For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
What_the
Übergod

Re: For women only

Post by What_the »

I like it^^
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Can women not have one minor thing that doesn't offend male ego? Can we just have this one thing?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I believe that 99% of the male egos out there do not care if women (or anyone else) have their little special events or priviledges because they are too busy enjoying all the fantastic things that guys get to do (with or without their dame at their side).
All this attention gets focused on that tiny percentage of males that can't stand it if they can't control and direct every possible aspect of female life, from the way they dress, to how they raise their children, or whom they give their permission to marry, what they do with their recreational time, who they have lunch with etc, etc.
I was very lucky I guess, my hubby was very uncontrolling, I did things my way, he did things his way, and fortunately we agreed on the more critical things like finances, spending, and kid raising.( Funny thing though, not once did I ever hear him whine or complain about how bad men had it.) I wouldn't have lasted five minutes with him if he had tried to interfere with me. I met a few guys like that (the controlling types), and it did not go well. Fathers: raise your daughters to be strong independent women, set an example of what a good man should be (as you see fit), and they will make you proud, and choose the right mate.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Silverstarqueen wrote:So then gays can't have a gay bar? or a gay night at bar otherwise open to heterosexuals? The Scots can't have a festival for Scots only and celebrate their own sports or bag pipes, traditional attire etc? You don't think aboriginals should be able to have their own gatherings, excluding regular Non-aboriginals, to celebrate their own culture themselves? No, this is not making sense. At all. Every event does not have to be open to every one else, sometimes (particularly minorities) want to have their own event without having to put up with the usual rif-raf many of which would have no respect for or understanding of their differences.
How does it "create division" to allow various ethnic or whatever groups to have their very own activities or meetings?

Straight people can go to gay bars. I've done it before. They don't card you at the door for your gay ID

Gays can go to any bar they want. It happens every day.

Anyone can go to a Scottish festival.

Let's be honest... 99% any other ethnicity has no interest in Aboriginal ceremonies, but I have no idea what their "rules" are.

So yes, it makes perfect sense. Your examples just suck.

Silverstarqueen wrote:Now we have Father's Day approaching. Isn't that discriminating against Mother's? No doubt there will be various businesses or event welcoming Fathers, maybe even giving them special dinner deals, or a discount on their golf fees, etc, especially if it helps attract other family members in tow, or even just a general increase in business. But noooooo. That would be sexist. Do you think the Mothers will be complaining that Dear old Dad is getting some special considerations just for having fathered children? Of course not. Because I doubt there is anyone who would deny Father's their little moment of recognition and honor, and rightly deserve to bask for a bit in the adoration of their families. Well no one, except one or two on this thread who will not tolerate any form of discrimination.

Because there is also Mother's Day? Another terrible example/argument on your behalf

Silverstarqueen wrote:I believe that 99% of the male egos out there do not care if women (or anyone else) have their little special events or priviledges because they are too busy enjoying all the fantastic things that guys get to do (with or without their dame at their side).
All this attention gets focused on that tiny percentage of males that can't stand it if they can't control and direct every possible aspect of female life, from the way they dress, to how they raise their children, or whom they give their permission to marry, what they do with their recreational time, who they have lunch with etc, etc.
I was very lucky I guess, my hubby was very uncontrolling, I did things my way, he did things his way, and fortunately we agreed on the more critical things like finances, spending, and kid raising.( Funny thing though, not once did I ever hear him whine or complain about how bad men had it.) I wouldn't have lasted five minutes with him if he had tried to interfere with me. I met a few guys like that (the controlling types), and it did not go well. Fathers: raise your daughters to be strong independent women, set an example of what a good man should be (as you see fit), and they will make you proud, and choose the right mate.

Typical leftist argument with no substance and is of course, offensive and mean spirited... all in the name of equality, feminism or any other thing the left believes in. Like killing doctors because they perform abortions, which is murder. Sound logic.

The crux of your post: If a man doesn't agree with MEN ONLY events or WOMEN ONLY events... he must be a controlling bully. There's no way at all he can believe we're equal, that NOBODY should get special treatment... he only says that because he wants to keep his woman docile. lol Somehow you manage to take "No special treatment" into the realm of "You will wear what I tell to wear and I'll give you an allowance because I am the bread winner."

What ajoke
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Mommy?

Yes Baby-girl?

What's that terrible whining noise?

Oh, that noise is nothing to worry about, it's just the sound of white-male-privilege dying.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:Can women not have one minor thing that doesn't offend male ego? Can we just have this one thing?

Can men have their little minor things as well, without offending "The View"?

Women can have as many women only functions and get togethers and whatever's as they want - as long as the boys get theirs too without having to listening to a bombardment of social media pointing a finger at everyone with a willie.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hate The View and The Talk both for manipulating emotions of their respective audiences so badly.

And Q: has anyone gone to see the movie yet?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Queen K wrote:I hate The View and The Talk both for manipulating emotions of their respective audiences so badly.

And Q: has anyone gone to see the movie yet?

The movie is awesome! My girlfriend loved it also.

It's the third best reviewed superhero movie of all time and the highest grossing opening weekend of all time by a female director beating out fifty shades of grey.

I'm going again this Tuesday :up:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Women can have as many women only functions and get togethers and whatever's as they want - as long as the boys get theirs too without having to listening to a bombardment of social media pointing a finger at everyone with a willie.

I watched a funny comedy routine from about EIGHT YEARS AGO that still quite true, if not more so.

What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I *bleep* my wife. I *bleep* her hard.

I like Bill Maher but, this is full of Shiite. This is male ego responding to being butt hurt. And response to this thread?
White boy who doesn't get it.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And I'm a white boy.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Dizzy1 wrote:
JLives wrote:Can women not have one minor thing that doesn't offend male ego? Can we just have this one thing?

Can men have their little minor things as well, without offending "The View"?

Yes, because I get my male ego diminished by a bunch of rating inspired women talking trash.

As a man, I couldnt care less what the "view" has to say, and to use that as an argument is beyond ridiculous.

Be a man. Let the baby have their bottle. Support your girl. Stop snivelling and being like Ray Romano on the sit com.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^^ I see sarcasm has once again alluded you.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What_the wrote:I *bleep* my wife. I *bleep* her hard.

I like Bill Maher but, this is full of Shiite. This is male ego responding to being butt hurt. And response to this thread?
White boy who doesn't get it.

I agree - you don't get it.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Dizzy1 wrote:^^^ I see sarcasm has once again alluded you.

Perhaps.
Dizzy1 wrote: don't get it
And perhaps. But I'm leaning towards yes.

Return to “Social Concerns”