Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Post by Glacier »

Let's say The Green Barbarian identifies as a woman. Would you behave like a bigot by refusing him in your shower while you're there, or would you do the politically correct thing by pretending you're not uncomfortable?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new ... n-showers/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Post by jimmy4321 »

Saying it's politically correct is a stretch to make a point.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

jimmy4321 wrote:Saying it's politically correct is a stretch to make a point.

In politically correct poker, holding the trans card beats everyone hold the woman card.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/naked ... -soldiers/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Saying it's politically correct is a stretch to make a point.

The way society is leaning with "U" listed as sex on a birth certificate, we may have unisex everything in the new future. After that I presume wearing clothes will no longer be required as its no longer sexual to look at women as you see them in the shower all the time. So to say it's a stretch, maybe lets just wait and see where the wackos take us in the next decade. I bet this all burns as there are more and more sexual assaults, but lets wait and see. :130:
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Would I want to shower with a man? No.

Would I want to shower with a trans-woman? Sure.

Would I prefer a shower stall have a curtain, or a door? Yes. Because I am shy, not because I might see a penis.

Very simple.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Oh, and trans people are less likely to be involved in sexual violence, or any violence, than anyone (fact, not opinion).
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I'm not joining the United States Military, so at present, I can avoid showing with men other than my husband.
Even in public showers, like those at a swimming pool, I shower with my swimsuit on. I am fairly conservative when it comes to displaying my body.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Oh, and trans people are less likely to be involved in sexual violence, or any violence, than anyone (fact, not opinion).

Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.
- Douglas Murray
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Glacier wrote:But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.

What loopholes make it okay for anyone to molest anyone against their will?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

StraitTalk wrote:
Glacier wrote:But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.

What loopholes make it okay for anyone to molest anyone against their will?

No one said it's okay to molest anyone. Put yourself in the shoes of a woman. Some guy is standing naked beside her as she's showering. Maybe he's trans or maybe he's just getting off on being able to watch a woman shower. In either case, this is a violation of the women's constitutional right of security of person.
- Douglas Murray
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So sick of people insinuating trans people are sex offenders. It's gross behaviour. I don't share a shower or toilet with anyone, male or female, but don't care who's in the stall next door. Can we cut this crap out already?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think "sharing the shower" thing is those huge shower stalls with multiple areas to stand and get showered before going into a hot spring area, pool or whatever, not a one-on-one shower stall.

Undecided. No one go all PC on me either. Just can't decide.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Glacier wrote:Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place.

Are you suggesting trans people become trans due to abuse?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Would I want to shower with a man? No.

Would I want to shower with a trans-woman? Sure.

Would I prefer a shower stall have a curtain, or a door? Yes. Because I am shy, not because I might see a penis.

Very simple.

I agree. To be honest, I would probably even shower in a unisex shower if there were separate stalls. I don't want to shower in front of strangers, whether men or women, without a stall.

The fact is, a pervert will be a pervert no matter what. If a man wanted to try and molest a woman (or vise versa) he doesn't need to pretend to be one to do it.
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

richardclank wrote:Are you suggesting trans people become trans due to abuse?

In many cases, probably. Becoming trans is how some people deal with the trauma.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”