Sexual Assault at Orchard Park

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
twofingers
Board Meister

Sexual Assault at Orchard Park

Post by twofingers »

I do slightly know the accused person in this case, but I have absolutely no idea whether he's guilty or innocent.
However, the ability for Castanet to offer up his name, and what businesses he is involved in, is entirely unfair to him.
At this point, as far as the story goes, it's immaterial what happened or didn't happen....he's hung with it now!
No wonder Trump has such disdain for the press!
This kind of journalism should be, (and might be, in Canada), subject to libel suits.
If the accused is found guilty in court, that's a different issue...fill your boots with his name and anything else you choose.
Why is it that we allow publishing of the sensationalist stories, but someone charged with impaired driving for the fifth time doesn't even get their name printed?
I do hope the accused in this case does explore the possibility of civil legal action against the reporter and the website.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Sexual Assault at Orchard Park

Post by w84u2 »

Being charged.......it's public record. Reporting public record is allowed, it's called NEWS. It will be in the print versions by nex delivery day.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
coolwaterwave

Post by coolwaterwave »

Guess the rule don't leave negative posts about businesses doesn't extend to calling the a guy a rapist and letting everyone else know.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

coolwaterwave wrote:Guess the rule don't leave negative posts about businesses doesn't extend to calling the a guy a rapist and letting everyone else know.

Where has that happened on these forums?
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

he rents out units. ask female renters what they think of him
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:he rents out units. ask female renters what they think of him

I will do NO such thing!!!! You do it. Just rumours. Why would anyone even consider such an action? That is immature and plain old nasty. Let the proper investigators do their job.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

w84u2 wrote:I will do NO such thing!!!! You do it. Just rumours. Why would anyone even consider such an action? That is immature and plain old nasty. Let the proper investigators do their job.

A friend of mine actually took him to the tenant board. He has a habit of coming into her suite whenever it suited him, day or night, no notice. He's a creep. Maybe you should rethink who you call friend.It seems that her story is not the only one. She is very happy he is being charged and was not surprised at all his actions towards his staff. He thinks that the rules do not apply to him. Food safe? Who needs it? Tenant laws? Nope, not for him? Consent and basic decency? Not a chance.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

While I agree with the potential damage to this man and his business if he's found not guilty, libel only applies to things that are not true. He's been charged, that is true and it's a matter of public record. The quotes from a former staff member appear to be something Castanet dug up on their own...would you look at that, someone did some investigating, besides just using Google.

At first glance this case looks like it will be difficult to prosecute. The complainant can expect to be worked over pretty hard by Mr. Stajduhar's counsel if he fights this in court.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
w84u2 wrote:I will do NO such thing!!!! You do it. Just rumours. Why would anyone even consider such an action? That is immature and plain old nasty. Let the proper investigators do their job.

A friend of mine actually took him to the tenant board. He has a habit of coming into her suite whenever it suited him, day or night, no notice. He's a creep. Maybe you should rethink who you call friend.It seems that her story is not the only one. She is very happy he is being charged and was not surprised at all his actions towards his staff. He thinks that the rules do not apply to him. Food safe? Who needs it? Tenant laws? Nope, not for him? Consent and basic decency? Not a chance.

Where did I say he is a "friend"? He very well be a creep and a low life that you and others have portrayed him as.....BUT......he is still just accused and hasn't been proven guilty .......yet. IF he is, as the Castanet court has claimed.........then he is still entitled to his day in court.
IF he is guilty, I hope he receives chemical castration and all of his business interests are seized and sold to the employees for a dime on the dollar.
Everything else is......."a friend of a friend, who was a tenant, and somebody else said that he was a jerk" hearsay.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

My question is this alleged incident happened in August 2015, with the first court appearance May 2016, and the upcoming court case is in March 2017. There are no reports of any recent court activity.

Usually Castanet will link to any previous posted news article they have done, none provided. Why did this all of a sudden become newsworthy item. The only recent activity that has happened is the ad for the locksmith positon which had the comment about “great work environment.”

If I was cynical, I would think that some one contacted Castanet to make a point after reading the job ad, and that Castanet published the story. There are lots of criminal court cases going through the system everyday, strange that this one with no recent activity becomes newsworthy.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

My apologies, it was the OP who said they knew him, not you. The rest stands. FB is lighting up with stories about this creep. One story may be questionable, but when you hit the 10 mark a pattern starts showing. Unless he is a super nice guy and the world is out to get him, lol. Doubt it.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Mr Danksworth wrote:My apologies, it was the OP who said they knew him, not you. The rest stands. FB is lighting up with stories about this creep. One story may be questionable, but when you hit the 10 mark a pattern starts showing. Unless he is a super nice guy and the world is out to get him, lol. Doubt it.

I VERY MUCH appreciate the clarification and the exoneration. There are not many that would do that. Thank you.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

if one doesn't want their name and business smeared all over the news one shouldn't put ones self in those positions
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

LTD wrote:if one doesn't want their name and business smeared all over the news one shouldn't put ones self in those positions

How can you "put yourself in the position" of being accused of something that requires no evidence but hearsay?

Avoid other men and women completely?

Work alone and don't allow anyone to ever enter a room with you alone, all the time?
Last edited by Atomoa on Feb 13th, 2017, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Social Concerns”