Is it time for Women's Sports to go Extinct?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Is it time for Women's Sports to go Extinct?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Girls' soccer team not allowed to play because girl looks like a boy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2713 ... like-a-boy
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Why not just add: the World has gone insane. ^^
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JollyGreenBully wrote:I already know you're so totally not transphobic and accepting of people different from yourself, so clearly this article and applicable studies are enough to meet your demands that athletes compete at the same physical level? Or do you still have some problems?

Well I guess I was wrong about the testosterone. If women are okay with competing with the male sex with low testosterone levels and assuming testosterone is the reason men are stronger than women (on average), then sure, let them compete since transgender athletes would not be able to compete with men at that point.

P.S. The opinion piece in the OP is meant to spark debate and discussion, which it has. Without this discussion and without posting it, I would not have known about the testosterone requirements, so thanks for chiming in.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

There's a simple genetic test to determine if a person is male or female. If the test says they're male, they're male, whether they identify as female or male. You can't trick Nature.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

techrtr wrote:There's a simple genetic test to determine if a person is male or female. If the test says they're male, they're male, whether they identify as female or male. You can't trick Nature.

Really? And what happens if the person has had sex reassignment? Would this test show them as having the wrong sex? Not everything is black and white.

I know people (well, a person), who grew up a woman but always felt more like a man. Now in his late 30's, he's undergone lots of hormone treatment and nobody anywhere, would ever look at him and think he might be a woman. If he was trying to play a sport, he would be treated at a Male by all accounts. I don't think he's had body parts changed. What would this test show? Would the test state that he's as male as he looks, feels and identifies as? or would it show what his sex was at birth?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

youjustcomplain wrote:
techrtr wrote:There's a simple genetic test to determine if a person is male or female. If the test says they're male, they're male, whether they identify as female or male. You can't trick Nature.

Really? And what happens if the person has had sex reassignment? Would this test show them as having the wrong sex? Not everything is black and white.

I know people (well, a person), who grew up a woman but always felt more like a man. Now in his late 30's, he's undergone lots of hormone treatment and nobody anywhere, would ever look at him and think he might be a woman. If he was trying to play a sport, he would be treated at a Male by all accounts. I don't think he's had body parts changed. What would this test show? Would the test state that he's as male as he looks, feels and identifies as? or would it show what his sex was at birth?

Well, actually it is pretty black and white. Every cell in a woman's body has two X chromosomes and every cell in a man has one X and one Y chromosome. Surgery and hormones will not affect the chromosomes that determine sex. Your friend might look like a man, but "he" still has two X chromosomes, and thus is a female.

I recently read an article about a transgendered man who is having a baby. They made it sound like he's the first man to carry a baby. Well he's not a man - he's a woman with facial hair and the reproductive organs of a woman. We're taking this crap to the point of absurdity and unfortunately, it's the taxpayers who are paying for it.

Maybe that's why society is getting so messed up - we've become a nation of enablers. No matter how ridiculous the demands, we go along with it now because our leaders are afraid they'll be accused of being homophobic, or rascist or something dumb like that. Tru-doh is the biggest suck-up of them all.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

techrtr wrote:Well, actually it is pretty black and white. Every cell in a woman's body has two X chromosomes and every cell in a man has one X and one Y chromosome. Surgery and hormones will not affect the chromosomes that determine sex. Your friend might look like a man, but "he" still has two X chromosomes, and thus is a female.

I recently read an article about a transgendered man who is having a baby. They made it sound like he's the first man to carry a baby. Well he's not a man - he's a woman with facial hair and the reproductive organs of a woman. We're taking this crap to the point of absurdity and unfortunately, it's the taxpayers who are paying for it.

Maybe that's why society is getting so messed up - we've become a nation of enablers. No matter how ridiculous the demands, we go along with it now because our leaders are afraid they'll be accused of being homophobic, or rascist or something dumb like that. Tru-doh is the biggest suck-up of them all.

My friend looks like a man, identifies as a man, does manly things. For all purposes, he's a man. He might use a toilet differently that most men, but otherwise, he's a man. Nobody should have the right to tell him he's a fake or that he's just posing.

Trans man carrying a baby. Sure. It's neat. It's interesting and I wonder how the lower estrogen and higher testosterone levels work for conception aswell as carrying the baby to term. Why would anyone care that he was born a woman? It's just none of anyones business. How is any of this "crap" or "absurd" as you put it. It's just not main stream. I think it's time you get over it. It's not the same world it once was.

That is why society is messed up? Because people can be transgender?

How should society treat people who are born a man, but always feel like they're a woman in a mans body? Do you realize it causes all sorts of psychological issues, including depression and suicidal ideation? Some of these people do kill themselves. This is thought to have always happened but never before has it been as accepted as it is today. These people can now change their "gender" (not their sex). Believe me. It makes them happier. If they're happy and not at risk of suicide, and their families can be happy, who are you or anyone else to tell them it's crap or absurd?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Who pays for it? What percentage of medical budgets goes towards this kind of "medicine." I wouldn't have a problem with it if recipients went to private clinics and paid for it out of pocket but they don't - the taxpayers do. We have huge wait times for surgery and elderly patients living in hallways. Yet, we can throw money at this kind of stuff. I think our priorities are all messed up.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Oh Christ, the tax payer argument again.

Tell you what. I'll give you your teen buck contribution when you send me ten buck contribution to your and yours health care. Fair?

That's how universal health care works. I probably don't condone some of the things you or yours does or do.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

techrtr wrote:
Well, actually it is pretty black and white. Every cell in a woman's body has two X chromosomes and every cell in a man has one X and one Y chromosome. Surgery and hormones will not affect the chromosomes that determine sex. Your friend might look like a man, but "he" still has two X chromosomes, and thus is a female.

So, how shall we classify a woman who has only X, or she has XXX ?
How shall we classify someone who has XXY, or XXXY, or XYY ?
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Sex and Gender are vastly differing in both design and nature. Start there...
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
techrtr wrote:

So, how shall we classify a woman who has only X, or she has XXX ?
How shall we classify someone who has XXY, or XXXY, or XYY ?

Someone with Klinefelter Syndrome is still male. I won't go into the rest of it because it's pointless.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

so it's black and white, until we get to the grey part of your simple equation (female =xx, male =xy , you said it, not me), then it's suddenly pointless. Then there are the cases which are not grey, but striped, like a zebra,(they have male AND female cells within the same person) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46,_XX/XY
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Silverstarqueen wrote:so it's black and white, until we get to the grey part of your simple equation (female =xx, male =xy , you said it, not me), then it's suddenly pointless. Then there are the cases which are not grey, but striped, like a zebra,(they have male AND female cells within the same person) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46,_XX/XY

Ahh yes, the Hermaphrodite. That's a totally different situation. There you have a physical and genetic contradiction. I don't have a problem with corrective surgery or hormone therapy in that case
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
Glacier wrote:Let him disrobe in front of you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/7/andraya-yearwood-transgender-athlete-stars-on-fema/

Andraya, who has access to the female locker room but changes privately

She - not him - is changing privately

Sorry, but 'she' is really a 'he', at least until his chromosomes are changed to XX along with whatever else. Basic biology that hasn't yet been banned by the Left.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014

Return to “Social Concerns”