For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
GalaxyzAway

Re: For women only

Post by GalaxyzAway »

z
Last edited by GalaxyzAway on May 31st, 2017, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Symbonite wrote:Well Curves is a Women only gym and you dont see guys going crazy and making a big deal on why they are not included...but if it was a all male gym you would see something in the paper.

Just one of many times a man has tried to join a women's only gym ...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... le1129214/
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Loki2u wrote:
I would be perfectly fine with it, and it doesn't affect me or bother me in the least. In fact I think its a great idea! I'm sure my girlfriend would love to round up her friends and have a girls night out to watch this without me around. On a scale of 1 to 10 of how much issues like this bother me....it's less than 1.

If this is some peoples biggest concern right now in the world, life is good! :smt045

Here's the difference - your girlfriend rounds up her friends to have a girls night out - thats a personal choice amongst friends. In this case, a business is prohibiting entry to men to attend the screening solely based on their gender.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on May 31st, 2017, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Exactly the same as the Paris festival, it is wrong. I wrote in that thread what I think about it and I feel the same here.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

youjustcomplain wrote:
I think Dizzy would look great in a yellow floral summer dress. Definitely above the knees. :P

Hey, not to brag, but the yellow will really bring out my eyes :biggrin:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jonrox wrote:I can handle not having a men's only night for the next Marvel superhero movie

Just to be very clear on this. You do realize that Wonder Woman belongs to the DC Universe and not the Marvel Universe, right? :smt045
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Please whine some more on how men missed out on a couple of movie screenings.

This is a panel deciding on women's health care BTW. In 2017.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:Please whine some more on how men missed out on a couple of movie screenings.

So, did they explicitly deny women access to this meeting? Was this meeting for men only? Is that what this screening is really all about to stick it to men?

"Whining" - grow up.

Women raise their voice about men only functions and it's about gender discrimination and equality - men speaking their mind about men being discriminated against and it's "whining" - as I said in my initial post - it's not about the screening, it's not about women only functions - it's the hypocrisy that's sad.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Aw, poor babies can't go to a particular time of a movie screening but can go to a different one.

Meanwhile in women's issues...https://www.thenation.com/article/trump ... h-control/
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

JLives wrote:Please whine some more on how men missed out on a couple of movie screenings.

That's an idiotic comparison.

1) Women were not banned from this meeting

2) Women make up less than 9% of Republicans in power in the US, far less than that actually in Washington.

Your issue can most definitely be with the lack of female representation within the Republican government (a traditionally white male dominated party), but that's a completely different discussion and not related to this in the least
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's about perspective on what unfair really means. I wish my genders big issue of the day was missing out on a particular time to see a movie. Have you ever had a group of women vote on your rights to your own body or make your health care choices for you? No, you haven't. But that movie though...
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

JLives wrote:It's about perspective on what unfair really means. I wish my genders big issue of the day was missing out on a particular time to see a movie. Have you ever had a group of women vote on your rights to your own body or make your health care choices for you? No, you haven't. But that movie though...

I think we got your point the first 2 times you said the exact same thing
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I don't think you did. At all.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All this started over a movie, how many DC male character (main character) movies compared to DC Women main character movies.

Both sides of this are humans, so both sides should be treated equally. If women want to have women only showing of a movie, I say go & enjoy.
Absolutely no big deal about it
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

JLives wrote:I don't think you did. At all.

We did, it just makes no sense.

It's like black people complaining about white politicians. White people complaining when Obama was in charge. Asians or Mexicans complaining every election because it's almost always white people.

Whenever I hear people complain about Christy Clarke, Rachel Notley or whatever Wynne's first name is... I have never ONCE heard a remark about her being a woman. It's about how terrible at their jobs they are or how they are screwing over their province or how they need to be voted out. Should men complain because they can't possible know what's best for men?

Should women complain in areas where their leaders are men?

I am guessing no and no. So why are you complaining about this meeting, of elected government officials? Because they were talking about healthcare? Something literally EVER government does?

It's a strawman argument and not only is it nonsensical, it has no bearing on discrimination. Women are allowed to run for government and could definitely be in those meetings... if they hold the positions required to be there.

Return to “Social Concerns”