Should White Males be Banned From Voting?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Should White Males be Banned From Voting?

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:So you have a male speaker who makes a joke about white males committing suicide, and laughs, and the loudest laughs from the audience are obviously male, and you are blaming that on "modern feminism"?

Men can't be feminists?

Once again, blaming anti-male attitudes and behavior as demonstrated by a male, on feminists, does not make feminists responsible.

I'm illustrating how easily this type of language is accepted in todays man-hating society. Modern feminism is responsible for this social attitude in many ways, which you have read about in our discussions on the feminist thread. It's also popular public language for woman to lament about "gutting their ex husbands and take them for all they have", the aforementioned "male tears" coffee cups and a wide variety of other things that are somehow acceptable to say in public. Like when Obama said "There isn't a job that a man can do - that a woman can't do better!". Let's hear Justin Trudeau say than about men next election.

Trashing men is fashionable and all I did was give another example of it. The roots of this can be placed at modern feminisms feet, but that is a discussion for another thread. For the record I also posted the author's name and occupation earlier in the thread - a feminist.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Trashing the opposite gendre, or a different race is not restricted to females, or to a particular race. Look who's calling the kettle black? Never trashed the opposite gendre yourself?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Never trashed the opposite gendre yourself?

Nope, only feminism.

If people want to read what "trashing a gender" looks like, just hit up any modern feminist blog.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Which of the following statements would be accepted, assist in brainwashing people, have support, Would'nt start a riot, and applauded by millions...

1) "There isn't a job that a black person can do - that a white person can't do better!"
2)"There isn't a job that a women can do - that a man cant do better!
3)"There isn't a job that an old person can do - that a young person cant do better!
4)"There isn't a job that a catholic can do - that a Muslim cant do better!
or
5) There isn't a job a man can do - that a women cant do better!

Gee, and we can't accept there's a problem.....
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 17th, 2017, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Get back on topic and don't make it personal please! Thank you.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
okanagankitchen

Post by okanagankitchen »

JennParker wrote:
okanagankitchen wrote:I love this story... it helps (at least in my own mind) to prove a point I made to a co-worker of mine a few months ago (oh and my comments will $%#* off a lot of people, which I also welcome. At least it means you read my post)...

As a middle aged white male who owns a medium sized business, it is my opinion that I am a part of a group of the population that is the most underprivileged demographic in Canadian society. I clarified this by stating and challenging that my demographic :

- Has the least amount of advantages of any other class/race/age group/colour/etc/etc than any other group in our society. I challenged her to find one area of advantage given to my population group that is only given to my population group. I challenge you, the reader, to define one advantage given to my demographic.

- Have encountered specific opportunities available to other groups (see above comment for clarification of these groups) that I, as a free citizen, am NOT allowed to take advantage of. In our current society that promotes and apparently loves equality and equal access, I do NOT have access to numerous programs and facilities. There are many examples, so here are but a few.. womens only clubs, tax benefits limited to specific races, funding programs and grants only available to people of specific colour, race and ger (of which I do not qualify).
I challenge you, the reader to find a program available to me, a middle aged white male that is only available to me. Please, find one, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to sign up!

- Will always be seen as the MOST privileged. I seriously do not understand this stereotype. I have worked very hard for everything I have. I have never been handed anything by family, society or government. I am not "lucky" to have what I have, I earned it through sweat, risk and perseverance. I pay 100% of the taxes I owe. I do not lie, cheat or steal. I run an ethical business. So what makes me, or anyone in my demographic privileged? Please enlighten me.

I am so anxiously awaiting your responses, oh faithful readers...

I challenge you to post this to another forum where the reader base is mostly people who you claim get all these privileges... based on age, sex, race, religion and whatever else you threw out there. The beautiful thing about having privileges is you don't recognize them until they are stripped from you. Ask the black man walking down the street in Edmonton about his privileges. I bet when that charming white, male, who was middle aged, started throwing out the racial slurs... he felt really privileged. As a middle aged white male you get to walk around with a certain immunity that you will never realize you have until it is taken from you.

