KSS Greystokes Grad Party

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: KSS Greystokes Grad Party

Post by fvkasm2x »

gman313 wrote:don't paint everyone with the same brush. I am all for these parties

maybe if we supported and gave the youth a spot closer to town for this it wouldn't be overrun by adults and drug dealers. hmmmmm

harm reduction anyone

I don't know... when I was 16/17 we went to a lot of senior/grad parties in the bush.

Underage drinking, fights and sex. Probably some sexual assaults, before that kind of thing really came to the forefront of social awareness. This was in the mid 90s, so imagine what they're like now?

I can't imagine things are any better with kids, in fact... I bet they're even worse.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I'm guessing "Fancy" that you also didn't find any case law about off premises parties without specific hosts? I notice the links you provided as well @ Fancy didn't really address liability of off-site functions where parents did not supply the booze.

Again, sometimes we take our assumptions about legality from US television and not what is happening in the Canadian courts. Also again, this doesn't mean that you wouldn't be the exceptional precident setting case.

But until insurance companies (who lets face it - have better lawyers than anyone) come out with a statement that is specific to these kind of parties...I would encourage my teens to self-organize internal party-checks where some sober older kids could supervise somewhat and parents could have drop off and pick up points.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:I'm guessing "Fancy" that you also didn't find any case law about off premises parties without specific hosts? I notice the links you provided as well @ Fancy didn't really address liability of off-site functions where parents did not supply the booze.
I'm not looking. Not everything is available on the internet and I don't pay attention to US law - only Canadian.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Yup, thats pretty much what it looks like, thus the reason I think they should be outlawed because these "young adults" can't party without littering a huge are to have fun.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

UltraViolet wrote:Yup, thats pretty much what it looks like, thus the reason I think they should be outlawed because these "young adults" can't party without littering a huge are to have fun.

Well, they are "outlawed" underage drinking is against the law.
But if youre suggesting there ought to be a law against teenagers camping, that's just silly.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What_the wrote:But if youre suggesting there ought to be a law against teenagers camping, that's just silly.

Doesn't look like a sanctioned campsite to me.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

What_the wrote:But if youre suggesting there ought to be a law against teenagers camping, that's just silly.

I don't have a problem with anyone camping, but group littering by a bunch of out of control partiers is what this thread is all about. I have been to this location dozens of time over the last 15 years, and it is always a mess left by Grad partiers.
The last big cleanup was done by the Kelowna Snowmobile club, once again, after a huge party hosted by teenagers with hormone issues.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

actually the last cleanup after a grad party was done by a group of kids that was up there partying a day or so later don't be so quick to hate on them
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

LTD wrote:actually the last cleanup after a grad party was done by a group of kids that was up there partying a day or so later don't be so quick to hate on them

Until they learn to understand the rule of "leave a place cleaner then when you got there" I will never show them any respect!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

as I said you shouldn't be so quick to hate all cleaned up I guess for some its just easier to paint everyone with the same brush
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

LTD wrote:as I said you shouldn't be so quick to hate all cleaned up I guess for some its just easier to paint everyone with the same brush

Yup, I paint all those who litter with the same brush, you got that right!
And for the record, I never once said "hate", you did!
CharmedCat

Post by CharmedCat »

Why is it everyone forgets they were young once too? Grad parties are a coming of age social event. And yes they always leave a mess but how many of you parents are bringing your children back to clean it up? 1 grad president Ben Main and his friend Alex Wilson went on their own recognizance and cleaned up the mess. They need to be recognized for this. And parents need to step up and teach their children to clean up after themselves. Grad will always be a part of life so instead of complaining every year try to do something proactive about it. Make a presentation and talk to the students on their turf. I'm quite sure the school board would be happy to allow you to present your case as it happens every year. Once again great job BEN MAIN and ALEX WILSON
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

UltraViolet wrote:
LTD wrote:as I said you shouldn't be so quick to hate all cleaned up I guess for some its just easier to paint everyone with the same brush

Yup, I paint all those who litter with the same brush, you got that right!
And for the record, I never once said "hate", you did!

all you've done is spew hate towards young people partying I can choose a different word if it makes ya feel better and for the record I don't agree with the mess that was left behind either but to paint em all with the same brush isn't fair I guess you were never young or never had any fun musta been boring :130:

Return to “Social Concerns”