44511

Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby richardclank » Jul 8th, 2017, 9:45 am

Glacier wrote:
richardclank wrote:Are you suggesting trans people become trans due to abuse?

In many cases, probably. Becoming trans is how some people deal with the trauma.


I could type pages here on how you're wrong, but do yourself a favor and use google sometime. Unbelievable how in an age where any question can be answered within seconds that people hold views from the 1900's.
richardclank
Fledgling
 
Posts: 137
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 89 posts
Joined: Jun 27th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby TylerM4 » Jul 8th, 2017, 10:01 am

You see naked people in shower houses. That's how it's always been.
If you want the choice of which bathroom/shower room, or you want unisex than you're going to have to deal with seeing people of the opposite sex.

Me personally, I'd rather see naked women than naked men so I'm all for it. I'd also much rather have a women looking at me when naked than some dude. But at the end of the day - At the worst someone is going to see you naked. Big deal. People are such prudes :-X

Bman likes this post.
TylerM4
Übergod
 
Posts: 1091
Likes: 265 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Feb 27th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Jlabute » Jul 8th, 2017, 10:31 am

Glacier wrote:Let's say The Green Barbarian identifies as a woman. Would you behave like a bigot by refusing him in your shower while you're there, or would you do the politically correct thing by pretending you're not uncomfortable?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new ... n-showers/


I've seen this, in the movie Starship Troopers in a group shower :-) it was a happy butt slapping scene.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.
User avatar
Jlabute
Übergod
 
Posts: 1105
Likes: 531 posts
Liked in: 617 posts
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Piecemaker » Jul 8th, 2017, 10:33 am

Glacier wrote:Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.
You are disagreeing with yourself. You say trans are victims which is probably why they are trans in the first place. That would be their coping mechanism then, not abusing others. While many who abuse others have been abused themselves, that doesn't mean that all abused people abuse others.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
User avatar
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11351
Likes: 1719 posts
Liked in: 1357 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2007, 7:43 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Glacier » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Piecemaker wrote:
Glacier wrote:Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.
You are disagreeing with yourself. You say trans are victims which is probably why they are trans in the first place. That would be their coping mechanism then, not abusing others. While many who abuse others have been abused themselves, that doesn't mean that all abused people abuse others.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.

No, I'm not saying transsexuals are more likely to abuse. I never said that. I said that people in general who are abused grow up to be abuses in higher numbers than the general public. Despite what Milo says, there's no evidence that transsexuals are more likely to abuse.

Piecemaker likes this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25562
Likes: 2281 posts
Liked in: 7691 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby forum » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:
Would I want to shower with a trans-woman? Sure.



Just admit. You're curious. Peeker.

Bman likes this post.
User avatar
forum
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4937
Likes: 816 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby forum » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Amazing how people pretend to forget that grown men only think one thing when they see a naked woman.

averagejoe likes this post.
User avatar
forum
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4937
Likes: 816 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby whatwhat » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:32 pm

forum wrote:Amazing how people pretend to forget that grown men only think one thing when they see a naked woman.


Amazing how people think that grown men are idiots and have zero self control.
hail Satan y'all

JLives likes this post.
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2904
Likes: 2548 posts
Liked in: 2000 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:06 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby kgcayenne » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Nope.

Let's put it this way: I don't use public showers because I don't fancy being nude with anyone other than my spouse. There's nothing bad, or discriminatory about my preference.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12706
Likes: 1568 posts
Liked in: 3340 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 5:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Queen K » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Jlabute wrote:
Glacier wrote:Let's say The Green Barbarian identifies as a woman. Would you behave like a bigot by refusing him in your shower while you're there, or would you do the politically correct thing by pretending you're not uncomfortable?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new ... n-showers/


I've seen this, in the movie Starship Troopers in a group shower :-) it was a happy butt slapping scene.


The Green Barbarian was in Starship Troopers? Is it available on Netflix? :popcorn:
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

Jlabute likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48362
Likes: 8625 posts
Liked in: 9471 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby forum » Jul 8th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.

sobrohusfat likes this post.
User avatar
forum
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4937
Likes: 816 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jul 8th, 2017, 3:38 pm

[/quote]
Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.[/quote]

* There are no documented increases in the US States who have gender neutral washrooms from cis gendered males looking to molest women and children.

* There are no documented increases in sexual assaults of women and children in states with gender neutral washrooms from trans-women.

* There is no evidence to suggest tran-people are trans "because" they are abuse survivors. However you are correct that they are more likely to suffer violence because they're trans.

There is however evidence suggesting that trans-people may have a brain that responds closer to the gender with which they identify than their biological birthright. Ths suggests that some trans-people may be biologically inclined to feel the way they do for no other reason than they were born this way.

The misinformation is staggering.

2 people like this post.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 494
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 473 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 11:15 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby TylerM4 » Jul 8th, 2017, 3:55 pm

forum wrote:Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.


The problem is that only creepers hang out in a "women only" change room. Make it a unisex room and women won't care if a man walks in. They're all over Europe.

whatwhat likes this post.
TylerM4
Übergod
 
Posts: 1091
Likes: 265 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Feb 27th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby whatwhat » Jul 8th, 2017, 4:33 pm

forum wrote:Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.


Your original commented mentioned nothing about change rooms, just the overall behaviour about men. It is sad you think so little about the male population :( There are uni-sex bathrooms starting to popup in town, and non-creep/perverted men have been able to hold themselves back long enough to pee. Magical.

And as TylerM4 said, only creepers would hang out in a change room labelled "women only" (yes, trans-women included). A creeper will be a creeper no matter what.
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2904
Likes: 2548 posts
Liked in: 2000 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 9:06 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby forum » Jul 8th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Okay. So buddy walks into the public shower and his bosses wife is bent over washing her ankles, and he's going to be a grown man and not bring it up at the next Christmas Party after a few too many beers? Uh huh.
User avatar
forum
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4937
Likes: 816 posts
Liked in: 1095 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 8:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests