45171
44249

Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby whatwhat » Jul 9th, 2017, 3:22 pm

forum wrote:Can't Transgender just use the handicapped bathroom?


Well they aren't handicapped, and probably not great to take an essential service away from someone who may actually need it.

And if you (and others) are truly so uncomfortable with possibly maybe sharing a bathroom with a transgender person you could always use the handicap bathroom yourself.
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2897
Likes: 2504 posts
Liked in: 1995 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:06 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby forum » Jul 9th, 2017, 8:15 pm

User avatar
forum
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4683
Likes: 796 posts
Liked in: 1062 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Sparki55 » Jul 10th, 2017, 8:39 am

whatwhat wrote:
If you can't see a naked women without popping a boner and having no other choice then to verbally, sexually, or physically assault her do society a favour and lock yourself up.


You are completely comfortable with accepting people for who they are and what they are born like. Someone who is born win a male exterior but feels like a women, this isn't strange to you it's just how they are born. Then you turn around and say men who are aroused (get a boner) are terrible people for being turned on by what they like (naked women). We're smart enough as a society not to act on the urges and have laws in place to protect against sexual abuse but it's in our nature to be aroused. Don't shame the straight guys for being men.
Sparki55
Fledgling
 
Posts: 209
Likes: 253 posts
Liked in: 125 posts
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby whatwhat » Jul 10th, 2017, 8:42 am

So people don't want creepy perverts trying to cross dress and pretend to be transgender in the bathrooms. Seems about right.

How about we look at some actual transgender people shall we...
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

You've been using transgender bathrooms with people forever forum, it just isn't always easy to tell. If you really need a safe space though, I'd still recommend the handicap bathroom.
hail Satan y'all

Poindexter likes this post.
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2897
Likes: 2504 posts
Liked in: 1995 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:06 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby whatwhat » Jul 10th, 2017, 8:46 am

Sparki55 wrote:
whatwhat wrote:
If you can't see a naked women without popping a boner and having no other choice then to verbally, sexually, or physically assault her do society a favour and lock yourself up.


You are completely comfortable with accepting people for who they are and what they are born like. Someone who is born win a male exterior but feels like a women, this isn't strange to you it's just how they are born. Then you turn around and say men who are aroused (get a boner) are terrible people for being turned on by what they like (naked women). We're smart enough as a society not to act on the urges and have laws in place to protect against sexual abuse but it's in our nature to be aroused. Don't shame the straight guys for being men.


You seemed to skip over the part where I said "have no other choice to verbally, sexually, or physically assault her" because they are attracted to her. I never said men who are attracted to women are terrible people, please read the entire post before taking one line out of context. Thanks.
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2897
Likes: 2504 posts
Liked in: 1995 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:06 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby StraitTalk » Jul 12th, 2017, 1:48 am

Glacier wrote:No one said it's okay to molest anyone. Put yourself in the shoes of a woman. Some guy is standing naked beside her as she's showering. Maybe he's trans or maybe he's just getting off on being able to watch a woman shower. In either case, this is a violation of the women's constitutional right of security of person.


Interesting that almost all non-straight people able to to get along just fine then, wouldn't you say? My point is that it isn't okay - by the vast majority people, to do what you just described. I think that's what's important here considering there are already (and for quite some time) schools in Canada with gender-less bathrooms that also seem to get along just fine. There is empirical evidence to suggest that as these crimes go down, it has less to do with what the rules are.

I also want to point out that locker rooms especially in schools are some of the most hostile places to be. A very close friend who teaches in Calgary has spoken to how when you put the boys and the girls together with some level of privacy (for changing etc) the bullying doesn't stop, but it drastically reduces. More of a fun fact than anything.

I agree with that you said I just don't think it's happening any more than it was because you mixed sexes.

