Mary Kills People

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Re: Mary Kills People

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Queen K wrote:
Did kitty die in episode four? Someone PM me, k?

Kitty is alive and well hopefully. He flew the coup through an open window.

I've been watching the show. The first episode sucked and I almost didn't watch the 2nd. There was way to much crammed into that episode and I wasn't buying the plot. I kept watching basically because none of my shows are in that time slot. The rest of the episodes have been ok. What the problem is with that show is it's like they're cramming 12 episodes into 6. There is no build up of characters or scenario's. I just finished watching another 6 episode show called Pure and it was so well done compared to Mary Kills People. Same with Cardinal that is still playing.

I don't know if these 6 episode shows are a one time thing or if they will continue with a second season and more episodes. I would love to see Pure and Cardinal come back.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
Queen K wrote:
Did kitty die in episode four? Someone PM me, k?

Kitty is alive and well hopefully. He flew the coup through an open window.

I've been watching the show. The first episode sucked and I almost didn't watch the 2nd. There was way to much crammed into that episode and I wasn't buying the plot. I kept watching basically because none of my shows are in that time slot. The rest of the episodes have been ok. What the problem is with that show is it's like they're cramming 12 episodes into 6. There is no build up of characters or scenario's. I just finished watching another 6 episode show called Pure and it was so well done compared to Mary Kills People. Same with Cardinal that is still playing.

I don't know if these 6 episode shows are a one time thing or if they will continue with a second season and more episodes. I would love to see Pure and Cardinal come back.

He flew the coup out of his new home, the hiding place. That's why I thought I missed episode four where he shows up at the old household where the kids thought he had died.

And Pure is one I hope shows up on Netflix. Evil Amish. Awesome.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Possible MKP is a pilot project, if viewers seem to like it, it gets a second season.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's moving so fast with so little development and nuance it's hard to envision a second season. Too bad they didn't keep the cop undercover til the very end.

And Mary's partner fell apart. How is he going to pull it together?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

It's a six episode mini series.

No s2 planed.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Are you watching it Hassel?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Just part of the first episode.

Not my cup of tea.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thought it would be more thought provoking, but instead it's galloping to an easy conclusion.
spooker

Post by spooker »

They discussed the money paid to Mary as showing the "commitment" by the person who wants to die ... to fork over that kind of money is something that would take a lot of pondering ... I think there was something that discusses what she does with the money and it's not like she's going out and buy shoes or the like
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She hands her ex envelop full of cash. I think that's where it goes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

2 hour Grand Finale tonight :130:

Who else is watching? Pass the popcorn k? :popcorn:
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

I'm watching right now. I'll be glad when it's over. Even if there would be a second season, I doubt I'd watch. They could have made this series so awesome, but it's shallow and anti-climatic, with many story lines I just don't buy.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That was clever.

And the cat came back.

Lots of room for a continuation of the series.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good.....they definitely left it open enough to continue the story.

I missed a few shows...so am lost on two things:

What's up with the cat ???

And who is the woman watching the video at the very end?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, the Pento was discovered by Mary's kids, so she told them it was to kill the cat, which had "cancer."
She took the cat to someone else's house, where it escaped out a window. Which I immediately said, "OH GAWD, kitty is going to find it's way home, alive. When it should be dead." Yup.

And the woman watching the vid is a widow of one of Mary's victims. Or clients. Whichever one you want to believe.

Return to “Social Concerns”