Advice to Young Men: Don’t Marry Feminists

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Advice to Young Men: Don’t Marry Feminists

Post by Queen K »

What_the wrote:Watched both movies with gf, all garbage. Yet, both books and movies sold....go figure.

You have breached dangerous territory.
You know that right?

The books were insulting. But not for the reasons you might think.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Queen K wrote:
What_the wrote:Watched both movies with gf, all garbage. Yet, both books and movies sold....go figure.

You have breached dangerous territory.
You know that right?

The books were insulting. But not for the reasons you might think.

I have? We both found them insulting and demeaning. Neither of us were turned on, at all. Didn't even finish watching the second. And I hate not finishing a movie, despite how bad it is.

Bringing that up was only.... well, we had a few drinks, like my signature says, I sometimes regret thing s in the morning.

I am curious now though, what reasons I may not think.? I'd rather watch saw violence than that garbage. And that's pure garbage too.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Time to adjust my signature. Ugh. Couldn't even spell right.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well, it's all in the books. Regretfully I read them. Awful, so awful. And they were more about sexual predators preying on underage kids. That's what i got out of it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Lol, same boat I guess :) I found it abhorrent. I guess my point was there's feminism and then the masses, the masses win unfortunately.

I hope my thoughts are taken in context with everything Ive written over the years, specifically wonder woman thread
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

H*ll ya! ^^^ :biggrin:

hail Satan y'all
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Just because you respect women/people doesn't mean you are a feminist folks.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

StraitTalk wrote:Just because you respect women/people doesn't mean you are a feminist folks.

Joe likes to put labels on everyone.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

StraitTalk wrote:Just because you respect women/people doesn't mean you are a feminist folks.

Merriam-Webster wrote:Definition of feminism
1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

I guess it depends what you mean by respect. If you felt that I wasn't entitled to "political, economic, and social equality" I might think that you weren't treating me with respect.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've never been able to wrap my head around why a segment of male population holds onto, the whole barefoot & pregnant thing..... or at least that whole attitude.
We are all human
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Silverstarqueen wrote:About the nut job theory. I don't know why they would reflect on feminism per se because there are also women with traditional theories about women's role who happen to be nut jobs, we don't take that as representative of all women of that persuasion. There are men (progressive types and traditional types) who are nut jobs, we don't feel they are representative of all men.

It seems like this is just the way people make a point now, particularly if it surrounds a contentious social or political issue. Taking the worst possible example of the thing you're opposed to, and basing your argument on it.
Last edited by JayByrd on Jul 24th, 2017, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Strong women intimidate boys, but excite men. :up:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Seems to me that very few here have any flippin' idea what "feminism" -- in its modern form and presentation in our society, specifically -- actually is...

I see plenty of what it isn't so far, that's for sure!

Just... Wow, people. It's 2017. :135:
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

foodsmith wrote:Seems to me that very few here have any flippin' idea what "feminism" -- in its modern form and presentation in our society, specifically -- actually is...

I see plenty of what it isn't so far, that's for sure!

Just... Wow, people. It's 2017. :135:

Well, I think most see feminism the way a google search shows it. Not one thing positive about it in the first 10 links listed when searched. So think most see it very well in its true current form.
"feminism today"
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Return to “Social Concerns”