Not so Feel Good Stories

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
inquisitive
Fledgling

Not so Feel Good Stories

Post by inquisitive »

I applaud those who have relayed their compassionate stories in the neighbouring thread, and it's heartening to learn how many such good stories come our way from every imaginable source. Thank you all for sharing them with us, brightening our day, and lifting up our spirits via " Feel Good Stories".

It is coincidental that today I sought to raise awareness regarding heartlessness displayed by our BC government departments charged with lifting up spirits, brightening the days of so many of our fellowmen, in whose care they have to place a huge reliance.
My awareness of such unfortunate (innocent) people was focused on this topic by the number of articles currently before us from various sources - the subject being the tragic suicide of one of our young (unfortunate, innocent) people, namely Alex Gervais. I mourn for him and wonder also at the other suicides in such large numbers nationally amongst our young people.

What is really galling about the circumstances surrounding young Alex is that for the princely sum of $8,000.00 per month those responsible found this motel avenue to be the only (?) avenue available to them, not a social worker in sight, not a foster-home to take him in, to perhaps provide a semblance of loving care and security for him. (Yes, that would only be a continuation of his tragic life's lot from all accounts). But, by contrast, he is left alone in a motel room, where even the contracted entity (qualified?) failed him by alleged neglect for ten days before his suicide.

That was my preamble.

I invite readers whose hearts have been touched by the plight of Alex and those many unnamed others, to bring to the light of day their stories by adding to this thread in at least equal numbers to those respondents who created the success of the "Feel Good Stories"

Surely it is not too idealistic to hope that by so doing we can collectively bring pressure through public awareness of, hopefully, large numbers of our neighbours with similar stories (urgent, but neglected case-histories), and pass along the need for correction to our government departments? Hoping to read your account, with thanks.

There is recourse available, (should this Castanet message fail), in the ballot box in May, by defeating Christie Clark's attempt at re-election. This buck does stop at her desk. There are other parties worthy of your consideration.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Not so Feel Good Stories

Post by fvkasm2x »

I can't really tell what your goal is here, as you seem to get onto 3 different topics.

The death of this guy falls on the shoulders of 2 people/things:

1) His corrupt caregiver in charge of his situation

2) The person or persons that allowed this caregiver to work in the field

I don't really think Christie Clark can be blamed for this, unless you wish to explain more

Return to “Social Concerns”