Tipping...what do you think?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Tipping...what do you think?

Post by mexi cali »

Oh come on.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LTD wrote:yes I agree with that when someone has bathed themselves in a fragrance I can literally taste it for hours

There is a difference between a server wearing a fragrance and bathing themselves in it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

really I'm not chitin ya it hangs in the back of my throat and can be very irritating there are plenty of places where youre not allowed fragrances due to that very reason some folks are sensitive to it
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Dizzy1 wrote:
LTD wrote:yes I agree with that when someone has bathed themselves in a fragrance I can literally taste it for hours

There is a difference between a server wearing a fragrance and bathing themselves in it.

yes and some people don't know when its to much and it becomes unpleasent
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Very simple solution all sit down restaurants should raise their prices by 20%, then divide that with the staff.
Then the tipping is off table also would remove automatic gratuity.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

GordonH wrote:Very simple solution all sit down restaurants should raise their prices by 20%, then divide that with the staff.

so forcing people to pay for chit service is your answer no thanks
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

:130:
Dizzy1 wrote:
What_the wrote:So far I'm thinking, those that have contributed so far have no idea what dealing with you people are lik,

Oh please, do tell me - what am I like when you are waiting on my table. Please, do tell.
What_the wrote:where "tipping" started or came from,

Who cares where it started from? All I care about is the here and now.
What_the wrote:why and how many of us are complete *bleep* holes.

Oh muffin, is dealing with the public so traumatizing to you? Do you need a safe spot? Here's a tissue for you.

Its the public, of course they're gonna be rough and tough on you. Blaming you for every little thing out of your control. Taking their bad mood out on you. Trust me, I get it - its tough - but here's the thing. You are working for and with the public, dealing with crappy people comes with the territory. If the table across the restaurant is giving you a hard time, don't take it out on me. If you can't handle the public, go work in a warehouse.

Dizzy, you crossed the line from some one I thought was reasonable to just another dip *bleep*.
If you didn't bother to notice my use of pro nouns and my own complicity.
It's all good. I won't bother trying to out do you. Can't be bothered. Been there, done that.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Only way employers are going to increase employees wages is to increase prices.

Added later: employers in service industry could not pay me enough to deal with many as :cuss: holes out there.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Try it. Be a server.see what you have to deal with.
I no longer serve, and when one walks into my business and displays this type of attitude I'll show you the door. Its all fine. I learned years ago that arrogance and condescension isn't worth whatever the wage is to put up with that *bleep*. Sorry.

Proved my point
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Very simple solution all sit down restaurants should raise their prices by 20%, then divide that with the staff.

As long as the make sure their staff make the effort to give you an enjoyable evening out. But if they still run around doing the absolute bare minimums - then its no solution at all.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And if air traffic control is being a bunch of dip *bleep* youre all good with that.
Hypocrisy.
Deal with it. You chose it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Deleted by poster
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Mar 16th, 2017, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Deleted by poster
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Mar 16th, 2017, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Dizzy1 wrote: Don't take it personally. :130:

I did, because of your condescensing quotation of my thoughts.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I love when people pretend to be Kings and Queens when granting lowly peasants extra $1.50 when paying for 2 large pizzas and an order of Coke on Friday night.

"- Here you go, fella. Don't spend it all in one place. You've provided adequate services and I reward you with my endless generosity by giving you my couch change. "

Return to “Social Concerns”