Mary Kills People

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Mary Kills People

Post by Queen K »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ger ... li=AAggFp5

This German nurse (I use the term lightly) is thought to be responsible for many more than 84 deaths, but some people were creamated, so who knows.

Now the authorities are going after former hospital employees who must have had suspicions but didn't call the authorities when they could have.

Making Mary look like a saint.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Do you sometimes feel like tv shows are there to assist us with the future? To assist us to understand changes happening right before our very eyes?

The Jetsons and Star Trek introduced unbelievable technology. Get Smart introduced spy ware.
Sci-Fi movies have been introducing new innovations as normal for a long time, facial recognition technology, iris scanning, fingerprint scanning, etc.

Mary Kills People introduced us to the idea of dying assisted in a World where it was not accepted as a legal practise, I note they threw in Switzerland in the scripts, see, we're always behind more sophiscated Europeans.

People have had sue for the right to die with dignity. Big trials, big press. Supreme Court decisions on your life and death.

So what was all that for? Today we have M.A.I.D.

You decide.

https://www.interiorhealth.ca/YourCare/ ... fault.aspx
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

Has anyone noted the "Lack of Value in Human Life" ?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Y-Wine wrote:Has anyone noted the "Lack of Value in Human Life" ?

Happens with every murder in this country, happens daily on the highways etc... etc

If someone has a death sentence due to illness or disease and the pain and suffering is unbearable, then I call that giving mercy.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

And here we are, a society of people riding high among their horses,dictating to the rest of us your own inner moral struggles.
What right do you even have being involved in the decisions of the rest of us and the personal choices we want to make.
Making a 40 yr old father die of starvation all while lying in the bed, not of his choice, in front of his family. Leaving a lasting impression upon them all of himself failing away to nothing before passing. All so you can have your impact on the rest of our decision to pass with dignity and away from tortuorous suffering.
At the time of someone dying from an illness, at any point that person should have easy, unobstructed choice.
Not your choice of hypocritical standard. Its humane to assist your pet with passing, but not your suffering family member.
The impact left on many, having the visual imprint left in your head of your loved one dying in this way, is 100% unacceptable.
Our society has not advanced in many ways. Holding us back is people's own challenges within themselves and their need for drowning the rest with it.
We need our own choice, one of dignity and respect. An easy choice, an uncomplicated choice.
Free from you and your own beliefs. This issue is taking far too long.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/va ... li=AAggFp5

Seven patients dead due to an evil person's actions. Disqusting, I hope the families can get closure now that they know the truth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Are you familiar with MAID? It's a program designed to assist the terminally-ill make a decision to humanely end their life under circumstances you and I can't determine for them, are intolerable. Palliative is not necessarily the only requirement either. Well here is more information on the MAID program in the Canadian legislature right now.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/s ... li=AAggXBV

He argued that the exclusion is unconstitutional, violating the right to equal treatment under the law, regardless of physical and mental disability, as guaranteed in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Moreover, Kutcher argued that it stigmatizes people with mental illnesses, suggesting that they don't have the mental capacity to decide when their suffering has become intolerable and that their suffering is somehow less than that caused by physical illnesses.

"Intolerable suffering is a subjective, personal experience. It cannot be negated or delegitimized by anyone else's valuation of that suffering," Kutcher told the Senate.

"Persons who have intolerable suffering from a mental disorder do not have a second-class type of suffering. Their suffering must be taken just as seriously as we take the suffering of those who request MAID (medical assistance in dying) for any other medical condition."

The Canadian Psychiatric Association has denounced the exclusion as discriminatory, stigmatizing and unconstitutional.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

They did it. Expanded the MAID program. There are implications in here that may interest some people.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/32 ... ate#325430
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Queen K wrote:They did it. Expanded the MAID program. There are implications in here that may interest some people.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/32 ... ate#325430
i saw lots of disabled folks saying this can be used to exterminate ppl so im just glad im not the one deciding this stuff
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Would fast track it. Because the terminally ill have choices too.

There is a team that assesses the client and who that person is, what their beliefs are and if they are a candidate for this procedure. It's not like people are rounded up and just done in.

Client's make the decision, and that's it. Sometimes the paper work sits on the table for a long time too. It's no easy answer for anyone.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/b ... li=AAggNb9
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

A recent meme reminded me if this thread.

Like it or not, people are taking their deaths into their own hands and opting for MAID. Sorry, not sorry. There is a "death panels" to review MAID.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... lness.html

Meet the panel, their biographies are here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... phies.html

But there is no bunch of people deciding that so and so must die, and today.

MAID has become a medical fact and is now more popular than ever for people with irreversible disease situations and yes, there is a pallative care team that may offer an introduction as to what it is all about. Accept this to be a Canadian reality. Rolling back medically assisted safe, painless suicide is to say you want people to suffer to the fullest extent possible til their natural death. So ok, do that for you. But don't decide to remove options for others.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote: Jan 23rd, 2024, 10:51 am
Rolling back medically assisted safe, painless suicide is to say you want people to suffer to the fullest extent possible till their natural death.

So ok, do that for you. But don't decide to remove options for others.
Exactly, it's their choice, let them make it!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

I find it odd that people go for maid.
Why not go out with a dream?
Find a big pile of slash in the hills, they are huge.
Sit on top with a few litres of gas, a gram of government cocaine then hit the fentanyl before you flame on.
Top of the bridge.
Grab a couple of cinder blocks and climb the rail.
Fill a boat with wood and go the Viking way.
Damm I love that one.
Run off the top of Dilworth cliffs.
So many better ways to go than MAID.
spooker

Post by spooker »

featfan wrote: Jan 23rd, 2024, 1:27 pm I find it odd that people go for maid.
Why not go out with a dream?
Find a big pile of slash in the hills, they are huge.
Sit on top with a few litres of gas, a gram of government cocaine then hit the fentanyl before you flame on.
Top of the bridge.
Grab a couple of cinder blocks and climb the rail.
Fill a boat with wood and go the Viking way.
Damm I love that one.
Run off the top of Dilworth cliffs.
So many better ways to go than MAID.
People who choose MAID are typically not in a position to go out with a bang, my uncle opted for it when he was confined to a hospital bed with a cancerous tumour wrapping his heart, a childhood friend chose it at home after the pain from her cancer became so unbearable as make getting to the washroom an ordeal, my wife's boss chose it after she could no longer breath on her own and had lost any ability to speak ...

Someone might not be able to imagine what would cause someone to choose MAID but that doesn't diminish it's value to those that have made the choice or feel that they might ...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

featfan wrote: Jan 23rd, 2024, 1:27 pm I find it odd that people go for maid.
Lets hope you never have to figure it out for yourself.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Social Concerns”