Why we have a bad opinion of India

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Why we have a bad opinion of India

Post by Thinktank »

Same reason we hate Muslims right now. We're being brainwashed by our media.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Why we have a bad opinion of India

Post by LANDM »

We don't.
You and 71 others Like this post
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Our media does - so that means we do.

Search India news on google news:

India: Men gang-rape woman, smash skull with bricks
Aljazeera.com-14 hours ago
An Indian woman was gang-raped and then brutally murdered by men who smashed her skull with bricks after she had threatened to inform ...
India gang rape: Two attacks near Delhi shock India
BBC News-14 hours ago
India 10-year-old child rape victim in abortion plea
BBC News-11 hours ago
A brutal gang rape shocks India just days after violent Delhi rapists ...
Quartz-5 hours ago
The Gang Rape and Murder of a Woman Renews Outrage in India
Newsweek-13 hours ago
Rohtak's Nirbhaya: Girl gangraped, brutalised, murdered and body ...

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:Our media does - so that means we do.

An Indian woman was gang-raped and then brutally murdered by men who smashed her skull with bricks after she had threatened to inform ...
BBC News-14 hours ago
BBC News-11 hours ago
Quartz-5 hours ago
Newsweek-13 hours ago

So you are suggesting these didn't happen?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

This video is a case of somebody seeing malice or conspiracy where it is simply just ignorance. The fact is that our views on the World are generally very slow to adapt to the reality, and bad news stories are always given preference. Many people still see Africa as a starving continent, which it is not. Ireland was often portrayed inaccurately as a terror-torn island, which while having some semblance of truth, is a huge misrepresentation and attitudes took far longer to change outside of Ireland than the changing political climate in Ireland. In recent years, people could be forgiven for thinking that Germany and France aren't particularly safe, though they're actually similarly safe to Canada. There is no conspiracy, just simple ignorance.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Thinktank wrote:Our media does - so that means we do.

BBC News-14 hours ago
BBC News-11 hours ago
Quartz-5 hours ago
Newsweek-13 hours ago

So you are suggesting these didn't happen?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that these didn't happen, but one has to be aware that India is a huge country in terms of population, so attacks, rapes, etc. would be more frequent there than in Canada, if just because of the population size disparity and when news stories only report one particular aspect of a country, they shape how people view that country. It's as if someone was asked to describe your life and they listed all of your faults and failures, and none of your successes.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Dizzy1 wrote:So you are suggesting these didn't happen?

The international media, the same international media that has us all brainwashed into thinking
Muslims throw acid on women, or Afganistan Muslims won't allow girls to go to school - remember that? (so we can bomb
the hell outa them) can take one bad thing in India, and plaster it all over our simpleton television/newspapers - over
and over and over - until, as we see right on this forum, a hundred and fifty pages of "Whose Islam" Muslim hatred
in a valley where none of us have ever come into contact with an actual Muslim.

By repeating some stories over and over, and ignoring other stories, the media has made us all into ignorant simpletons.
That's what they're doing with the "rape" stories on India. That's what they're doing with the "acid throwing" stories on Muslim countries.

And when we're all ready to pay the $trillion dollar bill for the next war, we'll do it gladly,
'because those brown people in that foreign country are bad. They're subhuman.'

OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

It would be interesting to know whether sensational stories occurring in Canada regarding Vancouver's gang murders, the epidemic of drug deaths, murder/suicides, etc, make the mainstream news in New Delhi and other large Indian cities.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Their news does not make it here in the mainstream news media. The OP searched India News in google. Go anywhere in the world and search Canada News and you will find nasty stuff too.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote:Same reason we hate Muslims right now. We're being brainwashed by our media.

I won't watch your stupid video link. Some of us prefer to not allow others, including media, to tell us how to think.

I don't hate Muslims. Never have. Never met a Muslim I didn't like. I don't think anything negative of India. I've never been to India. I couldn't possibly make any sort of informed decision about the place. Relatives recently vacationed there and they told me it was beautiful and the best trip they've ever taken.

Your thread seems to want to blame the media for your thoughts on India and Muslims. Who drives the media though? I think you can look inward for that one. They report what people want to hear. If we only wanted feel good stories and didn't read or talk about the negative stories, we wouldn't have many, if any, negative stories in the media. So, 911 happens, people panic and, unintentionally, we tell the media what we want to hear about. They tell us what we want and we feel informed. Guess what, we're not informed by telling the media what we want and the media giving it to us. It comes at a cost; ignorance.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

What about countries where men hack their Moms head of and carry it to a store and attack the clerk ?
Or where someone on a cross country national Bus line, decides to hack a fellow passengers head off? For whatever reason..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Bang on youjustcomplain.

thinktank is trying to make a point about media distorting or sensationalizing stories and yet, this is exactly what he does him/herself.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Wow. Looks like I was fooled again by our media. (about the caste system)

See how easy it is to know absolutely nothing about another religion, but still hate that other religion?
That's me - I hated the Hindu religion. Not that I'm crazy about it now, but I can see we are all a bunch
of ignorant people, who like hating stuff (and people) we know nothing about.

Being prejudiced is fun. I admit it is fun. Do you?

discuss

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Just in case anyone is interested in more objective data (planning your next vacation?):
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ion-people
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
Wow. Looks like I was fooled again by our media. (about the caste system)

See how easy it is to know absolutely nothing about another religion, but still hate that other religion?
That's me - I hated the Hindu religion. Not that I'm crazy about it now, but I can see we are all a bunch
of ignorant people, who like hating stuff (and people) we know nothing about.

Being prejudiced is fun. I admit it is fun. Do you?

discuss

Why do you use the "royal we" when making your incorrect pronouncements?
Why not just say "I can see *I* am an ignorant person who likes hating stuff and people *I* know nothing about"?

Discuss.

Return to “Social Concerns”