51738

For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: For women only

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jun 19th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Sigh...

Again @MAP, nice try with yet another Red Herring. Garbage, dishes, mowing lawns, shovelling snow, giving baths, making meals is all BS. This is just ordinary everyday stuff that gets worked out by couples, even gay couples, it has everything to do with personal private everyday negotiations between a family. People who want to politicize such issues generally are hoping to obfuscate away from meaty more meaningful discussions of reaching meaningful power sharing.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 555
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 498 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 11:15 am

Re: For women only

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jun 19th, 2017, 6:06 pm

If you are frustrated your man won't change a poopy diaper = Personal and private relationship dynamics. Hey - you picked him.

If you are frustrated your wife can't pick up a shovel = Personal and private relationship dynamics. Hey - you picked her.

If a government body is over-represented by males despite an agenda that directly debates and establishes policy pertaining to both genders in society = Worthy of correcting via affirmative action. Therefore a political issue.

If a large corporation who has an over-representation (disproportionately so) of males in upper management = Worthy of correction via affirmative action. Therefore a political issue.

Let's debate the merit if affirmative action, not who does the yardwork.

My husband can barely make our children Kraft Dinner, and I barely know the difference between a hammer and a wrench. Big E'Fn whoop.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 555
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 498 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 11:15 am

Re: For women only

Postby Steppenwolf4 » Jun 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm

My husband can barely make our children Kraft Dinner, and I barely know the difference between a hammer and a wrench. Big E'Fn whoop.


Sounds like co-dependence. What happens if one of you becomes ill or dies?
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling
 
Posts: 125
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Jun 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Re: For women only

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jun 19th, 2017, 7:30 pm

^^ I feel quite comfortable that I can learn in a pinch, just like I'd assume he would figure it out and our children won't starve.

The rest, can be hired out in either scenario.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 555
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 498 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 11:15 am

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 6:27 am

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:@youjustcomplain

The thread absolutely deteriorates from time to time where the posters on this thread resort to name calling. But to state that there has been no substance and it's the impasses which cause both sides to deteriorate. Funny how when perfectly logical assertions are presented they are often ignored and/or not responded to with an equally well thought out argument.

I don't see a bunch of women regularly storming men's events as it has been alleged. Please provide some links that are current and regionally appropriate. And please include situations especially where a bunch of women demand access to mens events that are more about socialization with friends, versus some kind of political gathering where policy is being debated and established that directly effects.

In the words of of one of my heroes (Judge Judy...don't judge):

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining".


Hey, people don't generally respond to everything. Especially when I only check these boards once or twice per day. :) If someone strikes a point against my argument, I'm less likely to reply than if I see someone calling me names. By the time I've replied to one person, my break time is over and I'm back to work.

I've never claimed that woman storm men only events, so I'm sorry, I can't provide links to events as examples. My statement, (summarized) was that woman have made great steps towards equality with men and that giving woman special rights above men should not be socially accepted. I'm only talking about social acceptance. I think woman and men should be treated as equals. That means events that exclude woman shouldn't be tolerated and nor should events that exclude men.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 7:32 am

Jonrox wrote:I love how guys here are tearing apart women who supposedly get all up in arms when there's a men's only event, oblivious to the the fact that it's exactly what they're currently doing regarding a women's only event.

They haven't even linked to a story or article describing when women have done this, yet this thread is itself an example of men whining about a women's only event. This is now one of my all-time favorite threads on the forums! Classic!


And here we have more examples of you making things up. Which guys are tearing apart woman? When has anyone said that woman are all up in arms over men's only events? Why do you feel it's on me, or people who share my opinion, to educate you on what has happened in the past? I'm not a teacher, and you're not here to learn.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: For women only

Postby liisgo » Jun 20th, 2017, 7:43 am

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:If you are frustrated your man won't change a poopy diaper = Personal and private relationship dynamics. Hey - you picked him.

If you are frustrated your wife can't pick up a shovel = Personal and private relationship dynamics. Hey - you picked her.

If a government body is over-represented by males despite an agenda that directly debates and establishes policy pertaining to both genders in society = Worthy of correcting via affirmative action. Therefore a political issue.

If a large corporation who has an over-representation (disproportionately so) of males in upper management = Worthy of correction via affirmative action. Therefore a political issue.

Let's debate the merit if affirmative action, not who does the yardwork.

My husband can barely make our children Kraft Dinner, and I barely know the difference between a hammer and a wrench. Big E'Fn whoop.


