For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: For women only

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jonrox wrote:I have no problem with women being treated differently - women are awesome! They're beautiful, funny, and smart. If they want an exclusive movie screening and a fun night out, I've got no problem with it at all.

Again, neither do I - if, and only if men were given the same respect if we had, in this case, a movie screening for men only without having to be criticized and protested left, right and centre in the media or on the sidewalk.
Jonrox wrote:And I'm a big boy... I can handle not having a men's only night for the next Marvel superhero movie because I'm not a whiny *bleep*.

So I'm a "whiny bleep" because I have a different opinion than you?
Jonrox"Men who complain about something like this need to grow up and find themselves a woman who's so great they'd have no problem with her getting preferential treatment.[/quote]
What a child like comment.
[quote="Jonrox wrote:
Do you guys also complain when girls get into bars or clubs without having to pay cover?

I would if they wouldn't let me on the premises due to my sex.

Its one thing to give some one preferential treatment and respect - but its something else to expect that preferential treatment and respect upon themselves and then protest others if they get the same.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Women have been complaining about gender gaps in wages, employment opportunity, and just overall respect for decades. One movie night without guys allowed in and Dizzy loses his mind. Hahahahaha!!!!! That's the definition of whiny *bleep*.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If Kelowna has a "female only movie night" Diz can dress up in drag and come with me. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Dizzy1 wrote:
What_the wrote:Girls want to have a girl's night? I have no problem with that.

What does a personal night amongst friends have to do with restricting a member of the opposite sex at a public function?

What_the wrote:Hypocrisy indeed.

Indeed, It is hypocrisy.

What_the wrote:Just like when we men have a men's night at the nudy bar.
Drooling and getting aroused and treating women like meat.

And are women barred from the premises during a "mens night" at the strippers?
Jonrox wrote:Do you have a problem with strip clubs that have 1 night a month with male strippers and 29 nights with females?

Are women restricted access to the premises during those 29 nights?

Since we're on the topic of strippers - how come the ladies get to grope the boy strippers but the men can't touch the lady strippers? I know, I know - its for their own protection.
Jonrox wrote:Not everything needs to be equal between the 2 sexes. Get over it.

Get over what? They want equality? Then there needs to be equality. Imagine if there was a movie screening and they restricted it to men only - all hell would break loose.

I like you dizzy. But seriously?
You honestly can't see how men treat women like a piece of meat?
I'm in the middle of a convo with my girl .....Never mind. Too much for here lol.

Seriously. Women are bi tches to be *bleep* in "man's" culture. There is no denial of this fact women evolutionary play their part in that role.

A bunch of girls want to see a movie together with out a man getting hard at the leading role? All good with that.

The only "woman" with a penis bigger than mine are the kind that walk into a barber shop and then cry fowl when they don't get what they want
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Queen K wrote:If Kelowna has a "female only movie night" Diz can dress up in drag and come with me. :130:

*bleep* I want to say $#!7.

I know better tho
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What_the wrote:You honestly can't see how men treat women like a piece of meat?

How some *bleep* treat women has no relevance to this screening. If you want to bring the discussion down to that level, then by all means. How about we start a mens only gym? No women allowed - because there are just as many women out there that treat men like a piece of meat as well.

What_the wrote:A bunch of girls want to see a movie together with out a man getting hard at the leading role? All good with that.

As I stated before - I also have no problem with that. The concern I have is that that same attitude is not given to something that is men only.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:If Kelowna has a "female only movie night" Diz can dress up in drag and come with me. :130:

LOL that would be a hoot!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jonrox wrote:Women have been complaining about gender gaps in wages, employment opportunity, and just overall respect for decades. One movie night without guys allowed in and Dizzy loses his mind. Hahahahaha!!!!! That's the definition of whiny *bleep*.

Exactly where have I "lost my mind"? Come on - you can keep it more grown up than that. The only reason I'd be losing my mind is when people take my views way out of context.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What_the wrote:and any man in the theatre would only be lusting for the fictional character and the actress.

