For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

For women only

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#198069

so for men only is a no,no but for women only it's girl power :135: hypocrites
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: for women only

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-198069-5-.htm#198069

so for men only is a no,no but for women only it's girl power :135: hypocrites

It is only a few screenings that are having a women's only screening. Men are still able to see the movie, just at a different showing. It isn't like they are banned to watch the movie at all.

Unfortunately, there aren't many women leading in action/superhero movies. So when it does finally happen, it does tend to make big headlines and may create a bit more buzz for "girl power" creating more scenarios such as this one.

As well, I think we need to look at the "respectful" meninist's in our world who can create very negative and even dangerous situations for females, especially when it comes to stereotypical male interests. We can just take a look at what happened with the all-female cast of Ghostbusters, and how some of the men on the internet treated the female cast and fans. Even female gamers deal with threats of rape, death, have their personal information (such as phone numbers, addresses etc) leaked all for being an outspoken female in a male dominated area.

It is unfortunate, but females continue to feel like they need a safe space to be able to enjoy these things.
hail Satan y'all
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I've got no issues with deciphering differences between a man and a woman.
This gender crap is way out to lunch.
If they want a women only thing, so be it. Those with a dong stay the hell out, ya creepy freak.
Same goes both ways. If it's a guy only function, no females allowed. Females are born with female parts. That's a female. Period.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: For women only

Post by the truth »

that is my point, i also have no problem with a women only event as long as they did not wine about men only events like they have been thats all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

whatwhat wrote:It is only a few screenings that are having a women's only screening.

It doesn't matter if its even one screening - its wrong.

whatwhat wrote:Men are still able to see the movie, just at a different showing. It isn't like they are banned to watch the movie at all.

Thats not the point, they are discriminating against men.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Graham Adder wrote:. That's a female. Period.

You cheeky batsard. I love it.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.

Men only club. Women only club. only an idiot would would come between the two.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I don't see the big deal.

One movie night is for women only? Whooopeee.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:I don't see the big deal.

I have no problem with it either. Its the hypocrisy I have a problem with.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I have no problem with women being treated differently - women are awesome! They're beautiful, funny, and smart. If they want an exclusive movie screening and a fun night out, I've got no problem with it at all.

And I'm a big boy... I can handle not having a men's only night for the next Marvel superhero movie because I'm not a whiny *bleep*. Men who complain about something like this need to grow up and find themselves a woman who's so great they'd have no problem with her getting preferential treatment.

Do you guys also complain when girls get into bars or clubs without having to pay cover?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I don't see hypocrisy. At all. It's a female super hero movie, and any man in the theatre would only be lusting for the fictional character and the actress. (Ill admit, as a hetero male, she's a specimen)

The only hypocrisy I see is that women have a voice today, and are viewed as equals, despite by men viewing them as sexual meat. I'm definitely guilty of that. Women shouldnt deny they want "that" either. Im digressing a little much.

Girls want to have a girl's night? I have no problem with that. Just like when we men have a men's night at the nudy bar.
Drooling and getting aroused and treating women like meat.

Hypocrisy indeed.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I don't see the big deal.

I have no problem with it either. Its the hypocrisy I have a problem with.

Do you have a problem with strip clubs that have 1 night a month with male strippers and 29 nights with females? Not everything needs to be equal between the 2 sexes. Get over it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What_the wrote:Girls want to have a girl's night? I have no problem with that.

What does a personal night amongst friends have to do with restricting a member of the opposite sex at a public function?

What_the wrote:Hypocrisy indeed.

Indeed, It is hypocrisy.

What_the wrote:Just like when we men have a men's night at the nudy bar.
Drooling and getting aroused and treating women like meat.

And are women barred from the premises during a "mens night" at the strippers?
Jonrox wrote:Do you have a problem with strip clubs that have 1 night a month with male strippers and 29 nights with females?

Are women restricted access to the premises during those 29 nights?

Since we're on the topic of strippers - how come the ladies get to grope the boy strippers but the men can't touch the lady strippers? I know, I know - its for their own protection.
Jonrox wrote:Not everything needs to be equal between the 2 sexes. Get over it.

Get over what? They want equality? Then there needs to be equality. Imagine if there was a movie screening and they restricted it to men only - all hell would break loose.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

When everyone realizes the two sexes aren't "equal" and we instead respect our differences we'll really start to see progress.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's just a stoopid movie night, not even in Kelowna. Geez.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”