Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at risk

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Dressing like THOTs in Schools put boys education at ris

Post by Graham Adder »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Have you ever heard how difficult it is for girls and women to concentrate on their school work or office work because young men sometimes wear a tank top, shirt size too small, no top, or tight shorts? I've seen boys and men with boobs bigger than mine clearly discernable, no one is telling them to wear a bra, no one is saying they can't walk down the street shirtless or in a tight top . So until that is outlawed, I think the guys will just have to control themselves, same as the gals do.

this makes about as much sense as collecting water with a sieve
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Back to the notewriter, notice that only the boys matter?

Not the girls and their prerequistes for entering higher levels of whatever subjects are needed. Just the boys.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Queen K wrote:Back to the notewriter, notice that only the boys matter?

Not the girls and their prerequistes for entering higher levels of whatever subjects are needed. Just the boys.

Exactly. How about we let the girls focus on school? Mine is in middle school and not once have I commented negatively on how she's dressed. I emphasize her value is what she can do and how she treats others. Stop sexualizing children.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
djbout
Fledgling

Post by djbout »

Late 70 and early 80's.... I wore crazy clothes( punk/disco era)and OMG the boys pants were so tight it left nothing to the imagination... but thankfully I graduated went to trade school and college... glad the boys didn't distract the me enough or I them.... impulse control is not perfect but should be taught to all children do they can at least make it through school
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
Why exactly is this unacceptable? No skin is showing.

How come no one has mentioned male teachers who show up for school in skin-tight biking shorts and stay in the shorts for long periods of time? The shorts are so tight that nearly everything can be seen, yet no one ever complains about teachers setting a bad example for the students.

There are also those male teachers who for some weird reason wear button shirts with all the buttons undone so like half or more of their chest is showing. When female students do this it's bad, but again, no one ever mentions teachers setting a bad example.

In some dress codes girls bra straps are not allowed to be showing. I assume the same would apply for G-string panties.

If girls are not allowed to have 'underwear' showing then boys should not either.

Underwear is exactly that underwear...I don't think it's appropriate to have it exposed any more than I think

having to witness plumber's b*#t.

This thread is about Student dress and until now teacher dress has not been mentioned...

If school is to be a place where our children are to obtain an education and prepare for the real World then I think

clothing guidelines should apply. Parents should be sending their children to school dressed comfortably but also

in a manner that they might should they be working. Clean, tidy and casual business-like. AFTER school and on

weekends kids can wear whatever they want within the realms of what parents allow.

At some point in time, children need to learn that there is a time and place for everything. The sooner they

learn that the better.

I do wholeheartedly agree with you JB about the teachers setting the standards. The lackadaisical and unprofessional

dress some teachers show up in is just plain shoddy. No wonder some children do not take some of the teachers or

education seriously! I've seen teachers showing up in yoga pants and sweats in Middle and High Schools and feel that

is completely unacceptable as well. I'm surprized teachers, outside PE, are allowed to do that. They are getting

a pretty good pay, from what I understand, and feel it is only respective of the taxpayers to dress in a professional

manner.
Last edited by Barney Google on Jun 7th, 2017, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Imagine if the note had read:

"Dear Girls: Dressing in the manner you do affects YOUR future. Maybe you do not see how you dress affects your mannerisms, habits and concentration NOW, but in the future, when it's too late, you will."
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 7th, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Barney Google wrote:If school is to be a place where our children are to obtain an education and prepare for the real World then I think

clothing guidelines should apply. Parents should be sending their children to school dressed comfortably but also

in a manner that they might should they be working. Clean, tidy and casual business-like.

Baloney. Tons of businesses have no strict dress codes whatsoever. Students in Career and Personal Planning volunteer and work at businesses and it's there that they can learn about the different approaches managers may or may not have for working apparel.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
... Tons of businesses have no strict dress codes whatsoever. ...

Many do.

There is an expectation from most employers to have their staff dress work appropriate.

Most especially if the job entails working with the public or being a visual representative of the company.

Schools are helping to prepare our children for life and hopefully, supporting and caring for themselves as adults.

Science, math, English, Health, etc. ...as Queen has written in her note...

"...Dressing in the manner you do affects YOUR future..."

