The ugly in today's society...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
perspicacious
Board Meister

The ugly in today's society...

Post by perspicacious »

When I read things like this, it angers me. This person has no respect for anything or anyone. What kind of person does this to another living thing?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/200020 ... n-from-car
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Re: The ugly in today's society...

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

I read that too, this person should be jailed and banned for life to come within 100 meters of any other mammal.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

perspicacious wrote:When I read things like this, it angers me. This person has no respect for anything or anyone. What kind of person does this to another living thing?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/200020 ... n-from-car

I found the headline to be too much for me to read more than that. People do really awful things to one another and to other animals.
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

I agree. I almost didn't click the link either but I think in my mind I thought maybe it was a dog that accidentally got tossed out of the back of a truck after it hit some bump not intentionally thrown out and left to fend for itself after such a traumatic event. I try to avoid reading about the deterioration of our human race as much as possible. But it's impossible, we are bombarded with :cuss: things people do. One of the other headlines this morning about a man doing indecent activities in his car parked outside a playground. Shameful
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

perspicacious wrote:I agree. I almost didn't click the link either but I think in my mind I thought maybe it was a dog that accidentally got tossed out of the back of a truck after it hit some bump not intentionally thrown out and left to fend for itself after such a traumatic event. I try to avoid reading about the deterioration of our human race as much as possible. But it's impossible, we are bombarded with :cuss: things people do. One of the other headlines this morning about a man doing indecent activities in his car parked outside a playground. Shameful

Well, unless you wanna be really jaded about the state of humanity, I might suggest limiting your time on these forums.

The way people tend to treat each other here -- and the things they say about each other, to each other, and about certain populations -- tends to show the true ugly in our city, much less society as a whole.

Random, but virtually inarguable upon review of several threads and posts by a few key characters...
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

foodsmith wrote:
perspicacious wrote:I agree. I almost didn't click the link either but I think in my mind I thought maybe it was a dog that accidentally got tossed out of the back of a truck after it hit some bump not intentionally thrown out and left to fend for itself after such a traumatic event. I try to avoid reading about the deterioration of our human race as much as possible. But it's impossible, we are bombarded with :cuss: things people do. One of the other headlines this morning about a man doing indecent activities in his car parked outside a playground. Shameful

Well, unless you wanna be really jaded about the state of humanity, I might suggest limiting your time on these forums.

The way people tend to treat each other here -- and the things they say about each other, to each other, and about certain populations -- tends to show the true ugly in our city, much less society as a whole.

Random, but virtually inarguable upon review of several threads and posts by a few key characters...

It's not these forums, it's almost any forums.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

StraitTalk wrote:It's not these forums, it's almost any forums.

It really is anywhere in which people feel anonymous enough to share how they really feel. It's amazing actually. I really like it. How often do you get to see how others really feel? You go to a party and hear people talking, but how much of it is fake? The people with a different opinion from the rest often say nothing, or are just very gentle in their approach. Online though, we're all free to say what we really think. Thankfully, we have moderators to keep it somewhat civil. :)
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:I read that too, this person should be jailed and banned for life to come within 100 meters of any other mammal.

or, toss him out of a moving vehicle
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The dog that got thrown out the window has a new home and is adjusting nicely. Also has a playmate that welcomed the dog into the home - a huge Alaskan Malamute.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3546503/castl ... ar-window/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I hate to say it, but I believe most of us have some ugly in us if the right subject comes up. I admit there are times when I hold myself back even on the net just because I feel it is proper. The big thing is even if I am unhappy about something I would never do any of the stupid things that so many seem capable of doing. I can't believe the absolutely stupid things that people do, like the one that we are discussing here.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

That's nothing compared to the psycho who left a small dog to die in a dog kennel off the side of the Coq a few years ago. You have to be a special kind of evil or stupid to do something like that.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Smurf wrote:I hate to say it, but I believe most of us have some ugly in us if the right subject comes up.

My ugliness would result in a world utopia. I wouldn't feel bad at all if I could kill off half the population of our species and would gladly order their deaths lol :-)

Pedophiles
Rapists
Animal abusers
Drug traffickers
Anyone with more than 3 felony/indictable convictions
Black market animal trade

Those people are all top of the list and would put a big dent in our population already
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

good god, I hope half of the worlds population doesn't consist of people on that short list ! yikes !! lol
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Fancy wrote:The dog that got thrown out the window has a new home and is adjusting nicely. Also has a playmate that welcomed the dog into the home - a huge Alaskan Malamute.

I got this little wet spot in my eye now.
Black Dogs Matter
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Fancy wrote:The dog that got thrown out the window has a new home and is adjusting nicely. Also has a playmate that welcomed the dog into the home - a huge Alaskan Malamute.

She is being fostered by Eve Turner, her husband, Castlegar RCMP Cpl. Brett Turner, and their dog, Phoenix.

**Hopefully this will be classified as a foster fail.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.

Return to “Social Concerns”