Imposing your morals upon others is just wrong

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Imposing your morals upon others is just wrong

Post by mexi cali »

Hassel99 wrote:Here is a link to relevant context.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=70631

Is that really what he/she's talking about? How would one have gleaned that from his opening salvo?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:public service announcement :up:

Little vague need to be much more clear what you are talking about. I could be wrong here as far as I know no one has ESP.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

kgcayenne wrote:anonymouscoward777, what morals are you discussing, and in what way do you feel they are being imposed?

As an example:

I've had some interaction with a former roommate about morals. I owned the house; therefore, I set the rules. She was under absolutely no obligation to continue living in my house. You see, my morals governed 'house rules' of the house I owned, therefore I had the reasonable authority to impose certain moral standards within the confines of my house. She failed. We conflicted. She found out she was 100% wrong. She left. End of story.

Offspring has had to come to terms with the same thing... all offspring, in all households do. It's a global thing, really.

TylerM4 wrote:I think you are confusing morals, desire, and rules. Morals simply means sense of "right" vs "wrong". It doesn't influence where or how they are applied nor the punishment for going against those morals. Creating and enforcing rules is not the same thing as creating and enforcing/imposing morals.

This former roommate of mine accused me of imposing my morals on her. And by 'morals' she meant: "a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do." I find the OP is uncannily similar in several ways; I'll leave it at that.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

People who accuse other people of imposing their morals on others usually have none.

There is such a thing as right and wrong. Good taste and bad taste. Good and poor manners. Proper and improper behavior. Socially acceptable and Unacceptable.

And there will always be those who challenge these axioms but as I said, they are usually the ones who possess none of the good stuff and walk around saying "whatever" as a means to disguise their stupidity for disdain.

Those who constantly ask "who are you to judge" live in trailers and have pitbulls as pets, used appliances as fences, don't own a lawn mower, have several dead cars littering their property, have mullets, Smoke, dropped out in grade 9 (but amazingly still have opinions on everything) voted for Trump, Hate immigrants (specially them damn Mexicans) Burn mosques, think all Asians look alike, smoke (can't afford groceries but smokes! Hell ya!) Think theres a dress version of sweat pants, Think that yoga pants are for everyone, sue grocery stores for tripping on a mat, are missing the two front teeth, bowl and let their kids swim in public pools whilst wearing loaded diapers.

Now you know. Ur welcome.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Couldn't just like your post - I loved it except you made me think of Walmart shoppers...
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Oh! I was so gonna say that!!!

Return to “Social Concerns”