BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Post by fvkasm2x »

richardclank wrote:Could it be that you're quick to call people mentally ill? Do you have any qualifications whatsoever that deem you capable of diagnosing a mental illness?

Not that you'll care or believe me... but I have a BA degree in Psych and my job has me liaise with Alberta Health Services, John Howard, Elizabeth Fry and Alberta Corrections in getting mental health and addictions persons the help they need to reduce recidivism and stay out of jail.

Literally every waking moment of my job has me dealing with vulnerable mental health and addicted persons.

I guess what I'm really frustrated about, is that if this kind of behavior becomes "normal" then we're forced to get rid of cinematic gems like this:

Last edited by fvkasm2x on Jul 7th, 2017, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

richardclank wrote:I always love hearing stories about parents fighting over gender-acceptable activities and mindsets. Please let me know how it goes "not standing for" parents pushing gender-fluidity. Just from volunteering at schools around here and working with kids at KGH, there are quite a few parents out there pushing this 'nonsense' as you call it. I'm sure they'd all love to hear what you think of them and how you won't stand for how they're raising their children.

I really do not care if they want to hear from me or not. I am forced to hear from them, in the news, in schools, etc. Why my opinion is deemed wrong and theres is deemed the new acceptable way is wrong, what happened in inclusiveness for all. Religion was moved out of school because not all supported it and now gender fluidity is being pushed onto young kids in school with no consent from parents who choose not to believe kids need that at such a young age, or at all. I'd love to hear from them on how they are right and that this will not confuse kids more. Kids have enough to deal with. If at some point in their adolescence they feel they were born a little different than the typical boy or girl, our society is more than accepting of them and they should feel free to love who they choose.

If you believe there are 100+ genders then I realize you don't see it my way and have already been pressured into thinking that everyone needs to be labeled.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

fvkasm2x wrote:Not that you'll care or believe me... but I have a BA degree in Psych and my job has me liaise with Alberta Health Services, John Howard, Elizabeth Fry and Alberta Corrections in getting mental health and addictions persons the help they need to reduce recidivism and stay out of jail.

I asked if you have qualifications for diagnosing people with mental illnesses. Psychiatrists and psychologists diagnose illnesses - not people with undergrad degrees in psychology. And thank god people with only undergrad degrees aren't in a position to diagnose, as it takes years of specific training and skills to be able to do so.

If you want to go around claiming everyone you don't like or supports gender issues you don't like is mentally ill, that's your business I guess. But please don't act like you have any training whatsoever to back up your offensive claims.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Haven't read through all these posts, but just popping in with an opinion.

Children don't wear their birth certificates on their sleeves for everyone to see.

They are for medical reasons, registrations at school, perhaps some government ID i.e. passport.

It is professional people who see the birth certificates; not every Tom, Dick, Harry and town gossiper.

So what difference does it make?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

richardclank wrote:
If you want to go around claiming everyone you don't like or supports gender issues you don't like is mentally ill, that's your business I guess. But please don't act like you have any training whatsoever to back up your offensive claims.

Big shock. Another exaggeration and/or flat out lie. I said this one person... not "everyone" and as i said, it has nothing to do with liking or agree with them. But go ahead and make things up. It's what you do best.

You asked if I had qualifications. I think a Pscyh degree and 5 years at my current job dealing with mental health clients gives me a bit more qualifications than you and most others on the forum for this topic, but you're right... I'm not a doctor. I should definitely take a back seat to your professional experience as an EI claimant.

I don't know why I did add you to my ban list again as soon as I found out you were back under another name. I'll do that now.
My mistake. You have nothing better to do that come here and lie, make things up and play the victim. Go get a job and live life man. There's more to it than internet trolling
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

fvkasm2x wrote:The one parent we've seen and heard from seems mentally ill to me. But that comes down to my own views on the whole gender fluid, transperson, gender queer, intersex nonsense.

Can we cut the crap please? You say right here that you're calling the parent mentally ill because of your views on gender. They don't align with the parent's views, so instead of creating a real argument, you chose to call the person mentally ill.

This has nothing to do with trolling, nothing to do with a victim mentality. It has to do with you calling people mentally ill because you disagree with them. It's beyond offensive.

Can we please keep this discussion civil and not start making personal jabs and call the parents names and make false accusations because we don't like their views? I'd appreciate it if at least one LGBTQ topic didn't end in some disaster and then gets locked because people can't discuss these issues in an adult manner.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Some people claim they are aliens or reincarnated animals. Perhaps there should be no designation until people decide whether they feel they're even human. Seeing as it's a mad, mad, mad world, it should work!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

zzontar wrote:Some people claim they are aliens or reincarnated animals. Perhaps there should be no designation until people decide whether they feel they're even human. Seeing as it's a mad, mad, mad world, it should work!

We're talking about actual humans, not aliens and animals.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

richardclank wrote:
I asked if you have qualifications for diagnosing people with mental illnesses. Psychiatrists and psychologists diagnose illnesses - not people with undergrad degrees in psychology. And thank god people with only undergrad degrees aren't in a position to diagnose, as it takes years of specific training and skills to be able to do so.

Aren't you also an undergrad?
I'm just trying to determine your qualifications.
I think i recall when you were here under another user name mentioning it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

richardclank wrote:

There's no difference to me.
They all have the same right to live.

Humans are nothing special.
They'll be gone, and there'll be the same species that preceded them still surviving.
As smart as humans are, they can't even outdo cockroaches.

But non gender identified baby health cards make us superior.
Lol.
There's probably more worthy contributions to be made to humanities knowledge bank.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

richardclank wrote:

We're talking about what people identify themselves as.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

zzontar wrote:We're talking about what people identify themselves as.

How many people are identifying as animals and aliens? I've never heard of such a case. It feels like you're exaggerating. Do people also identify as trains? What about houses?

I don't really care. I just like the idea of allowing a child to learn about gender without any sort of imposition.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

richardclank wrote:
zzontar wrote:We're talking about what people identify themselves as.

I don't really care. I just like the idea of allowing a child to learn about gender without any sort of imposition.

I believe this was tried many times over by hippies from the 60s. The genderless imposition.
I may have the book, "The Boy Who was Raised as a Girl."

But I'll bet there a thousand links to studies and antedotal essays about this very subject. It's not far fetched is what I'm saying to say it's been tried numerous times.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

I've only read part of the book you're talking about but I don't remember it having anything to do with not imposing gender values on children. Once again, it's the complete opposite - the parents decide to raise a child as girl, so stereotypical girl thinking, toys, and suitable occupations for girls all come into play.

The parent who is being discussed in this topic, from my understanding, wants to not impose any sort of gender 'rules' whatsoever.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Queen K wrote:But I'll bet there a thousand links to studies and antedotal essays about this very subject. It's not far fetched is what I'm saying to say it's been tried numerous times.

It probably has been tried, but now it's making the news and making people think and question gender roles, or at least it should be. Not really sure if it is when people just want to accuse the parent of being mentally ill.

Return to “Social Concerns”