Thank you for your interesting response. I added my post to this forum as the material was a good fit to the conversation. My requests were simple, please advise me of a single privilege that someone in my demographic solely enjoys, and if you feel my the "claims" I make about privileges that I am not allowed to take part of is false, go ahead and prove your point. Can I apply for any funding or grants for my program that are reserved for women, first nations people, refugees, etc? The answer is quite simple, no I cannot. Can anyone, anyone at all, show me a program or privilege that is limited to people of my race, skin colour or gender?
I have walked in many neighbourhoods and been verbally abused, either by people of different colour or age. And guess what, it did not make the news. Why, do you ask? Because there is a broken impression that I am a privileged white guy. Your response to my posts does not help to improve equality, it undermines it by placing blame for the wrongs of the world at my feet. I guarantee you that I was not in Edmonton on that day, that I have not been responsible in any way for ANY of the inequalities that have occurred in this country or any other country. So why, praytell, is it my responsibility to pay for these inequalities? Because I am a middle aged white man?

Seems like a fair and responsible idea.

Oh, and by all means, repost this to any other forum you want to. I have no reason to be ashamed of my post. I wrote it with the best of intentions, fairness and equality to ALL.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

okanagankitchen wrote:
Thank you for your interesting response. I added my post to this forum as the material was a good fit to the conversation. My requests were simple, please advise me of a single privilege that someone in my demographic solely enjoys,

I am in your demographic (I assume) and I think the problem for us, lies in the fact that we really don't know the struggle every day. Granted, I am highly annoyed at how it's alright to pick on white men and how we are the only race/sex that gets a free pass on nothing...

But one of my black friends told me this, which makes me a bit more tolerant to the fact that I've got a sort of target on my back. I'm paraphrasing here but, he said this:

"When you hang out with other white people, does anyone ever randomly bring up you guys being white for no reason? Because when I hang out with white guys, literally almost every day someone makes a joke about my color. Black guys steal, black guys love chicken and watermelon, I like rap music, etc... EVERY DAY. I don't care because they are my friends, but it'd be nice to go through a day of my life without someone pointing out the fact that I'm black. I am well aware. When I walk out of the house, I sense that I am black because of the way people look at me or talk to me. You don't get that as white guy, unless you happen to wander into a neighborhood where everyone else is colored. Go walk into a Syrian, Somalian or Chinese neighborhood and see how you feel. That's how we feel every day."

I get that.

I can also see how SOME women would feel that way, depending on their work situation and whatnot. If they're always around a lot of men, I can see how they become "different."
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

fvkasm2x wrote: but, he said this:

"When you hang out with other white people, does anyone ever randomly bring up you guys being white for no reason? Because when I hang out with white guys, literally almost every day someone makes a joke about my color.

They must like you if they're bustin yer nut.

If they didn't they' would be overly polite.

Get in a scrape, they'll be the first to have your back !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

How about this one....

*bleep*? Feminist Says Outdoor Recreation Is RACIST, MISOGYNIST And An Example Of ‘White Privilege’ — Is She High?

So, outdoor recreation is a ‘White Privilege’ now? What’s next, breathing?

In a truly bizarre article in Everyday Feminism, Emily Zak claims that Outdoor Recreation isn’t available to everyone. She goes so far as to say that enjoying the outdoors can be elitist, ableist, racist, misogynist, fatphobic, and a ‘white privilege’.

http://clashdaily.com/2017/04/wtf-femin ... lege-high/

The original article...

Outdoor Recreation Isn’t Free – Why We Need to Stop Pretending It Is

http://everydayfeminism.com/2017/04/out ... isnt-free/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That is nuts.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

It appears that every victim out there blames the white male for their victim hood. I guess if you want to continue being a victim of something or someone, right now the white male is the preferred choice to blame for it.
egads though, now your a victim of the outdoors?
Bears assault and kill more white men than any other race, sex put together. I guess we are victims too...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

If SWMs are about to go extinct, then no one needs to concern themselves about banning them from voting because they will just be a visible minority. The brown and black guys and girls will running the country.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Silverstarqueen wrote:If SWMs are about to go extinct, then no one needs to concern themselves about banning them from voting because they will just be a visible minority. The brown and black guys and girls will running the country.

Here are 3 less white voters.....

Hates white people, kills 3

A man shot and killed three people on the streets of downtown Fresno on Tuesday, shouting "God is great" in Arabic during at least one of the slayings and later telling police that he hates white people, authorities said.

Kori Ali Muhammad, 39, was arrested shortly after the rampage, whose victims were all white, police said. He also was wanted in connection with another killing days earlier, in which a security guard was gunned down at a Fresno motel after responding to a disturbance.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#194777
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “Social Concerns”