably) snap.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Grandan wrote:You must have pushed the wrong button!

Breaking up with someone is never accetpable. I guess had it coming.

- Buckminster Fuller
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

There is a problem at weddings and that is the relationship between drinking and food. Without food, drinkers become monsters. Weddings wait too long to serve the food or serve the booze too early resulting in people who get out of hand fast. Serve more food than booze, always!
Waste not
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Grandan wrote:There is a problem at weddings and that is the relationship between drinking and food. Without food, drinkers become monsters. Weddings wait too long to serve the food or serve the booze too early resulting in people who get out of hand fast. Serve more food than booze, always!

Good tip Grandan. I have a wedding come up in the family, so good to know wrt to planning the event. I am also trying to figure out how to handle keeping guests safe given that some obviously are going to overdo, as far as plans to get everyone home safe and in one piece.

Return to “Social Concerns”