Always the same response from RCMP

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Always the same response from RCMP

Post by Fancy »

It's not the policemen's job to dictate what the media should do.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:
Jonrox wrote:Fancy, I'm saying it makes no sense for people to worry about being killed by random gang violence. The odds of somebody being killed by a stray bullet are so low that statistically it's basically zero. It's basic math, but it doesn't make for a good headline.

If someone is going to worry about something killing them, they should worry about stairs instead of a gangbanger.

That doesn't mean you don't take precautions to make your environment safer. With your attitude cars would never have got seat belts.

What precautions do you take to ensure that you aren't killed by a gang-banger? Please share your infinitesimal knowledge with the rest of us.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:Anyway, people are saying cops keep quiet about investigations because it can compromise the case. I understand that but I can pull up some cases where they have kept quiet forever and that raises questions. Where's is the transparency? We pay their wages and they ultimately answer to us!

Why don't you do that, and prove your case? Be sure and include the link to your sources.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:And what evidence do you have to prove him wrong? Knowing what I know I am far more inclined to agree with him than you.

Anyway, people are saying cops keep quiet about investigations because it can compromise the case. I understand that but I can pull up some cases where they have kept quiet forever and that raises questions. Where's is the transparency? We pay their wages and they ultimately answer to us!

Police investigations are not public property. Until you have been there you likely could not understand. Well ok, by your comment enough said.

I never heard of a Police force being transparent when it comes to a investigation. It is the Courts job to scrutinize the investigation, not the public's position to obstruct justice and interfere with any investigation.

I realize, some people have trouble understand this but it's like Eatons telling Simpsons their business.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

w84u2 wrote:
What precautions do you take to ensure that you aren't killed by a gang-banger? Please share your infinitesimal knowledge with the rest of us.

I'd assume he does what the other 99.9999915% do that let them live their lives without being killed by a gang-banger. Don't join a gang, don't sell drugs, don't deal in illegal weapon, don't live in a seedy area of Chicago or Detroit and generally avoid becoming targeted in a targeted, gang related attack.

It's kinda like avoiding being struck by lightening, but easier.
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

ps: I made up that stat ^^^^ But I bet it's within 0.1% of accurate.
On a different forum
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

On a side note - everytime a situation plays out and they refer to the person involved as the Victim, it just sounds "off" to me.

I have absolutly no idea what happened other than what ive read but the term "victim"sounds funny and somehow doesnt ring entirely accurate.

They were shot so in theory theyre referred to as the victim. To me, the person who was shot in the Eaton center scenario that Fancy referenced seems to fit the "victim" label.

Again, no idea what the story is but my gut tells me this person in this scenario comes out looking more like a "player" than a "victim".
Im aware its in bad taste to speculate but if i were to guess, id put my money on the fact that this person has a record/history with police.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Ken7 wrote:
gsc wrote:
That is a amazing assumption. People who believe this their credibility is lacking. IF you said one percent of Police should not be Police I would agree. That's is about the percentage of society that knowing is involved in Criminal activity. But your statement I red lined is very entertaining!

Thanks you made me laugh out loud good one!!

anonymouscoward777 wrote:And what evidence do you have to prove him wrong? Knowing what I know I am far more inclined to agree with him than you.

Anyway, people are saying cops keep quiet about investigations because it can compromise the case. I understand that but I can pull up some cases where they have kept quiet forever and that raises questions. Where's is the transparency? We pay their wages and they ultimately answer to us!

You're free to go through the appropriate process and file a FOI request and find out all you want to know. The police are not obligated to provide 24 hour updates on all details pertaining to any and all cases.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

A guy possibly has a knife and the RCMP shut down a entire part of the city, set up snipers and walk around with assault rifles. They say they can't be too careful. Then a car shows up at KGH full of bullet holes and a wounded person and it's no big deal.

In both cases nobody is ever happy with the police response. However when you write out the responses and compare them like I have it doesn't seem to make much sense so I can understand the frustration.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
anonymouscoward777

Post by anonymouscoward777 »

w84u2 wrote:
Why don't you do that, and prove your case? Be sure and include the link to your sources.

OK, here's a few to start you off.

Girl drowned in Lake Okanagan, photo of her boogie board was posted to Castanet, never heard a thing about it again. Then there was the guy in a boat who somehow drowned, nothing ever about it again. Within a week or so 2 adult males found dead on trails around Kelowna, cops said they both died of natural causes before an autopsy was done, never heard a thing about it again.

Then there is this "biggie". Guy who was bound and tortured then killed, girlfriend was left unharmed. Never a word about it again even though they have a witness.

That enough for you? [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by anonymouscoward777 on Mar 4th, 2017, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymouscoward777

Post by anonymouscoward777 »

WalterWhite wrote:
You're free to go through the appropriate process and file a FOI request and find out all you want to know. The police are not obligated to provide 24 hour updates on all details pertaining to any and all cases.

It seems they feel they are not obliged to show ID when requested either.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:It seems they feel they are not obliged to show ID when requested either.

How many times have you had interacting with the police to make that statement?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I never heard of a Police force being transparent when it comes to a investigation. It is the Courts job to scrutinize the investigation, not the public's position to obstruct justice and interfere with any investigation.

who pays a cops wages ? there should all ways be full transperancy on any case either ruled on or never goes to court .
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

anonymouscoward777 wrote:
w84u2 wrote:

OK, here's a few to start you off.

Girl drowned in Lake Okanagan, photo of her boogie board was posted to Castanet, never heard a thing about it again. Then there was the guy in a boat who somehow drowned, nothing ever about it again. Within a week or so 2 adult males found dead on trails around Kelowna, cops said they both died of natural causes before an autopsy was done, never heard a thing about it again.

Then there is this "biggie". Guy who was bound and tortured then killed, girlfriend was left unharmed. Never a word about it again even though they have a witness.

That enough for you? [icon_lol2.gif]

Where's your evidence to support your theory? So far, all we have is YOUR personal comment. Provide the link. The lack of evidence is not support for your assumptions.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

It is not always up to the police to decide to release any information. The coroner also has a say, if he judges that the death is by any other means, other than violence by another person, then the right to privacy of the surviving family members takes precedence and will not be published for the public.

In other words, it's none of your frickin' business, keep your nose out of it.

Return to “Social Concerns”