Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at risk

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at ris

Post by Barney Google »

Silverstarqueen wrote:To you, uniforms take some of the stress away. To me, if I had to wear a uniform to school, it would have bugged the hell out of me. I went to a private school for starters, and probably didn't care about the uniform thing at the primary school level. But it would have been horrible to wear a uniform beyond that. I guess I just didn't fit the mold. Thank God my parents switched me out of Catholic school. I doubt many kids think of how great it would be if only they could wear a uniform. My apologies to those kids who love it.

I respect where you are coming from, Silverstarqueen and hear what you are saying.

This might surprise you but in a lot of ways I don't fit the conventional mold either.

Lol...kindred spirits of differing opinions. :up:

Sounds like life to me.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Re: Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at ris

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Uniforms are great. The less fortunate can be subsidized discreetly and then every child can start from a place of belonging.

Uniforms are also great for parents, it makes mornings so much easier and saves money.

A uniform can be as simple as a t-shirt and trackpants, or a t-shirt and shorts with a logo on it and be unisex.

Children will learn to define their individuality by their deeds, not their label.

I have no bloody idea how the word THOT escaped administration of the school, it was bizarre, as was the notice in general with or without that inappropriate word.

Return to “Social Concerns”