Marijuana eutopia

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
What_the
Übergod

Re: Marijuana eutopia

Post by What_the »

I get the feeling some may think that once passed and is legislation, there will never be changes. I tend to think it will be a starting point but will be amended as time and necessity dictate.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Some government items/plans go very smoothly, which is good for everyone.
Others become huge cluster fu :cuss: i.e gun registry, along with being monster money pit.

Hopefully this does not follow in footsteps of that one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Agreed^^
Overall and in the generational long run this is a good thing.
The minutia can be addressed as we go since this is such a complex endeavor and there is just no way to please everyone. Good for the many sort of thing
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I think the legislation will specify to be grown in somewhat secure place or people will be concerned that minors will be raiding outdoor gardens. I can't see the problem indoors for half dozen or whatever plants, since people grow other largish plants indoors without a problem.
I can see landlords want to know what the deal is, but it's like any other potential damage that renters could do. They could throw spaghetti sauce on the walls, making a mess of growing pot would be no different.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

JLives wrote:You're assuming they are setting up a grow room. When the legislation passes people can put marijuana plants in their gardens. Grow rooms are already legal for any other plants though. Why should it matter what's under the lights? And how could they go nuts with 4 plants? Medical marijuana is already legal and has been since 2001. Why do you want this new legislation gone?

Nail on the head.

People make me laugh. Suddenly everyday scenarios become a problem with marijuana.

What's keeping tenants from growing pot in a rental? The same thing keeping them from growing cucumbers that's what! Or tobacco for that matter. Get the price low enough and nobody would bother. People can make their own alcohol - few do.

Most of the problems caused by marijuana are because it's illegal - not because it's marijuana.

Return to “Social Concerns”