For women only

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: For women only

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote:
Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Mommy?

Yes Baby-girl?

What's that terrible whining noise?

Oh, that noise is nothing to worry about, it's just the sound of white-male-privilege dying.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fe ... li=AAggFp5

A white man is taking the "white male privilege" remarks of a female co-worker and turning discrimination on it's pointy head by claiming offense at her remark at a transgender sensitivity training course.

We live in a complicated World now.

love it, gets better all the time :laugh: :laugh:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ryshenton

Post by Ryshenton »

I think everyone is blowing that story out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal, they al just wanted to channel their inner lesbian diva's, eat lots of choclate ice cream and bond with each in some totally silly emotional fashion. Girls only want to have fun.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Decades ago women fought for their rights against men and now women are fighting for their rights against men in dresses.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just read that the word Mother has been replaced by "Birthing Person." Because, you, know.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:59 pm I just read that the word Mother has been replaced by "Birthing Person." Because, you, know.
please tell me your kidding :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote: May 19th, 2022, 3:25 pm
Queen K wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:59 pm I just read that the word Mother has been replaced by "Birthing Person." Because, you, know.
please tell me your kidding :200:
NOPE, it's the truth.

Why are we calling mothers ‘birthing persons’?
Birthing people or mothers? What should we call people who deliver babies?

If moms are “birthing persons” then what are dads on Father’s Day?

Americans were bombarded with ads for gifts for that special day for fathers. Should I say “sperm contributors” in preparation for our complete capitulation to the woke?
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/op ... story.html
Bring back the LIKE button.
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

All of this crap comes from the radicle left. Dudes competing as women. Men can get pregnant.
Some serious mental health issues on that side that need addressing.

:cuss: it. I recognize as quadruple vaxxed most handsome person on the planet.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

It might be a silly question, ... but how do you define a woman nowadays?
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Zedi wrote: May 19th, 2022, 4:12 pm All of this crap comes from the radicle left. Dudes competing as women. Men can get pregnant.
Some serious mental health issues on that side that need addressing.

:cuss: it. I recognize as quadruple vaxxed most handsome person on the planet.
No mention of all yer billions for tax reasons? Of course your sterling charm goes without mention also. :up:
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

BC Landlord wrote: May 19th, 2022, 5:30 pm It might be a silly question, ... but how do you define a woman nowadays?
Anyway ya wantz. It seems like it's nothing more than an intellectual construct these days. [icon_lol2.gif]
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

If you're asking "Why are we calling mothers ‘birthing persons’?", well...

I suppose the terms 'biological mother' and 'biological father', as opposed to adoptive mother/father, doesn't offer enough detail anymore. When your biological father becomes/became a woman, or your biological mother becomes/became a man, they're still your "biological" parent but the description "biological..." no longer offers enough info. Seems like we now need to be more inclusive of, for example, "men-who-were-once-women (and vice versa*) who give/gave birth". This change is necessary for medical, legal and other reasons.

I don't think it's worth getting one's panties in a knot over this.

*people who were born male can carry a fetus to term, as we were made aware many years ago

~
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Wow, birthing person can't ever replace the woman who went thru morning sickness and etc to bring you to term. That is your mom no matter what. And no don't go for the 'they don't want to know you' argument. Been there, done that. I love both sets of parents, cause they both loved me enough to do what they thought was best. Do I have that same attachment for by birth father - no, he f'd off on her and all of us. Adoptive father was thru thick and thin. Society is really going for a downward turn with this.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote: May 20th, 2022, 4:07 am Do I have that same attachment for by birth father - no, he f'd off on her and all of us. Adoptive father was thru thick and thin. Society is really going for a downward turn with this.
I think you've missed the meaning of 'birthing person'. You don't have a "birth father" because your father didn't give birth to you. You have a biological father and you have an adoptive father.
ifwisheswerehorses wrote: May 20th, 2022, 4:07 am Wow, birthing person can't ever replace the woman who went thru morning sickness and etc to bring you to term. That is your mom no matter what.

And now that men can give birth too, they may not want to be called "mom." And birthing persons who were once women but are now men probably don't want to be called "mom" either.

Get used to the new normal. Society isn't going for a "downward turn with this". Nobody's being hurt by this, people are still people. There are plenty of things to worry about with respect to societal changes, but this isn't one of those things. Get some perspective.

~
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Only people with too much free time to spend on the internet are freaking out about this. Your kids will still call their Mom Mom. So will your school and everyone else. Other people may have different terms depending on their family dynamics but that takes nothing away from yours. I should call my Mom birthing person but not gonna get into that.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Discrimination is still discrimination doesn't matter how noble the cause is.

Return to “Social Concerns”