BTW I never said strict.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Even big box stores require certain basic clothing like collared shirts or polo's although 3/4 of them are covered with an apron or whatever.
They DO send fully grown adults home to change (How embarrassing for an adult), there's a cost to it like some writeup or whatever.-Which effects reviews and considerations.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

A school is not a place of business for the students, and students are children, not adults. Who knows what future occupational aspirations they will have. Why pick business clothes as the standard? Why not future Olympians, fishermen, ballerinas,farmers, runway models, golf pro? Maybe some student is going to be the next Lady Gaga. I can't imagine why kids can't grow up wearing whatever their parents allow, and still manage to figure out how to choose a particular attire appropriate for a specific job later.
School administrators are busy enough taking care of scanning for drug activities, school ground violence and bullying, student attendance, why should they spend even five minutes on discipline for a student who wears shorts too short, or a shirt logo they can't live with, or a bra strap showed, or no bra was worn? Do they measure the girl's breasts to decide if they even need a bra? Do they measure the guys breasts to see if they need a bra? Do they check to see if the boys have showered that day? What's wrong with yoga pants? they aren't underwear.
I think kids especially in their teen years should be allowed to experiment with their appearance. If they are going to have a blue or green hair phase (thank god my kids didn't do that), then it's better that they do that in Grade 9 or 10, and grow out of it before they hit the adult world. Kids don't have to be little clones of grown ups, they will have the rest of their lives to figure out which attire is appropriate for their future occupations.
If the school wants to dictate what the teachers wear, that is up to them, and a different issue.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I have a very strange opinion on this (perhaps), as it can be taken somewhat hypocritically.

The fact that people feel it's alright to suggest that boys can't help themselves and that urges or thoughts are too powerful to overcome, thus blaming girls for their actions is disgusting. Boys should be taught early to respect women and to have some chivalry and manners.

The fact that so many girls these dress like prostitutes sometimes is equally disgusting.
It'd be nice if females today had a sense of self respect, dressed/acted with class and were a bit more demure. It'd also be nice if males today could respect women and not debase them at every turn.
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Jun 8th, 2017, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I figure these kids know EXACTLY what they are doing and need some guidance otherwise, hence my assertion that a simple, drab, uniform be in place for everyone.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Who is to say which type of dress instills self respect in a particular student? One commenter says it should be the same drab uniform for everyone . Really, will that instill respect, or humiliate young people?
If a teen girl is discovering how a woman dresses, acts, does her makeup, behaves, she is looking to the many models provided in our society. With her mothers, sisters, father's, friends', guidance she is going to figure it out. What she doesn't need is someone dictating to her a very personal decision such as what to wear, how to do her hair etc. There is such a huge emphasis on this in our society these days, that a girl is often torn in several directions with all the dictates and pressures on her appearance. What is considered acceptable is so different from one family to another, I don't see how any one select group (let's say school principals) should decide what that standard is going to be.
I have sons, so spared the complexities of raising daughters. Still I would expect them to have respect for the female students regardless of what they are wearing. If I ever heard of one of my sons disrespecting a girl or female teacher because of her choice of clothing, well, we would have a very in depth discussion about that.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Let's talk about peer pressure with regards to clothing.

Be it boys or girls there is certain amount of peer pressure to dress and wear the same outfits/clothing as everyone else.

Name brands, etc...

Uniforms take this out of the element.

Expense...it's hard for some families to cope with the cost some name brands run. So less affluent kids are at times subjected

to the pressures of not dressing as their peers.

Inexpensive, durable uniforms take this element out.

Aaahhhh, and let's not forget the last minute early morning drama rush to...."what am I going to wear today?"

Girls in particular seem to stress about this. Our own daughters would sometimes change their outfits three times before

leaving for school.

Uniforms help to take some of this stress away.

Lol...give kids more time to stress over their hair/appearance...which is kinda sad cause, not knowing about you all,

but I sure would like it if kids could just be kids and comfortable with themselves.

Meh, as much as it's hard to watch...that's part of growing up...wishin' it wasn't so darned hard for kids...and parents too!
- Unknown
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

To you, uniforms take some of the stress away. To me, if I had to wear a uniform to school, it would have bugged the hell out of me. I went to a private school for starters, and probably didn't care about the uniform thing at the primary school level. But it would have been horrible to wear a uniform beyond that. I guess I just didn't fit the mold. Thank God my parents switched me out of Catholic school. I doubt many kids think of how great it would be if only they could wear a uniform. My apologies to those kids who love it.

Return to “Social Concerns”