Social Justice Warrior

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Social Justice Warrior

Post by Queen K »

:spitcoffee: Oh please, your fav bleached blond has a privileged start in life, when did she have to worry about how much her chosen university cost her? And she wants to improve maternity leaves and woman's issues, from the White House. She's as much of a sjw as some of this meme implies. She isn't screeching like a fishmongers wife, lucky her she doesn't have to.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Oh GB, that'll keep me laughing for some time....Rich...Lol.

To me SJW will find a wrong where none previously existed.

And tantrums as their tools...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Attachments
your rights.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hey, that's like that Kentucky clerk I mentioned ^^, told that gay couple applying for a marriage license that their rights ended where she had feelings.

http://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-clerk- ... ple-362535

Bolded word was left out of the original sentence. My bad. :sosorry:
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 17th, 2017, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:Hey, that's that Kentucky clerk I mentioned ^^, told that gay couple applying for a marriage license that their rights ended where she had feelings.

http://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-clerk- ... ple-362535

That's not her.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I left out the word "like", sorry, my bad. So the clerk was exhonorated is that right? Did not lose her job so much as was told that Church and State are separate so that no other religion could dictate to her what to believe. I have to go look the conclusion up.
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 18th, 2017, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:I left out the word "like" and presto. So the clerk was exhonorated is that right? Did not lose her job so much as was told that Church and State are separate so that no other religion could dictate to her what to believe. I have to go look the conclusion up.

She actually went to jail.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh. Damn. Thought she'd have gone to back to school.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How about this beauty? As reported on the National Review, Arizona Senators introduce a bill to end Social Justice classes.

Your rights end where my feeling begin anyone?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ree-speech

I'm headed out to work now, but shall elaborate later on this one.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:How about this beauty? As reported on the National Review, Arizona Senators introduce a bill to end Social Justice classes.

Your rights end where my feeling begin anyone?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ree-speech

I'm headed out to work now, but shall elaborate later on this one.

SJ classes are IMO ridiculous, but this even more so.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

SJW's are all about "microagressions" and "trigger warnings".

I have a friend who is liberal (several, actually - we don't hold our differing views against each other, we're adults) and he just posted this.

https://beingclassicallyliberal.us/2017/01/17/two-recent-studies-on-implicit-bias-and-microaggressions-find-opposite-results-of-what-sjws-predict/

They state that the social sciences do have some value, but

Broadly, Greg Lukianoff (President of the civil liberties group Foundation for Individual rights in Education) and Jonathan Haidt (social psychologist and Professor of Ethical Leadership) criticized microaggressions, trigger warnings, and safe spaces in their piece “The Coddling of the American Mind”. They’ve argued these are disastrous for education and ultimately mental health. It’s been argued that emotional coddling ultimately hurts students and promoting psychological frailty will do little for students’ emotional or cognitive development.
I haven't failed until I quit.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The Green Barbarian wrote:.

Here she is....her performance is at the end of this video. feminism and sjw all in one! :smt045

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

When I first read about "micro-aggrressions" I was struck with awe as to how far into the culture insanity was really going.

But of course, someone might think the above sentence is a micro aggression.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

After sitting through all 15 minutes of that video, in bewilderment.

I come to the realization that I quite like living in my little family/work/play
bubble away from screaming, triggered, fanatics of the world.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

dirtybiker wrote:After sitting through all 15 minutes of that video, in bewilderment.

I come to the realization that I quite like living in my little family/work/play
bubble away from screaming, triggered, fanatics of the world.

ME TOO !!!
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.

Return to “Social Concerns”