Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at risk

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at risk

Post by Queen K »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3503389/note- ... m=Facebook

Okay, this is an issue for September I'm sure, but girls dressing in next to nothing to go to school? I can't think of what year that never happened.

Here's the contents of the note posted in a small town AB school:

It reads:

When you wear little to no clothing and dress provocatively because it’s “too hot out” or because you think it’s “attractive,” you are putting boys at risk of having a distracting working environment and saying, “your clothing is more important than their education.” Instead of dressing like a THOT, value the male education and dress conservatively.

How about a note like this:

Dear Girls: Study to get out of this hot dry dusty one horse 600 person village unless you want NO career or future at all. You'll be enslaved like women in the 40s, pregnant, responsibilities and no training in anything. Is that your vision for yourself? Forget the damn fashion show, you aren't on a red carpet. And self-respect is first and respect for your learning environment is next when you're at school.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at ris

Post by Terris »

I don't think that suggesting a formal or standardized dress code is out of line.

The term THOT is new to me but I can remember going to Dr. Knox back in the 70's when young "ladies" could be seen wearing fishnet tops with no bra and wearing cutoffs with about 1 inch of material covering the crotchal region and not much more riding up the buttocks.

Distracting as it was, I was too young to understand what was happening (though it is indelibly remembered); and also back then it was the young male teachers who were most affected...
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I think boys need to learn to control their hormones and concentrate on the matter at hand. It's a good life lesson, and something you need to learn how to do with all sorts of distractions.

Having said that, I don't think it's over the top to implement some sort of a dress code. The problem is that this is easier said than done.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Terris wrote:I don't think that suggesting a formal or standardized dress code is out of line.

The term THOT is new to me but I can remember going to Dr. Knox back in the 70's when young "ladies" could be seen wearing fishnet tops with no bra and wearing cutoffs with about 1 inch of material covering the crotchal region and not much more riding up the buttocks.

Distracting as it was, I was too young to understand what was happening (though it is indelibly remembered); and also back then it was the young male teachers who were most affected...

That was nothing, some classes there had a continuous desk made of tables forming pretty much a square..
Needles to say, the girls sitting across from you had to be careful how they sat.. I do not recall any complaints. :200:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Have you ever heard how difficult it is for girls and women to concentrate on their school work or office work because young men sometimes wear a tank top, shirt size too small, no top, or tight shorts? I've seen boys and men with boobs bigger than mine clearly discernable, no one is telling them to wear a bra, no one is saying they can't walk down the street shirtless or in a tight top . So until that is outlawed, I think the guys will just have to control themselves, same as the gals do.
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

I have a better idea...

If the parents of these distracted boys never bothered to teach them about respect, maybe those said parents should consider sending their boys to an all boys school... Where there are no girls to distract them. Problem solved.

And yes, I do have a son...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JennParker wrote:I have a better idea...

If the parents of these distracted boys never bothered to teach them about respect, maybe those said parents should consider sending their boys to an all boys school... Where there are no girls to distract them. Problem solved.

And yes, I do have a son...

Does BC Alberta have all boys school anywhere, it would have to be private.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Put everyone in a standardized uniform and tell them to ST%U and GET TO WORK.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

GordonH wrote:
Does BC Alberta have all boys school anywhere, it would have to be private.

Not sure about Alberta, but BC has St.George's. I guess if you can't teach your young lad that women are not an object, you should probably move said lad to a place he can thrive. Why should society cater to that? What next, girls will have to wear full covering...

Society is pretty sad when we have to teach our girls not to accept a drink from a boy, instead of that boy being taught not to rape a girl.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Nip these problems at the source, right where kids get these ideas in the first place.

Shut off the TV, movie industry, internet and fashion/glamour magazines for a year.

I've always wondered why BC kids dress and act like LA gangbangers...
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Queen K wrote:How about a note like this:

Dear Girls: Study to get out of this hot dry dusty one horse 600 person village unless you want NO career or future at all. You'll be enslaved like women in the 40s, pregnant, responsibilities and no training in anything. Is that your vision for yourself? Forget the damn fashion show, you aren't on a red carpet. And self-respect is first and respect for your learning environment is next when you're at school.

Is it your stance that girls who under dress need to study harder to avoid the inevitable future of wife slavery? Fashion shows, dressing in short skirts, low cut tops etc is not a reflection of how intelligent or motivated they are. I know some young girls at my work who dress a little sexier than the rest and they are no less smart.

Maybe the attention should just be on ignoring their outfits and focus on school. And I don't mean from the boys. They will continue to be unable to ignore the girls outfits, no matter what they are. They're teenage boys.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up this very bit I added. Everyone focussed on dress codes but you've picked up on the flaw in my post.

I never said dressing more conservatively would make them "smart" or "more smart" or that under dressing makes them stupid or less smart.

I said if you're going to leave an unsigned note addressing ONLY the boys educations, then also leave one addressing the girls.

Repeat: What about the GIRLS educations?

AND, I never said being a mom and raising a wonderful family isn't a full time job, in fact I know people living one income where she raises three and he is the breadwinner. They are BOTH educated however. And she has options after the nest empties.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am saying is the the notewriter was ONLY concerned with the boy's educations.
So wrong.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Queen K wrote:I am saying is the the notewriter was ONLY concerned with the boy's educations.
So wrong.

Very wrong. Why are we blaming girls for boys not paying attention? Why aren't we valuing girls more? I'm a parent of both a boy and girl and I'm tired of this. I think uniforms are a good idea too as KG mentioned above but in the meantime stop sexualizing young girls and blaming them for boy's lack of self control.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've been a proponet of uniforms as well. I'm just making a comment about the note writer and where that person is at.

Which is also to say, why didn't the note writer encourage the girls to pay more attention to studies and education?

Return to “Social Concerns”