Thats quite a broad statement. So just because I'm a guy, I'd only be lusting for the female fictional character and actress?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

You know, its a real shame that some people can't have a simple discussion without making such childish assumptions about people . Very unfortunate.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

We do not need to look at this any further than what it basically is.
For years women have fought to have any and all "men only functions, clubs, offerings, etc" erased based on gender discrimination.
So when an event like this and so many others arise of course it will be challenged.
If its the other way around its gender discrimination, but because its this why its ok, justified and allowed.
That's our society today.
I, like most men have just accepted it. Sad part is I believe its just illustrates a weakness, and hypocrisy with in society today.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: for women only

Post by whatwhat »

Dizzy1 wrote:
whatwhat wrote:It is only a few screenings that are having a women's only screening.

It doesn't matter if its even one screening - its wrong.

whatwhat wrote:Men are still able to see the movie, just at a different showing. It isn't like they are banned to watch the movie at all.

Thats not the point, they are discriminating against men.

Woah, you go away for one night and things really blow up! Anyways I'll respond to this post, while also pulling from others.

I get that some may view it as discriminating but with that argument, a movie screening in the least of our worries. There are men league basketball, golf, slow pitch teams, men only yoga classes (broga ;), female only coffee meet ups, female only club/stripper nights etc.

While technically, these things are discriminatory sometimes gender segregation is still wanted in our society today. I get that some females out there want to be invited in male groups that and would still be okay with this women only movie screening, but I think those people are in the minority.

While I think women should have equal rights and pay to men, I don't make an issue when my boyfriend goes to play on his mens basketball league every week. I don't think we will ever get rid of these social segregated groups, and I don't disagree with them personally. I don't want to impose myself on the BF's basketball team, just like I don't want men in my "girl's night" at my local club (and girl's night isn't just drinks with my girlfriends, lot's of bar's/clubs/strip joints offer women only nights), or him coming to my all female softball team.
hail Satan y'all
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Dizzy1 wrote:
What_the wrote:You honestly can't see how men treat women like a piece of meat?

How some *bleep* treat women has no relevance to this screening. If you want to bring the discussion down to that level, then by all means. How about we start a mens only gym? No women allowed - because there are just as many women out there that treat men like a piece of meat as well.

What_the wrote:A bunch of girls want to see a movie together with out a man getting hard at the leading role? All good with that.

As I stated before - I also have no problem with that. The concern I have is that that same attitude is not given to something that is men only.

If there was a men's only screening for a movie, most women would be totally ok with it. There would be just a small minority of whiny women who would object. Just like there's only a small minority of whiny men who object to a women's only screening. We know which group you belong to.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jonrox wrote:If there was a men's only screening for a movie, most women would be totally ok with it. There would be just a small minority of whiny women who would object. Just like there's only a small minority of whiny men who object to a women's only screening.

If there was a mens only anything, you know as well as I do it would be a bit more than a small minority of women. Social media would be all over it. Your insistent use of the term "whiny" really shows your maturity level at this discussion.
Jonrox wrote:We know which group you belong to.

No, you don't know which "group" I belong to. Your consistent refusal to understand the difference between "whining" and equality is quite remarkable. But I do belong to a group, the group I belong to doesn't believe in hypocrisy or double standards - sadly, you haven't quite grasped the difference yet.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Because of Bill C 16, this is illegal and a hate crime. They should know by now that there are a lot more than two genders. What if you're two spirited, or trans, or simply refer to yourself with the pronoun xer?

The reason women can have exclusive screenings and the reason girls can join Boy Scouts while boys cannot join Girl Guides and the reason there can be women's only gyms but not men's only gyms is that the patriarchy has been suppressing women for 23 thousand years.

And now they have women's only screenings but not all the other genders represented that are even more discriminated against than women is hateful and equally as wrong as shooting black people.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”