Osoyoos_Familyof4 likes this post.
User avatar
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3517
Likes: 64 posts
Liked in: 239 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby JayByrd » Jul 12th, 2017, 12:29 pm

It's a little disturbing to me that in this thread, once again, transgender people are being portrayed simply as men insisting that they are women, and demanding that others recognize them as such. It goes to show how little understanding some people have of what transgender is. Yet those same people are the ones who crow most and loudest about it.

And yeah, if you scour the internet long enough, you'll find something to back up this backward, fear-mongering viewpoint. That doesn't make it reality though.

Violence against transgender people (and no, they don't become trans as a way of processing trauma) is a much bigger issue in our society than penises in the ladies room.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
JayByrd
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2803
Likes: 455 posts
Liked in: 914 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby What_the » Jul 12th, 2017, 12:40 pm

I agree with jaybyrd.
The reality these days is that one can't even tell. Look at the two bottom pictures. Not the idiot in a cowboy hat... machismo moron. As if standing in front of a mirror taking a selfie signifies anything. No you don't, perve.

The video too. I like that guys vids generally but putting a wig in means nothing and proves nothing. Lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
User avatar
What_the
Übergod
 
Posts: 1413
Likes: 312 posts
Liked in: 621 posts
Joined: Feb 18th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jul 12th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Actually, the fella in the cowboy hat is a trans-man proving his point (easy mistake).

You know as a more practical decision, I would also add this point to remember:

In women's washrooms we have stalls! What happens inside the stall isn't obvious. I have not seen a vagina in any washroom - so what do I really care who I wash my hands beside.

Sometimes we make so much outta nothin'

whatwhat likes this post.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 486
Likes: 223 posts
Liked in: 465 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Terris » Jul 12th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Oh, and trans people are less likely to be involved in sexual violence, or any violence, than anyone (fact, not opinion).


Fact you say?

http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/98688/#!
Terris
Board Meister
 
Posts: 365
Likes: 165 posts
Liked in: 152 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2014, 10:55 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby What_the » Jul 12th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Actually, the fella in the cowboy hat is a trans-man proving his point (easy mistake).

You know as a more practical decision, I would also add this point to remember:

In women's washrooms we have stalls! What happens inside the stall isn't obvious. I have not seen a vagina in any washroom - so what do I really care who I wash my hands beside.

Sometimes we make so much outta nothin'

Oh, well, my mistake then. Do'h. Thought it was a dumb red neck being, well, a dumb red neck. Praise the Lord pass the ammunition type. (No offence mexi cali).
The juxtaposition did confuse me in that series of pics.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
User avatar
What_the
Übergod
 
Posts: 1413
Likes: 312 posts
Liked in: 621 posts
Joined: Feb 18th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby spooker » Jul 12th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Go use a European spa ... all age ranges, all genders ... never had any issues with "excitability" and was polite enough to not oogle my friend who took me even though I was attracted to her, due to respect ...

We've gotta get our minds out of the gutter and realize that sexuality doesn't begin and end with the body or body parts ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

JayByrd likes this post.
User avatar
spooker
Board Meister
 
Posts: 642
Likes: 563 posts
Liked in: 397 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby JayByrd » Jul 13th, 2017, 10:56 am

Terris wrote:Fact you say?

http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/98688/#!


You must have pasted the wrong link; that article doesn't even mention transgender persons.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.
User avatar
JayByrd
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2803
Likes: 455 posts
Liked in: 914 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby LANDM » Jul 13th, 2017, 12:37 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 13th, 2017, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
LANDM
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4908
Likes: 1050 posts
Liked in: 2219 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Postby Homeownertoo » Aug 8th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Would I want to shower with a man? No.

Would I want to shower with a trans-woman? Sure.

Would I prefer a shower stall have a curtain, or a door? Yes. Because I am shy, not because I might see a penis.

Very simple.

According to the evolving rules, a transwoman could be just a guy who would rather be a woman and proclaims himself to be so. No need to take emasculating drugs or undergo the knife. Still not a problem?
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
User avatar
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3883
Likes: 67 posts
Liked in: 39 posts
Joined: Nov 10th, 2008, 2:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests