3rd eviction notice

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
anonymouscoward777

Re: 3rd eviction notice

Post by anonymouscoward777 »

jimmy4321 wrote:They can issue an eviction, i would've done the same.
The fact that they are not willing to let things slide this month is either they simply can't afford to have late rent which they shouldn't put up with or your to much of a pain than the whole thing is worth.

They are not evicting me for that. I paid that rent as soon as I realized I had forgot. I have enough money that I am not ever unable to pay rent and it was an accident. Yea, I know that is hard for you to believe but that is a fact.

They are evicting me because they are making up a BS story about bed bugs and that I didn't move my furniture away from the wall when they came to spray with pesticides. They did that because they illegally put someone else's rent receipt in my mail box and saw the rent was now $900 for a one bedroom so emailed them about it and said I wouldn't pay $900 per month for a bed bug infested crap building like this.

The Last time they treated with heat which is far more effective than pesticides. I did the research and a single pesticide spray is only about 6.4% effective. That's right, only 6.4%. Heat treatment is far more effective and doesn't require one to move furniture out from the walls.

Furthermore; I told them I found a couple of bed bugs over six months ago and they did nothing then. I bought my own steamer to take care of them.

There is no room to move the furniture to in here because it is just a bachelor, I am also disabled with an ulcer in my ankle so can't move the furniture anyway.

This is about deliberate criminal harassment of a tenant because they really want me out of here for some strange reason. This is not about caring about bed bugs, it just an excuse they are using.

The fact you all jump on my back as if I am the criminal when in fact it is them that are just takes the cake.

You all prove my saying that Kelowna and Vernon are s--t towns full of s--t people. :admin:
anonymouscoward777

kgcayenne wrote:Do not ever make excuses for not paying rent on time. There are naturally exceptions in the face of unforeseen calamity, etc, but forgetting is not valid and may be but one symptom of a greater problem.

A person has ten days to pay rent before they can evict someone. All they had to do was remind me and I have never been later with rent before. You know? Sometimes people forget things. Geez, forget rent once and you all want to burn me at the stake as if I am a witch. B-U-R-R-R-N the witch!!! [icon_lol2.gif]
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:You all prove my saying that Kelowna and Vernon are s--t towns full of s--t people. :admin:

You could always move to someplace where there are others that are more to your liking.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Post dated cheques would solve that or automatic Bank payments. I pay all my monthly bills that way and never have a problem.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

What was the reason that the RCMP were at your door? You haven't given us the answer yet.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Sounds like you're the problem, and not the landlord

Pretty sure they cant evicted you for not moving furniture. There must be more to your story than your making it out to be.
anonymouscoward777

w84u2 wrote:
You could always move to someplace where there are others that are more to your liking.

I could, but I won't just yet because I have a very good reason to stay and also not move out of this apartment no matter what. I have every intention of making them take this to the BC Supreme court to get me out if I should lose the dispute resolution. I don't even like living here but as I said before, I have a very good reason to stay.
anonymouscoward777

w84u2 wrote:What was the reason that the RCMP were at your door? You haven't given us the answer yet.

Well, because I told them there are no bed bugs in my apartment so wouldn't let them in to inspect for bed bugs. They show up with the exterminator and an RCMP officer, who refused to show me his ID, they forced my door open with a master key and then threatened to cut my chain lock so I let them in. But I don't think what they did is legal even if they have the right to enter. And I know for a fact a cop not showing ID when requested is illegal.

After that I said to myself in my apartment one day that next time they come would need two RCMP officers. Guess what they show up with when they came to spray? Yup. Two RCMP officers.

I'm not going to spell it out for you but if you think about what I just said you will put 2+2 together.
anonymouscoward777

Bsuds wrote:Post dated cheques would solve that or automatic Bank payments. I pay all my monthly bills that way and never have a problem.

I used to have auto withdrawals at my last place but they don't have that option here so I pay via bank transfer at the end of each month. The point is that being late a couple of days does not warrant an eviction notice and a friendly reminder will suffice. I know exactly why they want me out of here but I am not making that info public just yet. I might one day though.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Because they can re rent it out for more money?

You're not one of those neighbours who accuses people of stuff or stuff like that are you? I only ask because I had a neighbour once who accused everyone around her of entering into her apartment and stealing her stuff from her fridge. Even had it that the one guy would shimmy up the to the deck to get in, that sort of thing. The landlord had warned her that if she harasses people for outlandish stuff, she has to move.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

If it is so horrible there and you feel you are treated wrong... move.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh right V-R, because for a guy who is obviously in a small place with no room for his own bed has the resources to move to a place that is only going to charge a lot more money. Do you have a clue how rental rates in Kelowna have gone up? I'm guessing not. So the "if you're not happy - move" is quite worn out.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:Post dated cheques would solve that or automatic Bank payments. I pay all my monthly bills that way and never have a problem.
anonymouscoward777 wrote:
I used to have auto withdrawals at my last place but they don't have that option here so I pay via bank transfer at the end of each month. The point is that being late a couple of days does not warrant an eviction notice and a friendly reminder will suffice. I know exactly why they want me out of here but I am not making that info public just yet. I might one day though.

Are you aware that you can set those up to pay in advance. No excuse to miss any!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:
w84u2 wrote:What was the reason that the RCMP were at your door? You haven't given us the answer yet.

Well, because I told them there are no bed bugs in my apartment so wouldn't let them in to inspect for bed bugs. They show up with the exterminator and an RCMP officer, who refused to show me his ID, they forced my door open with a master key and then threatened to cut my chain lock so I let them in. But I don't think what they did is legal even if they have the right to enter. And I know for a fact a cop not showing ID when requested is illegal.

After that I said to myself in my apartment one day that next time they come would need two RCMP officers. Guess what they show up with when they came to spray? Yup. Two RCMP officers.

I'm not going to spell it out for you but if you think about what I just said you will put 2+2 together.

so you act like a dick then its everyone else whos wrong and you wonder why they want to evict you, seriously? from what I have read you are the one being a difficult a hole and I kinda hope they succeed in bootin your *bleep* out
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

LTD wrote:so you act like a dick then its everyone else whos wrong and you wonder why they want to evict you, seriously? from what I have read you are the one being a difficult a hole and I kinda hope they succeed in bootin your *bleep* out

Agreed LTD...*Poor Me victim syndrome*
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Social Concerns”