This is getting out of hand

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jflem1983
Guru

This is getting out of hand

Post by Jflem1983 »

Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: This is getting out of hand

Post by averagejoe »

Jflem1983 wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/16/bethel-university-student-apologizes-for-wearing-offensive-chicago-blackhawks-sweatshirt/

It's the guilt feeling driven into people for the past 40 years by the liberal media and hollywood....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: This is getting out of hand

Post by Graham Adder »

Actually, I think it's more along the lines of things getting out of hand hundreds of years ago.
It's only now that people are trying to find a remedy to the damages caused, and the residual damages still being lived through today.
Like any remedial work, it takes time, lots of mistakes and a whole lot of consideration of ALL variables to do it right.
Unless you have lived as a visible minority, you have to open a third eye you have likely never used to really see the bigger picture.
I am the offspring of an abused First Nations Mom.
I have suffered the abuse of residential schools without ever attending one. Unless you can relate, you can't relate.
I also know the racism that still goes on today.
Too often I hear,"I'm just kidding. You know that."
No, I don't. I don't get the joke.
"I can say those things, because most of my friends are Natives."
Did those friends speak for all Natives? No. Shut your cake hole.
"Bury the hatchet. Move on."
You keep bringing the hatchet out, not I.
It's not I that needs to move on.

The T shirts, mascots, banners and names of sport teams that are offensive to some, and misunderstood by others is a change that needs to be made.
It will get messy. Mistakes will be made.
It's remedial work.

Return to “Social Concerns”