Your most and least favourite OK police forces?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Hermes
Fledgling

Your most and least favourite OK police forces?

Post by Hermes »

RCMP versus local police force versus Sheriffs?

Any particularly good or bad players among the 'boys in blue' in OK towns and cities?

This question is not about the level or types of crime (drugs/violence/domestic...), but just which Police Chiefs and police forces have the best reputation in the Okanagan for being fair-minded, realistic and ideally have patrolmen on foot for good community relations, rather than in cars.

The way I see it, too much police presence is as bad as not enough.

Where is Mayberry in the Okanagan?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Your most and least favourite OK police forces?

Post by GordonH »

In the Okanagan Valley there is only the RCMP, sheriff's are only within court system.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

:135:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Kelowna NEEDS their own.
RCMP have become nothing more than organized crime here.
They no longer serve their purpose.
In any other field of employ (except nursing and teaching), they would all be fired for incompetence.

Least favorite Police Force:

RCMP hands down...er...hands up? :200:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hardly organized crime but if the City of Kelowna went with a city force, RCMP members would be accepted.
I posted a link that shows all the police forces in BC
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Graham Adder wrote:Kelowna NEEDS their own.
RCMP have become nothing more than organized crime here.
They no longer serve their purpose.
In any other field of employ (except nursing and teaching), they would all be fired for incompetence.

Least favorite Police Force:

RCMP hands down...er...hands up? :200:

Okay, at least the City would have to build police station just use the Doyle location.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hermes wrote:Where is Mayberry in the Okanagan?
Smaller communities will be more dependant on a larger centre but there is a good chance of getting to know them on a personal level through all kinds of activities.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

What_the####?!?
E division is the largest in Canada and I'd rather be cuffed by them than a C student municipal any day. At least there's national pride there haha.

Seriously though, we don't have municipal or city police here.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Fancy wrote:
Hermes wrote:Where is Mayberry in the Okanagan?
Smaller communities will be more dependant on a larger centre but there is a good chance of getting to know them on a personal level through all kinds of activities.

I can say with out reservation or doubt, that is everything.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Fancy wrote:Hardly organized crime but if the City of Kelowna went with a city force, RCMP members would be accepted.
I posted a link that shows all the police forces in BC

They're more organized than you think.
:D
As for the crime element, how much of their "brotherhood" needs to be exposed before we label it appropriately?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

RCMP through out the Okanagan. I have dealt with them on many occasions in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC. Never had a single problem with them but then again I have never given them a reason to be a problem. I've known them in large and small communities and always found them good. Worked with them in flood and forest fire situations and found them excellent.
I do like the fact that they move around and never get really attached to a community, it gives them a personal distance which I believe is good. I do not believe you will find any of the Okanagan over policed just due to the shortage of police. Don't give them reason and you will not have a problem wherever you go. I'm sure you have found that in all your travels.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The only people who have a problem with RCMP are criminals.

And their criticism is not important.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I'm over the half century mark, with no criminal record.
I do not steal. I live an honest life of truth. I help others when in need.
I drive more responsible than 99% of others that I share the road with.
I keep a close eye on my neighborhood as well as my fellow man or woman whenever I am out and about.
I log over 60,000 kms/year and haven't had a speeding ticket or violation of any kind in...can't remember last one.
When I see cell phone drivers, I call them in.
When I see suspicious activity or abandoned packages, backpacks or other items of question, I call them in.

Recently, I have been the victim of three separate incidents where the RCMP were called.
In all 3 cases, many descriptors were given including license plates, vehicle descriptions as well as photos of the perpetrators.
Not ONE of those cases was closed by the RCMP.
Not one of those cases fetched any return of items stolen or an apprehension of the culprit.

I went out and recovered my own stolen items...my own way.
I was asked by the attending officer when I found my stolen vehicle abandoned, "How did you ever find this?"
I looked that officer in the eye and said, "I treated it like my job."
That statement was met with a long moment of silence followed by a chuckle.
I then said, "You'll notice I'm not laughing. I mean it. I treated it like my job."
The chuckle was cut short. So was my interaction with that cop.

I grew up as a Native kid in a white snob-town. I was picked from the crowd "so to speak", since my childhood. Not because I am a criminal. Not because my family has a history with law enforcement. I have a history that unless you live as a visible minority, you have no clue about. My past is riddled with false accusations and me having to live my life 2x, maybe 3x (who knows) more watchful than any of the kids I grew up with. That's 100% truth.

Now, I'd have to say that any half witted buffoon that thinks that the ONLY people that can have a bad thing to speak about cops is a criminal, is not just the half witted buffoon, but they are also about as socially delayed as they come. This is 2017. There is no sound reason for walking through this life as uneducated and stupid as some choose to do. No excuse except that delay issue.

I'd like to add in case this post gets chopped, that my offensive name calling (half witted buffoon) is no more targeted at an individual than the post I refer to, nor is the name calling any less just or any more offensive.

If people on my lawn can be called criminals, then the folks I share my grass with, can speak of the half witted buffoonery under the same "justification". My grass is always greener.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Even Steven wrote:The only people who have a problem with RCMP are criminals.

And their criticism is not
important.

You are full of *bleep*.

I take exception at the indirect assertion that I'm somehow a criminal because my opinion differs from yours.

Return to “Social Concerns”