Homeless Drug Addict vs Homeless Father

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Homeless Drug Addict vs Homeless Father

Post by Barney Google »

Thought I would share and hear your views...

https://www.facebook.com/TheShreddedFit ... 371864182/

Who would you offer support to?

Why do you suppose so many people looked at the 'father and daughter' and just walked by?

What does this say to you about today's society?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Re: Homeless Drug Addict vs Homeless Father

Post by liisgo »

Media, society and the people have established the drug user as the victim more than the homeless father is seen as a victim.

And yep, pretty sad..
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Homeless Drug Addict vs Homeless Father

Post by youjustcomplain »

I find this to be unbelievable. Which is to say, I don't think this should actually be believed.

In the video we see very short snipits of people giving a guy money to buy weed and booze. Sure, I saw maybe 6 people do it.
How long was the guy there? 15 minutes? 8 hours? He had ~6 small donations.

Then we see people showing apathy towards him when he has his daughter. This goes on for about a minute.
How long was he there with that sign? Was the homeless woman the only one who donated?

Sorry, maybe I'm just cynical, but I think this video is meant only to distort the reality of what likely happened.

I wouldn't give a cent to someone looking for money for weed and booze. I could see myself giving something to a guy with his daughter on the street. That said, money isn't likely what I'd give since I don't carry cash.

Return to “Social Concerns”