BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Post by Barney Google »

Well, this is going to be interesting.

I'm not sure what to think and would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Would it be harder on a child growing up not being treated as a boy or girl or harder growing up

not specified and having to explain and deal with that all the time.

I am unable, at the moment, to post the news story links but it was on Global last week and this

morning CNN has a story on it. Will post when I am able...unless someone else does/can before me.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Post by fvkasm2x »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3568563/bc-ba ... er-marker/

I don't get it. I don't think I ever will.

Penis = boy
Vagina = girl

I guess I'm just weird.

If you are a boy and want to like other boys... cool. Gay people are like me, just attracted to a different sex. Boys AND girls? Sure, whatever floats your boat. Sleep with whoever you want. Oh well.

If you are a boy and want to dress up like a girl ... cool. Some people like collars, tight jeans and/or the color yellow. Wear what you want.

If you are a boy and tell me you're a girl... that's just not true. You're one or the other... unless of course you're a hermaphropdite and THEN if you want to choose one or the other, that makes sense.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

fvkasm2x wrote:http://globalnews.ca/news/3568563/bc-baby-first-to-get-health-card-without-gender-marker/

I don't get it. I don't think I ever will.

Penis = boy
Vagina = girl

I guess I'm just weird.

If you are a boy and want to like other boys... cool. Gay people are like me, just attracted to a different sex. Boys AND girls? Sure, whatever floats your boat. Sleep with whoever you want. Oh well.

If you are a boy and want to dress up like a girl ... cool. Some people like collars, tight jeans and/or the color yellow. Wear what you want.

If you are a boy and tell me you're a girl... that's just not true. You're one or the other... unless of course you're a hermaphropdite and THEN if you want to choose one or the other, that makes sense.

Thanks for posting the link fvkasm2x...appreciate it!

I tend to agree with your comments.

What I'm muddling over is how will this effect the child?

I mean, being The First non-gender identified child?

I'm thinking of how this will impact the child and at what point will he/she or neither will this new person be allowed to choose?

In many ways this is going to be a daily battle for this couple and their child.

With life having plenty of challenges already why would anyone want to wish that on themselves or their child?

Is it for purely true noble reasons or for notoriety?

I'm thinking if this child displays strong gender specific behaviour will that be nurtured or will neutrality continue to

be pushed? I'm imagining what school will be like for this gender neutral child...not only on the child but on other

children and how they will interact and treat each other. Kids will be kids and are amazingly resilient but all children

do benefit from stability and a strong sense of personal self and belonging.

Thoughts?

Anyone?

Everyone?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Well I don't think the ID matters in the long wrong.

Someone raised in a house that believes in Jesus, will probably become religious because of the parental teachings.

Someone born in a KKK house will probably hate black people.

Someone raised by a transgender mustache wearing woman like this "U" baby is going to do, will turn out similar to the parents. The media involvement, the ID card, etc... all doesn't matter at all really.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Genitals are about sex.

How you "feel" is about gender.

The first people brave enough to socially experiment things are brave and pave the new world order. Sometimes the new paradigms work and endure, other times...not so much.

Language pronouns will catch up and be less awkward sounding to our ears.

When a child raised this way wants to - they can and will choose, or not choose. We can't assume damage here because we are afraid of it. As long as the individual child's choice is respected when and if they take a position (and even if their choice becomes not to chose or to stay fluid) there is nothing to fear here.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Genitals are about sex.

How you "feel" is about gender.

The first people brave enough to socially experiment things are brave and pave the new world order. Sometimes the new paradigms work and endure, other times...not so much.

Language pronouns will catch up and be less awkward sounding to our ears.

When a child raised this way wants to - they can and will choose, or not choose. We can't assume damage here because we are afraid of it. As long as the individual child's choice is respected when and if they take a position (and even if their choice becomes not to chose or to stay fluid) there is nothing to fear here.

What a load of nonsense. It's almost as if there is nothing else important going on in the world and people need to do weird things to stand out and make history. Take the pressure off this subject, stop informing me of your views and let your private life be private, I don't care what you refer to yourself as or who you choose to love.

Stop imposing this on children, they deserve to be given a normal childhood and then choose later if they want to become like the 10% or less of the population who are in the LGBT community.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Barney Google wrote:Well, this is going to be interesting.

I'm not sure what to think and would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Would it be harder on a child growing up not being treated as a boy or girl or harder growing up

not specified and having to explain and deal with that all the time.

I am unable, at the moment, to post the news story links but it was on Global last week and this

morning CNN has a story on it. Will post when I am able...unless someone else does/can before me.

I don't think a hard piece of plastic with an M,F, or nothing would make life harder or easier for anyone. I like to think they will be judged on their merits as a human and how they treat others, regardless of what a piece of plastic from the government says.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Sparki55 wrote:Stop imposing this on children, they deserve to be given a normal childhood and then choose later if they want to become like the 10% or less of the population who are in the LGBT community.

I really wish people would stop saying people choose to be LGBTQ. They're born that way, it's not a choice.

No one is imposing anything on children, people are just dealing with reality. If you don't like it then you're on the wrong planet.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

gman313 wrote:
I don't think a hard piece of plastic with an M,F, or nothing would make life harder or easier for anyone. I like to think they will be judged on their merits as a human and how they treat others, regardless of what a piece of plastic from the government says.

Hummm...I'm more concerned about what the reactions will be from society in general with regards to this.

How will schools and youth groups handle non-gender specified children?

The card would have little impact...who sees that? Drs....medical staff...perhaps schools and youth groups.
- Unknown
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

richardclank wrote:
No one is imposing anything on children, people are just dealing with reality. If you don't like it then you're on the wrong planet.

When people are refusing to call their babies boys or girls and are instead calling them "undetermined" or whatever else it is they say... that is imposing in itself.

You're robbing the child of a "normal" life where they are simply boys or girls, based on science and genetics... not feelings
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Society dictating how each gender is supposed to act, feel, what jobs they're supposed to have and what sexual relationships they're supposed to have is imposing stereotypes and standards and keeping people from having "normal" lives.

Parents butting out of the situation and letting their kid decide how to act and feel about this is the opposite of imposing.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

I was discussing this with some people over the long weekend. The interesting question that was raised was:

Why does a birth certificate or any ID need to list gender at all? That argument to me seems a lot more valid than parents not wanting to force gender identification on a child.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

richardclank wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:Stop imposing this on children, they deserve to be given a normal childhood and then choose later if they want to become like the 10% or less of the population who are in the LGBT community.

I really wish people would stop saying people choose to be LGBTQ. They're born that way, it's not a choice.

Gotta like this twice. Like.
Most people you talk to know very, very early in life that they are attracted or not to whichever sex. They didn't choose it later. Maybe they chose to come out later. Some do, like our new resident RichardClank here, and some never do.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

slootman wrote:I was discussing this with some people over the long weekend. The interesting question that was raised was:

Why does a birth certificate or any ID need to list gender at all? That argument to me seems a lot more valid than parents not wanting to force gender identification on a child.

Right, to whom is this helpful to exactly?

Law Enforcement?
Border control?
Military enrollment?
Employers?

But what difference is it making?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Nut-bars and their social experiments......
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Social Concerns”