Gender Identity

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Gender Identity

Post by my5cents »

The title of this topic is "Gender Identity", but it's also entered the realm of "bathroom gender".

I can't speak from experience, being a heterosexual male, but from reading and speaking with others and attempting to keep my head out of a dark place, I think I've got a pretty good idea.

For starters, what is gender and how many genders are there ?

Some,,, and most on this forum would say "two", "male and female of course".

Then "we" try to fit everyone into one or the other. The photo of the person with a beard, long hair and eye makeup ??? a woman with a beard, or a guy with eye makeup ?

Well, is there just two genders ? Some transsexual people feel there should be a third gender, male, female and transsexual. Now is that correct ? Perhaps there should be four ? Male, female, male to female transsexual, and female to male transsexual. Or, does it matter ?

Is a transsexual someone who has had the "plumbing fixed" ? Does that matter ?

Also there is a complete other topic of the sexual preference of ones partner.

Male, heterosexual
Male, homosexual
Male, bisexual
Female, heterosexual
Female, homosexual
Female, bisexual
Male to female transsexual sexually attracted to females
Male to female transsexual sexually attracted to males
Male to female transsexual, bisexual
Female to male transsexual sexually attracted to females
Female to male transsexual sexually attracted to males
Female to male transsexual, bisexual

It gets very complicated when you start to consider transsexual individuals.

Take a biological male who identifies as a female. If that person is attracted to females (which is not unusual) if that person transitions to female does that make the person gay ? or straight ?

OK,, and bathrooms ?

Everyone is talking about the "young female" terrified when the "male trans, that looks like a trucker in a dress" enters her washroom. Talk about stereotyping.

Who's the most at risk in bathrooms ?

I would venture a guess, it would be the male to female transsexual forced to use a male washroom, being attacked by a homophobe.

It doesn't seem that too many are concerned about the transsexual.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

MAPearce wrote:Never mind ..Some of the "message" is MORE relevant today than ever ..

Can you please explain further? I posted a link to nonsense being said about homosexuality making men dangerous sexual predators. Are you saying you think homosexuals are sexual predators? That trans people are sexual predators? Your comment is too vague to tell exactly what you're trying to convey.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

my5cents wrote:Male, heterosexual
Male, homosexual
Male, bisexual
Female, heterosexual
Female, homosexual
Female, bisexual
Male to female transsexual sexually attracted to females
Male to female transsexual sexually attracted to males
Male to female transsexual, bisexual
Female to male transsexual sexually attracted to females
Female to male transsexual sexually attracted to males
Female to male transsexual, bisexual

It gets very complicated when you start to consider transsexual individuals.

Don't forget people with fluid gender whose gender can change day to day.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Even Steven wrote:Don't forget people with fluid gender whose gender can change day to day.

Yes, you're right, so 13 genders and counting !

Live and let live, and you are happy and aren't hurting anyone.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

That's why, with all these possiblities and permuatations, I think the bathroom thing has to be simplified. In schools they tried to just say, whatever each person prefers or identifies as. But really, I think it's too complicated to contemplate. Who is most at risk in a bathroom? Regardless of gender persuasion, they are most at risk if an aggressive, non-tolerant, probably straight guy doesn't like the look of whoever is in there. Can we have a separate bathroom for those characters?
Not such a crazy idea, Tolerant people to the right, Non-Tolerant people to the left.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5190/5-ti ... exit-modal

One guy went into a changeroom at a pool and started getting undressed claiming he has a right to be there while little girls were getting changed.

Someone is going to tell me this is normal.
No it is not.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Queen K wrote:http://www.dailywire.com/news/5190/5-times-transgender-men-abused-women-and-children-amanda-prestigiacomo#exit-modal

One guy went into a changeroom at a pool and started getting undressed claiming he has a right to be there while little girls were getting changed.

No it is not.

It's also not normal for a man to enter a changeroom at a pool in order to access young boys. But it's the same problem. Aren't we just as concerned about the boys?
What do little girls do if it's their dad bringing them to the pool? Or mothers with their boys? Does he have to stay outside? Maybe changerooms or shower rooms need cubicles?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Tip for Resumes

Make sure you include the words 'Diversity' and 'Inclusion' without what you really have done and you'll get the job everytime.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
Queen K wrote:http://www.dailywire.com/news/5190/5-times-transgender-men-abused-women-and-children-amanda-prestigiacomo#exit-modal

No it is not.

