BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: BC First to get Non-Gender Identified Baby Health Card

Post by fvkasm2x »

richardclank wrote:
How many people are identifying as animals and aliens? I've never heard of such a case. It feels like you're exaggerating. Do people also identify as trains? What about houses?

I don't really care. I just like the idea of allowing a child to learn about gender without any sort of imposition.

More than you think. These kind of people are out there. Right now, you would watch this and probably think she's messed in the head. Well, you might not... since that thinking offends you.

But trust me, 99% of the world would think she has a problem. Fast forward 10 years and this will be the new norm, since everyone will get bored of the current "identity" debate

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:200: And I thought I was bad.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Even if she was a cat she'd still have to put that she's a Female.

So is it now LGBTQIA and sometimes U ?

If i were a politician i think i'd have a panic attack every time i had to recite that in a speech for fear of screwing it up.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

jimmy4321 wrote:Even if she was a cat she'd still have to put that she's a Female.

So is it now LGBTQIA and sometimes U ?

If i were a politician i think i'd have a panic attack every time i had to recite that in a speech for fear of screwing it up.

Maybe "M" for mammal?

R for reptile? lol

Add a bunch of animals on there
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Ugh..this entire thing is ridiculous!

How about we review all ID and any fields with the term 'Gender' we change to 'Sex' - then we use whatever is between your legs as the defining factor.
Penis = Male
Vagina = Female
Any combo packages = Otmale (that's a combo of 'other' and 'male') (and now we need a NEW pronoun, so how about "Ohe', a combo of 'Otmale' and 'he'.

Nobody gives a flying crap what you feel like, we don't need U's and A's and Z's and gawd knows what else on our ID. And get out of here with the slaughtering of the english language regarding pronouns...such as 'they' or 'it' to refer to one person who identifies as whatever they identify with. Shut up and get a grip!

Just imagining a conversation using the 'they' or 'it' pronoun for a 'Otmale'.
Hey can it help us today?
What do you mean 'it'?
Oh I mean Terry
Are you calling Terry it?
Yes, Terry identifies with it
Terry identifies with what?
Terry's identifies with the U gender
*bleep* are you talking about?

You want to change all the pronouns? EXPECT confusion, and A LOT of laughing because it sounds incredibly stupid, pick a name for 'Other', pick a NEW word for the pronoun! And let's get back to business, your gender is not so important that we need to rewrite the dictionary for you.

they
T͟Hā/
pronoun
pronoun: they

used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
"the two men could get life sentences if they are convicted"
people in general.
"the rest, as they say, is history"
informal
a group of people in authority regarded collectively.
"they cut my water off"
used to refer to a person of unspecified gender.
"ask someone if they could help"

it
it/
pronoun
pronoun: it

used to refer to a thing previously mentioned or easily identified.
"a room with two beds in it"
referring to an animal or child of unspecified sex.
"she was holding the baby, cradling it and smiling into its face"
referring to a fact or situation previously mentioned, known, or happening.
"stop it, you're hurting me"
used to identify a person.
"it's me"
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think it's idiotic. I suppose some crunchy granola throwback doesn't want their child pigeonholed or something like that but genetics don't lie - you're a boy or a girl. This whole PC nonsense is being taken to the point of absurdity.
Hermes
Fledgling

Post by Hermes »

I am a social liberal and I find it absurd and tantamount to cruelty to the child. Look up Jordan Peterson. Canada is becoming the laughing stock of the world.
redwine

Post by redwine »

Growing up my sister so badly wanted to be a boy - only had male friends, thought my dolls were silly, kept her hair short., despised the colour pink, loved cars and transformers. We just called her a tom-boy. She was like this through puberty but when highschool hit all of a sudden she was all female, even all these years later she loves dressing up and putting on make up etc... I wonder if at the age of ten had my parents asked her if she wanted to be a boy, her answer most certainly would have been YES - where she would be now?
perhaps the straight and narrow would be wider if more people used it
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

redwine wrote:Growing up my sister so badly wanted to be a boy - only had male friends, thought my dolls were silly, kept her hair short., despised the colour pink, loved cars and transformers. We just called her a tom-boy. She was like this through puberty but when highschool hit all of a sudden she was all female, even all these years later she loves dressing up and putting on make up etc... I wonder if at the age of ten had my parents asked her if she wanted to be a boy, her answer most certainly would have been YES - where she would be now?

This is actually a very very good post.

I went to school with a couple of girls like this. Nobody ever looked twice at them and never had boyfriends grade 8-11 or so. As soon as puberty took over (and of course, got boobs), EVERYONE wanted to be with them and they were smoking hot. From tomboy to total 10's.

Definitely would've been a different scenario today.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

I personally don't think that children should be permitted to make this decision. I know there are the rare cases where a trans person knows from a young age that they don't feel right in their bodies but lots of the time, it's like the couple of posts above.
I had a male friend who loved wearing his mothers makeup (she was an avon lady and had heaps)and dressing up in her clothes. all of his friends were female. We played dressup all the time, and he quite often adopted a female role when playing house. If asked, he might have said yes, I wanna be a girl for real.
As an adult, he's definitely all male, but he still wears makeup and dresses up and loves to perform on stage. Has a lovely wife and 3 kids.
Like the decision doctors force upon women who want to get their tubes tied to prevent children because they might regret it.
I think that people should be adults and be mature before they make the decision to drastically alter their physiology.
I know it makes the transition easier to get it done before puberty hits but... no
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

What exactly are you opposed to children "choosing"? Because in this case, the parents are expressing their wish for their child to be fluid until the child is wanting to choose. This doesn't mean that a child will be encouraged to do any drastic body modifications.

Even if a small child expresses themselves as trans, this doesn't require any changes to their bodies for many years (if ever). If a child has made a choice they may choose to express their choice using clothing and hair style which is all easily disregarded if they change their minds.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:What exactly are you opposed to children "choosing"?

I'm opposed to "children" making decisions that will affect the rest of their lives when they're not emotionally mature enough to do so.
I do not believe that in this case, a parent or a counselor is able to make this decision for them either.
Right now, in BC, a child can go and get puberty blockers or hormone therapy after consultation. This is not just choosing to dress as different gender.
I have nothing against people being transgendered, that's not what this is about. I have a problem with children with their parents' permission playing fast and loose with their hormones and bodies. It's just a recipe for disaster
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Social Concerns”