Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
richardclank
Fledgling

Re: Ladies, would like to share the shower with men?

Post by richardclank »

Glacier wrote:
richardclank wrote:Are you suggesting trans people become trans due to abuse?

In many cases, probably. Becoming trans is how some people deal with the trauma.

I could type pages here on how you're wrong, but do yourself a favor and use google sometime. Unbelievable how in an age where any question can be answered within seconds that people hold views from the 1900's.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

You see naked people in shower houses. That's how it's always been.
If you want the choice of which bathroom/shower room, or you want unisex than you're going to have to deal with seeing people of the opposite sex.

Me personally, I'd rather see naked women than naked men so I'm all for it. I'd also much rather have a women looking at me when naked than some dude. But at the end of the day - At the worst someone is going to see you naked. Big deal. People are such prudes :-X
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Glacier wrote:Let's say The Green Barbarian identifies as a woman. Would you behave like a bigot by refusing him in your shower while you're there, or would you do the politically correct thing by pretending you're not uncomfortable?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new ... n-showers/

I've seen this, in the movie Starship Troopers in a group shower :-) it was a happy butt slapping scene.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Glacier wrote:Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.
You are disagreeing with yourself. You say trans are victims which is probably why they are trans in the first place. That would be their coping mechanism then, not abusing others. While many who abuse others have been abused themselves, that doesn't mean that all abused people abuse others.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Piecemaker wrote:
Glacier wrote:Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.
You are disagreeing with yourself. You say trans are victims which is probably why they are trans in the first place. That would be their coping mechanism then, not abusing others. While many who abuse others have been abused themselves, that doesn't mean that all abused people abuse others.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.

No, I'm not saying transsexuals are more likely to abuse. I never said that. I said that people in general who are abused grow up to be abuses in higher numbers than the general public. Despite what Milo says, there's no evidence that transsexuals are more likely to abuse.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:
Would I want to shower with a trans-woman? Sure.

Just admit. You're curious. Peeker.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Amazing how people pretend to forget that grown men only think one thing when they see a naked woman.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

forum wrote:Amazing how people pretend to forget that grown men only think one thing when they see a naked woman.

Amazing how people think that grown men are idiots and have zero self control.
hail Satan y'all
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Nope.

Let's put it this way: I don't use public showers because I don't fancy being nude with anyone other than my spouse. There's nothing bad, or discriminatory about my preference.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jlabute wrote:
Glacier wrote:Let's say The Green Barbarian identifies as a woman. Would you behave like a bigot by refusing him in your shower while you're there, or would you do the politically correct thing by pretending you're not uncomfortable?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/new ... n-showers/

I've seen this, in the movie Starship Troopers in a group shower :-) it was a happy butt slapping scene.

The Green Barbarian was in Starship Troopers? Is it available on Netflix? :popcorn:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

[/quote]
Riiiiight. Trans people are far more likely to be involved in a sex crime than non trans... as victims... which is probably why they're trans in the first place. There are no statistics on whether or not they commit more crimes since there are so few trans people to conduct such research so not sure where you get your "facts." The only facts we do know is that those who are abused are more likely to abuse themselves, which would deduce that trans people are more likely to be abusers.

But that doesn't matter since the real danger is cis gendered male perverts who will use loopholes to molest women.[/quote]

* There are no documented increases in the US States who have gender neutral washrooms from cis gendered males looking to molest women and children.

* There are no documented increases in sexual assaults of women and children in states with gender neutral washrooms from trans-women.

* There is no evidence to suggest tran-people are trans "because" they are abuse survivors. However you are correct that they are more likely to suffer violence because they're trans.

There is however evidence suggesting that trans-people may have a brain that responds closer to the gender with which they identify than their biological birthright. Ths suggests that some trans-people may be biologically inclined to feel the way they do for no other reason than they were born this way.

The misinformation is staggering.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

forum wrote:Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.

The problem is that only creepers hang out in a "women only" change room. Make it a unisex room and women won't care if a man walks in. They're all over Europe.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

forum wrote:Yeah okay, next time I accidentally walk into a woman's change room, I'll declare I'm a grown man with self control. They'll put their guard down, I'm sure.

Your original commented mentioned nothing about change rooms, just the overall behaviour about men. It is sad you think so little about the male population :( There are uni-sex bathrooms starting to popup in town, and non-creep/perverted men have been able to hold themselves back long enough to pee. Magical.

And as TylerM4 said, only creepers would hang out in a change room labelled "women only" (yes, trans-women included). A creeper will be a creeper no matter what.
hail Satan y'all
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Okay. So buddy walks into the public shower and his bosses wife is bent over washing her ankles, and he's going to be a grown man and not bring it up at the next Christmas Party after a few too many beers? Uh huh.

Return to “Social Concerns”