It's also not normal for a man to enter a changeroom at a pool in order to access young boys. But it's the same problem. Aren't we just as concerned about the boys?
What do little girls do if it's their dad bringing them to the pool? Or mothers with their boys? Does he have to stay outside? Maybe changerooms or shower rooms need cubicles?

I'm not saying that's not a problem, not at all.
But didn't pools get with it by providing family change rooms where strangers can't get in?
I thought that's what is happening.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Gender Identity.
Simple, Physically there are two; Male and Female.

Anything else is Psychosis or personal preference.

Neither of those changes ones gender, even operations don't change ones gender, just the parts.

Putting a Chevy emblem on a Ford, doesn't change it from being a Ford.

Hermaphrodites fall into a category all on their own,
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

No it is not.

With all due respect....

The article you quote as some sort of evidence of transgender male to female assaulting females in wash rooms sites five incidents.
1. In Seattle, a man wearing board shorts, took off his shirt (starting to undress) staff were called and he was told to leave. He appeared as a male and apparently was "testing" the law regarding his "right" to be in the change room.
NO INDICATION at all that this person was transgender.
2. A well known sexual predator "who falsely claimed to be transgender" preyed on woman at a Toronto shelter. He was 37 and had demonstrated his inability to control his sexual impulses since age 12 and had a length criminal record.
3. A Virginia man dressed as a woman spied on woman in bathroom stalls using a mirror.
NO INDICATION at all that this person was actually transgender.
4. A Los Angeles man "dressed in drag" entered a Macy's department store bathroom and vido taped women under bathroom stalls. "Charges were filed against Jason Pomare, 33, for allegedly disguising himself as a woman, sneaking in to the woman's restroom...."
5. Two male students were caught in Toronto exploiting "gender-neutral" facilities to peep on women.

It should be noted that neighboring news stories in the online publication "dailywire.com" talks about how climate change has nothing to do with human beings.

The site also advises that a recent poll shows the following support of NAFTA in the US by political affiliation -
Democrats : 67 %
Republicans : 22%
Independents : 53%

(If you're keeping score, that works out to 142%)

A man wears a wig and a dress to disguise himself and walks into a bank to robs it, do we ban all transsexual male to females from banks ?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What the heck does the neighbouring story have to do with what really happened in bathrooms?

Guilt by association?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Those stats were from a Gallup poll. They aren't supposed to add up to 100%
Gallup noted there is now a large partisan divide on the issue of NAFTA after previous polls showed essentially no gap in Republicans' and Democrats' views.

Just 22 percent of Republicans said NAFTA is good for the U.S. in the latest poll, down from 40 percent in 2004 and 46 percent in 2000.

Meanwhile, 67 percent of Democrats now say NAFTA has been good for the country, up from 39 percent in 2004 and 49 percent in 2000.

Support for NAFTA among independents has also climbed to 53 percent from 37 percent in 2004, making Republicans the only party group with which the deal does not have majority support.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Those stats were from a Gallup poll. They aren't supposed to add up to 100%
Gallup noted there is now a large partisan divide on the issue of NAFTA after previous polls showed essentially no gap in Republicans' and Democrats' views.

Just 22 percent of Republicans said NAFTA is good for the U.S. in the latest poll, down from 40 percent in 2004 and 46 percent in 2000.

Meanwhile, 67 percent of Democrats now say NAFTA has been good for the country, up from 39 percent in 2004 and 49 percent in 2000.

Support for NAFTA among independents has also climbed to 53 percent from 37 percent in 2004, making Republicans the only party group with which the deal does not have majority support.

Ya <meekly> just realized that. Thanks
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Queen K wrote:What the heck does the neighbouring story have to do with what really happened in bathrooms?

Guilt by association?

Good indication of the quality of the stories. It's not really a highly regarded news source.

If I thought for a second that the bathroom thing was an issue I'd be all over it. But really, it's homophobic nonsense.

Big difference between a man dressed (disguised or otherwise) as a woman, and a transsexual.

Return to “Social Concerns”