99.9% of all inventions, corporations, etc were at the hands of extremely hard working men. Can a feminists not give credit to this? Why are all corporation and government not run by women? With all the whining over the decades about it you think there would be women inventing and building mega corp's more than men. You would think that at every government position there would be more females to pick from than the majority always being men.
Come on, give women more credit(and men), stop claiming a hidden agenda, and be thankful that these individuals do go after these roles. Even the women that actually do.
Speaking of "old school" enough time has gone by to show that these positions are because of choice and not the feminist theory created to jusitfy their reasoning.
The problem with debating with reason is the lack and unwillingness of people to acknowledge that they actually control their own paths and not a conspiracy.
My god, its 2017, get out there and change it yourself.
liisgo
Fledgling
 
Posts: 142
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Jan 19th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 7:46 am

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:If a large corporation who has an over-representation (disproportionately so) of males in upper management = Worthy of correction via affirmative action. Therefore a political issue.


Great idea for a new topic. I'd happily disagree with you in it, but not in this thread. :)
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: For women only

Postby Jonrox » Jun 20th, 2017, 8:57 am

youjustcomplain wrote:
Jonrox wrote:I love how guys here are tearing apart women who supposedly get all up in arms when there's a men's only event, oblivious to the the fact that it's exactly what they're currently doing regarding a women's only event.

They haven't even linked to a story or article describing when women have done this, yet this thread is itself an example of men whining about a women's only event. This is now one of my all-time favorite threads on the forums! Classic!


And here we have more examples of you making things up. Which guys are tearing apart woman? When has anyone said that woman are all up in arms over men's only events? Why do you feel it's on me, or people who share my opinion, to educate you on what has happened in the past? I'm not a teacher, and you're not here to learn.

Dude, it started in the OP where he said:
so for men only is a no,no but for women only it's girl power :135: hypocrites
and followed it up with
i also have no problem with a women only event as long as they did not wine about men only events like they have been thats all

I'm not making anything up. Do I really need to go through the entire thread and re-post every comment?

Dizzy had this gem
If there was a mens only anything, you know as well as I do it would be a bit more than a small minority of women. Social media would be all over it. Your insistent use of the term "whiny" really shows your maturity level at this discussion.

I could keep going... but it's obvious there's a group of you ripping into these supposed women's groups that get all up in arms over men's events (and have nothing to support this claim), when you're doing exactly the same thing.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3218
Likes: 296 posts
Liked in: 1688 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 9:35 am

Jonrox wrote:I could keep going... but it's obvious there's a group of you ripping into these supposed women's groups that get all up in arms over men's events (and have nothing to support this claim), when you're doing exactly the same thing.


Well if you think those examples were me or my group (whoever that is), ripping into these supposed womans groups... then I guess we just define "ripping into" differently.

Supposed womans groups? So do you not believe that womans groups have ever stood against male only groups or organizations? You say "supposed" which suggests that the jury is still out for you. You don't actually know that it's happened?

I come to this conversation with my opinion on the matter and I don't tell you what you think. Almost every time you've replied to anyone here, you've recapped what the person thinks, and took liberties in doing so. How about just read what people write and respond without creatively rewording it to try and manipulate readers.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: For women only

Postby Jonrox » Jun 20th, 2017, 9:55 am

I'm just wondering if the men in this thread that are ACTUALLY getting worked up over these women's groups have some examples of what these women's groups have gotten worked up over. I'm sure at some point it has happened and I'm wondering if it was over something silly like a movie screening.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3218
Likes: 296 posts
Liked in: 1688 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Jonrox wrote:I'm just wondering if the men in this thread that are ACTUALLY getting worked up over these women's groups have some examples of what these women's groups have gotten worked up over. I'm sure at some point it has happened and I'm wondering if it was over something silly like a movie screening.


But again, you're telling people that they're getting worked up over this. I have stated that I'm not even slightly worked up. So have others.

fvkasm2x likes this post.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: For women only

Postby What_the » Jun 20th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Since there's no actual discrimination I'd say some are perturbed over something that's not there. So, worked up probably fits the bill.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

Jonrox likes this post.
User avatar
What_the
Übergod
 
Posts: 1413
Likes: 312 posts
Liked in: 628 posts
Joined: Feb 18th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Re: For women only

Postby Jonrox » Jun 20th, 2017, 1:16 pm

The post history in this thread would suggest several people got very worked up over this. Or maybe a few us just got under their skin and rattled them to the point they couldn't even make rational points any longer.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3218
Likes: 296 posts
Liked in: 1688 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Re: For women only

Postby youjustcomplain » Jun 20th, 2017, 1:49 pm

What_the wrote:Since there's no actual discrimination I'd say some are perturbed over something that's not there. So, worked up probably fits the bill.


Well, I don't know what to tell you. People are not welcome to a showing of a movie based on their sex. That's clearly discrimination. Now, I can understand the argument that it is discrimination, but it's trivial. I find it hard to swallow that it's just not discrimination.

It would be like telling black people to ride in the back of the bus, because they're black and someone telling me it's not discrimination because they can still take the bus. You see, it doesn't matter how serious it is, it's either discrimination or it's not.

Seems like your case is that this just isn't discrimination, I argue otherwise.

fvkasm2x likes this post.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 615
Likes: 157 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron