Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

Post by Glacier »

It's finally happened: the Social Justice Left has openly called objective "truth" a racist "myth" steeped in "white supremacy."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15504/col ... stigiacomo
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
f/22
Board Meister

Re: Objective 'Truth' Is A Racist 'Myth'

Post by f/22 »

Glacier wrote:It's finally happened: the Social Justice Left has openly called objective "truth" a racist "myth" steeped in "white supremacy."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15504/col ... stigiacomo

The 'Social Justice Left.'

28 students.

The Pomona College President’s email

http://claremontindependent.com/wp-cont ... yEmail.png

The “. . . few of the Black students here at Pomona College and the Claremont Colleges,” response letter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_y6 ... z10wk/edit
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Bill O’Reilly :laugh: interviews Heather Mac Donald about the student protest at Claremont McKenna.

And in the interests of free speech (and the Enlightenment's ‘objective of truth not myth’).

Here’s Mac Donald’s (same planned) presentation at Hillsdale College

And her book, The War on Cops, at the ORL.

http://orl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/ ... ar_on_cops
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 21st, 2017, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The fact that so many college students these days are rioting and protesting to shut down events or speakers that they don't agree with, tells me all I need to know about college students these days.

It's no longer a place a higher learning or a place where people can talk about ideas, viewpoints or concepts (right or wrong). There is no free thinking. It's "Think what we think, or you are wrong." Which is amusing, because that isn't independent thought or free speech at all
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Apr 22nd, 2017, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

fvkasm2x wrote:The fact that so many college students these days are rioting and protesting to shut down events or speakers that they don't agree with, tells me all I need to know about college students these days.

It's not longer a place a higher learning or a place where people can talk about ideas, viewpoints or concepts (right or wrong). There is no free thinking. It's "Think what we think, or you are wrong." Which is amusing, because that isn't independent thought or free speech at all

Actually, through the president’s email and the students’ letter posted earlier, it tells me more about the college that these class of ‘17 to ‘20s are attending.

Although the students' letter shows some knowledge of Aristotle's mode of persuasion, this whole situation demonstrates a lack of preparation towards the college's 'mode of learning' by inviting 'political' speakers as a 'teaching tool' into their young lives, (Mac Donald herself points out how her subject is political, in her presentation, above).

The president admits his failure and the students, inadvertently, go on to demonstrate it for him.

Then the media goes on to fail these youngsters too.

Hence the 'tell and sell' opening statement in this thread's OP.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Yeah, Gavin McInnis knows what I’m talking about—professors as teachers and speaking engagement moderators . . ..

Video
McInnis,

And then this bleep, Mark Wais, he’s like the VP of student affairs or something . . . (says) everyone you should try to calm down and then maybe we’ll let him talk, and you should just sit down . . . and I noticed he wasn’t ejecting people who were doing this, who were sabotaging it . . .. I thought wait a minute, not only are you one of them, you’re one of these professors, one of these academics who made them this way. You’re one of these Marxist People who made this mess in the first place. . . . Eventually I just said to the bald guy (Wais) ahh, you’re a bleepin’ fraud, you’re a liberal bleep and you ruined this talk you idiot . . . (offensive language, so watch at your own risk, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5whQyipm8U).

Somewhat tamer article: http://www.nyunews.com/2017/02/02/2-2-news-gavin/
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

And then there’s this professor who doesn’t seem to realize it’s her job to prepare these students to protect themselves—‘from hate influence and to face 'them' on their own.’ To teach them critical reasoning as a way to 'learn and reason for themselves about humanity, human rights, racism, and xenophobia and LGBTQ rights.'

[Woman (professor) wearing large framed glasses and heavy coat, standing in the crowd outside of NYU where McInnes was going to 'lecture.'

Yelling at the NYPD.]

. . . Why are you here? You’re NOT here to protect these STUDENTS from NAZIS, NO YOU’RE NOT! This is completely BLEEPED UP! And these students have to BLEEPING FACE THEM on their OWN! You should be ASHAMED of yourselves! YOU should be STANDING UP to those NAZIS! You should be protecting these STUDENTS from HATE! This is HATE!

[Indicates McInnes' Proud Boys.]

These are BLEEPING BLEEPHOLES!

[Back to the police.]

And this is a joke! You’re protecting the Nazis. It’s a BLEEPING joke!

[Indicates the Proud Boys again.]

You are a JOKE! You’re PROUD BOYS! You’re PROUD BOYS! They (unintelligible)!
[To (somebody) else.]

And you’re a Proud Boy too, you MOTHER BLEEPER!

[Turning and foaming.]

YOU’RE NOT PROTECTING the NYU STUDENTS here! It’s DISCUSTING!

[Points to herself and bounces on her toes.]

I’M A PROFESSOR! HOW DARE YOU!

[Turning and pointing.]

HOW DARE YOU, YOU BLEEPING BLEEPHOLES! Protect the NEO-NAZIS! BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU! These are KIDS who are trying to LEARN about HUMANITY! They’re tryin’ to learn about HUMAN RIGHTS and against RACISM and XENOPHOBIA and LGBTQ rights.

[Losing her voice.
Turning and pointing.]

And you’re letting these bleeping Neo-Nazis near here.

[To the police.]

You should kick their BLEEP. You SHOULD! You should be ashamed of yourself! You should!

BLEEP that BLEEP!

BLEEP that BLEEP!

[Turns to the students.]

It’s not up to these STUDENTS to kick the BLEEP of a Neo-Nazi.

[Back to the police.]

They don’t have to raise their fists.

[Raising her fist.]

They were taught to be PEACEFULL!

[To the police.
Now sounding better than any heavy-metal rocker I’ve ever heard.]

BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU!

[Someone in the audience speaks.]

Coming from a professor.

[Back to the professor.]

I’M A PROFESSOR!

[Someone else speaks.]

She’s a professor. Hey guys she’s a professor!

[The professor.]

This is AMERICA! You’re here to protect NEO-NAZIS! So BLEEP YOU! GOD BLEEPING BLEEP IT!

[Turning and pumping her fist.]

Those kids should not have to take this stuff to Neo-Nazis.

[Back to the police.]

And you’re putting them in this situation.

GO TO BLEEP!

BLEEP YOU, NYPD.

[Cheers from the crowd.

The professor frumps off.]

(for reference, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJa_s_2QX_c)

Return to “Social Concerns”