So, you're leaving Kelowna for greener pastures

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
f/22
Board Meister

Re: So, you're leaving Kelowna for greener pastures

Post by f/22 »

Naughty’s barred us Alberta NDPers from helping out with you BC NDPers but we ken give you what-for on environmental issues

You know Kinder Mordor told a big lie at the meeting in in Jasper, right? I rote a couple of threads about that here somewhere.

So, I want the BC NDP to get in because Hoarhairbegon wants us to send you our products refined, rather than piping our dillllbittt on through the Oknagan to mess up your hippy-straight and Atlantic Ocean, so when I get home to Drayton maybe I can get a job helping to build a refinery or famin’ kanola, there. Why don’t you guyes plant some olive or coconut or peanut trees here so you can have oil too? Then I might stay.

Oh, here's the KM threads.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=71896&p=2159162&hilit=Kinder+Morgan#p2158500

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72224&p=2168252&hilit=Kinder+Morgan#p2167658

Funny the CBC didn't cover that.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Queen K wrote:.... greener pasteurs.....

How continental of you.
You and 71 others Like this post
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Heh, heh, the virus is spreding.

So, you BC NDP insiders. Have you accessed my links and got the big hint yet? Yes! At the Jasper meeting KM also tried to alt-fact the second largest spill in Trans Mountain history, which occurred right outside Jasper in Mount Robson Provincial Park.

And you BCians also have a section they're trying to bring out of mothballs just north of Kamloops.

Has the cover-up on this story been so good that Horgon hasn't been able to use it as ammo?

KM's practically wallpapered the Jasper Fitzhugh with Trans Mountain funded repair adds since it broke there. Quite the boom for the paper, that.

Oops. I'd better be careful, those eastern National Park gates into Pinkie's Alberta zone look pretty ominous. Good thing I got BC plates on my Super hawk, eh? I guess I'd better move fast though.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

f/22 wrote: through the Oknagan to mess up your hippy-straight and Atlantic Ocean,

Umm you are aware the the Ocean out here is the Pacific right?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Aaaa, what do I need to know about oceans in Alberta. But I used to read the Hippy Straght underground newspaper way back 'cause it was cool. A guy sent 'em to me from Vanhoover. An I 'bin tryin' to see if their's an online version but I guess they went out of business.
Last edited by f/22 on May 3rd, 2017, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Oh no..no more Georgia Strait ? *bleep* is the world coming too.?
I ride a newer bike than yours.. A 74 .... Dont lke stuff after the eighties and no kickers..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Ohhhh, sorry, not 'Hippy Straight': Georgia Strait . . ..

http://www.straight.com/

:biggrin:
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Queen K,

Thanks for your question. Yes, I’m really leaving Kelowna for AB. I’ve lived, worked, and traveled all over that Province but haven’t made up my mind yet where I’ll resettle.

I’ve given some of my reasons for leaving Kelowna in this post,

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72449&start=15#p2176746

this post,

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=72389&p=2173935#p2174007

and on this short thread that ended up here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=72242

I love books, too, but I don’t think I could ever be brave enough to open a bookstore as a business. I admire you for that.

As to the facebook photo sites you mentioned.

I’ve always been a freelance photographer as a fallback. It’s been good to me when I needed it, and I’ve had my work paid-published all over the world.

I’ve landed some good jobs in industrial, medical, and special effects.

I’ve also contributed scenic, wildlife, and portrait photos to many collections.

I do volunteer in all regards, but it’s an expensive endeavour, and in cases on the professional end, before anything hits facebook, I like to get paid.

I’ve been ripped off before: back in the pre-digital day. For example, a friend once reported that my work on a Park’s project had, unbeknownst to me and my client, shown up on restaurant placemats in Italy.

Also, I may be going dark here soon, but I will get back from where I’ve settled to post about the full experience I had in Kelowna . It hasn’t been pretty—yes, In my opinion: “She ain’t pretty, she just looks that way,” (Bryan Potvin, The Northern Pikes).

:heart: to you.

And, as well as your :heart: to LANDM, my :heart: to him too.

Um, so L no U, would you please . . ..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72449&start=105#p2178406

Ah, nah, I don’t expect so . . ..
Last edited by f/22 on May 3rd, 2017, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

You're nothing without Kelowna. :130:
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Hey, forum, I :heart: you, too.

<snip>

<snip>

Note to self,
Read PMs first.
Got it,
Thanks.

:heart: is still on.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

OK. With regard to the last 25 or so posts by the terrible trio; what?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

I :heart: you Mexi.

I lucked out and got a bottle of gin that I just learned was recalled.

Kelowna just feels so warm and good right now.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

mexi cali wrote:OK. With regard to the last 25 or so posts by the terrible trio; what?

Am I part of the terrible trio?

F/22 is stealing my :heart: I swear.

And f/22, I also know what it means to have a photo stolen. There's a woman in town who took a photo of mine and used Coral Paint program on it to alter it to just beyond recognition unless I put my original photo up next to it. Needless to say she blocked me after being called out. So I know my :heart: , I know the pain :cry: Did you ever deal with that placemat maker?

When are we leaving for greener pasteurs? LANDM is heartbroken but one must move on.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jsytnick
Board Meister

Post by jsytnick »

f/22 wrote:Queen K,

Thanks for your question. Yes, I’m really leaving Kelowna for AB. I’ve lived, worked, and traveled all over that Province but haven’t made up my mind yet where I’ll resettle.

I’ve given some of my reasons for leaving Kelowna in this post,

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72449&start=15#p2176746

this post,

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=72389&p=2173935#p2174007

and on this short thread that ended up here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=72242

I love books, too, but I don’t think I could ever be brave enough to open a bookstore as a business. I admire you for that.

As to the facebook photo sites you mentioned.

I’ve always been a freelance photographer as a fallback. It’s been good to me when I needed it, and I’ve had my work paid-published all over the world.

I’ve landed some good jobs in industrial, medical, and special effects.

I’ve also contributed scenic, wildlife, and portrait photos to many collections.

I do volunteer in all regards, but it’s an expensive endeavour, and in cases on the professional end, before anything hits facebook, I like to get paid.

I’ve been ripped off before: back in the pre-digital day. For example, a friend once reported that my work on a Park’s project had, unbeknownst to me and my client, shown up on restaurant placemats in Italy.

Also, I may be going dark here soon, but I will get back from where I’ve settled to post about the full experience I had in Kelowna . It hasn’t been pretty—yes, In my opinion: “She ain’t pretty, she just looks that way,” (Bryan Potvin, The Northern Pikes).

:heart: to you.

And, as well as your :heart: to LANDM, my :heart: to him too.

Um, so L no U, would you please . . ..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72449&start=105#p2178406

Ah, nah, I don’t expect so . . ..

Make sure to tell everyone in AB how *bleep* Kelowna is. Maybe then they'll stop coming here looking for utopia only to find a high cost of living created by the patch and continued by Vancouver's exodus.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Queen K wrote:
Am I part of the terrible trio?

F/22 is stealing my :heart: I swear.

And f/22, I also know what it means to have a photo stolen. There's a woman in town who took a photo of mine and used Coral Paint program on it to alter it to just beyond recognition unless I put my original photo up next to it. Needless to say she blocked me after being called out. So I know my :heart: , I know the pain :cry: Did you ever deal with that placemat maker?

When are we leaving for greener pasteurs? LANDM is heartbroken but one must move on.

Louis Pasteur would be green with envy. Yes, I'm merely heartbroken.

I have no idea if I'm a terrible trio member......I think it's just the continuation of the bullying. :kick: :cry:
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Social Concerns”