Why All Muslims Benefit from Terrorism

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Re: Why All Muslims Benefit from Terrorism

Post by motokelowna1 »

Religion what a shame. It is the belief of one person that is perpetuated onto others. The meek shall inherit the earth well that is the bugs as religion is the end of all. You either Rape , Kill and do atrocities under the name of God give me a break.
Atheism is the way, it is called being human ( of the nice kind).
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

motokelowna1 wrote:Religion what a shame. It is the belief of one person that is perpetuated onto others. The meek shall inherit the earth well that is the bugs as religion is the end of all. You either Rape , Kill and do atrocities under the name of God give me a break.

I agree that Religion is a sham, but Atheism is only the lack of belief in a god. It has nothing to do with being kind. You'll probably find just as much kindness from any atheist as any religious person. Make no mistake, the crappy things people do in the name of religion would likely have been done without the religion; it was probably used as a justification for something they wanted to do already.

As for being human. Well, we are all human my friend. All of us do horrible and kind stuff all the time. That is what it is to be human, imo.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I'm a believer, who thinks there have been far too many abuses to count, and it saddens me.

However, try a trip to Africa or South America if you feel that religion is a sham.

There are churches all over the planet local and international who feed millions (literally) everyday. And clothe, and house, and tend to the sick.

Many a terrible thing has church been complicit to, and many acts of charity and kindness as well.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

motokelowna1 wrote:Religion what a shame. It is the belief of one person that is perpetuated onto others. The meek shall inherit the earth well that is the bugs as religion is the end of all. You either Rape , Kill and do atrocities under the name of God give me a break.

yup :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

puterbrother wrote:And you know what else is interesting and insightful ? Mine is the first post and this video was posted April 05/17 !!!!
COWARDS !
By the way..I noticed,a while ago,that Superstore has a "halal" section. Peta,your silence is deafening !
This is a growing trend by large food companys such as Kraft and Loblaws .
Check out a utube video by Pat Condell called "boycott halal" for more info.
Wake up people !

OK, I'll bite.

My first real exposure to Islam and Muslims was with a two-month trip to the Middle East (Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey) in 2001, several months before 9/11. At that point, I had already dismissed my wife's view (based on growing up abroad alongside a large muslim minority) that muslim's were 'fanatics'. I assumed her view was tainted by unfortunate childhood memories and nothing more. And initially, I was delightfully surprised by the warm and welcoming attitude toward foreigners of the muslims we met in the ME. Then, while visiting the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, I had a discussion of the Arab-Israeli situation with an Arab security guard. He too, initially, displayed that generous attitude I'd already encountered, offering how the two sides had to come together and share the land. But as he seemed to think he gained my confidence, he confided that there really was no possible accommodation with the Jews (who apparently controlled Pres. George Bush), that Greater Palestine must be for the 'Palestinians', and the Jews had to be driven into the Sea (the Med, obviously). All told with a smiling face and the assumption that I concurred. It was a conversation that was to be repeated elsewhere a couple more times. And since then, I've heard others tell of similar conversations with Arabs who believe they are speaking with the converted. But at the time, it was a revelation to me and the beginning of my reassessment of Islam and those who follow it.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014

Return to “Social Concerns”