Another "Offensive" License Plate

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Another "Offensive" License Plate

Post by Dizzy1 »

Another personalized license plate and another group of snowflakes find it "offensive".

Such an unfortunate direction our society has taken to coddle and cater to the weak minded.

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/04/28/winn ... -offensive

Sad, sad, sad.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
spooker

Re: Another "Offensive" License Plate

Post by spooker »

And even worse that it's affecting a Star Trek fan! Live long and prosper ...
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I think the guy with the plate is a Troller. (It's his last name, get it? LOL)

Good grief, lets all get offended.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

So stupid. Even if the plate was chosen in reference to assimilation of 1st nations people - it's just a single word.

What's next? Censoring colors? Can't use red because it brings to mind images of blood and hate for some people?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

As long as Governments continue to cater to the wacky few who claim to be offended at every single thing they can get offended at, the numbers of such folks will continue to grow. Because the fact is that there will always be those who like to make themselves "feel important" by forcing the rest of us to bend to their will. And until Governments recognize that fact and stop being such a bunch of weak kneed lilly livers, the situation is only going to get worse.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This personal plate is for those who are so thin skinned:
3825-968

figure it out for yourself
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You'd think not being able to get a date would be bad enough, NOW he can't even keep his license plate!!!
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Others share the right to protest, and the person with the license plate shares the right to have it. There should absolutely be nothing else to it.

I'm literally in favour of even permitting crude or otherwise unpleasant words as license plate. Freedom of expression.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

FreeRights wrote:Others share the right to protest, and the person with the license plate shares the right to have it. There should absolutely be nothing else to it.

I'm literally in favour of even permitting crude or otherwise unpleasant words as license plate. Freedom of expression.

Exactly.

I would never use the plate I posted, but if someone else did or a version of. I would not care

Oh if you haven't figured it out, what can I say
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

I googled it.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

GordonH wrote:Exactly.

I would never use the plate I posted, but if someone else did or a version of. I would not care

Oh if you haven't figured it out, what can I say

Agreed. Further, if I had a license plate like that and somebody else did care, that should be their problem and not mine.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. I can understand someone complaining, as a regular user on this website I see that nonsense all the time. But to concede to this complaint, just pathetic.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

If you have 1 native who is offended for every 100 non-natives who are offended the government buckled, they would listen to the one... but there's no favouritism there.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Social Concerns”