Advice to Young Men: Don’t Marry Feminists

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Advice to Young Men: Don’t Marry Feminists

Post by neilsimon »

liisgo wrote:...
Well, I think most see feminism the way a google search shows it. Not one thing positive about it in the first 10 links listed when searched. So think most see it very well in its true current form.
"feminism today"

When I Googled feminism , the top three links I get are Wikipedia, Merriam-Webster, Oxford dictionaries. Most of the rest are fairly innocuous too, so I wonder what links are you talking about that are so offensive?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Loki2u wrote:Strong women intimidate boys, but excite men. :up:

Yes, madam dominatix. ;)
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

neilsimon wrote:
Well, I think most see feminism the way a google search shows it. Not one thing positive about it in the first 10 links listed when searched. So think most see it very well in its true current form.
"feminism today"

When I Googled feminism , the top three links I get are Wikipedia, Merriam-Webster, Oxford dictionaries. Most of the rest are fairly innocuous too, so I wonder what links are you talking about that are so offensive?

Imo feminism is equality in getting the job done. When it comes to sex? Different can of worms. Until men are rapists. Then we we're on the same page.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
kodadog

Post by kodadog »

I am a strong woman. The kind my husband was looking for. I am not a princess, nor a child-like girl that felt she needed to be taken care of once she was out of the control of her daddy. I am an equal contributor to our household…and then some. I have worked a full-time job (sometimes 3) my entire life. I still passionately love my husband; adore our child, and our elderly parents which we also care for. It’s a partnership. Just as my husband did not seek out a weak woman, I did not want a man that I could wear on the bottom of my shoe. Call me a ball-busting feminist if you want, but my husband would challenge you to the contrary. We are and have been a team for more than 30 years, and neither of us would change a thing.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Feminists: lighten up.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Real men don't feel threatened by a woman with spunk.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Feminists can have the weak men. We don't want them on our construction sites. It becomes unproductive.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Real men don't feel threatened by a woman with spunk.

Oh no, you didn't.
You didn't!

You've opened up the "real men" statement. Prepare for a s :cuss: t load tonne to land on you.
Unless no one cares about statements like this anymore.
Maybe everyone is just baked by the heat.
Hopefully.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

forum wrote:Feminists can have the weak men. We don't want them on our construction sites. It becomes unproductive.

So a man who is a feminist, and is in a relationship with a feminist is a weak man?? Sure, sure... I'll inform my hard working, feminist boyfriend that he is unproductive at work because someone on the internet said so lol.

I'd say a man who is able to respect their significant other, and believes and treats they are an equal in the relationship, in the family, and in their career etc is a pretty strong person.

Extra points if they don't need to come online and try to brag about their strength on construction sites...
hail Satan y'all
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

neilsimon wrote:
"feminism today"

I just took the challenge and "googled" what the poster actually posted, "feminism today"

Interesting enough, all links are about the dark side of the new feminist's.
Ah, nothing in that post that says anything about an offensive emotion?

The first 4 are articles written by other women as most the others.
1)“If you look at the feminist discourse that’s most prominent on the surface and in mainstream media, it’s very focused on the individual and the superficial,” says Meghan Murphy.
2)almost a century after the Nineteenth Amendment was ratified, many so-called feminist lobbies and leaders no longer promote the political interests of American women, but instead promote leftist policies.
3)WOMEN TODAY: NEW FEMINISM VERSUS OLD
4)The new feminism, which is not really feminism at all, is by Crispin’s telling as shallow as a martini, and a good deal less good for you:
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

zoo wrote:
neilsimon wrote:...

I just took the challenge and "googled" what the poster actually posted, "feminism today"

That many have been their intention, but this is a direct quote:
Well, I think most see feminism the way a google search shows it.

I therefore think that googling feminism is appropriate. Adding qualifiers to it just pollutes the results. I'm sure if one searched for "feminazi", "feminist haters", etc. you would get negative results too.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

If one needs to googly, clueless on the first place. Only real men...hahaha I Just said that...
Already know what it means... because we respect our
Other halves and the value they bring to our lives. "Feminism" is a direct result of misogyny. Christ, boys, know who has your back! And it ain't your flakey drinking buddy.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Old Gen Feminists vs. New Gen Feminists...who would win?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Neither. You see, in the meantime, real women who don't need a label/title in order to feel capable/strong are actually getting things done.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

forum wrote:Old Gen Feminists vs. New Gen Feminists...who would win?

Thankfully with feminism, we all win.

kgcayenne wrote:Neither. You see, in the meantime, real women who don't need a label/title in order to feel capable/strong are actually getting things done.

And many men and women who are getting things done are happy to adopt the label, not for their own benefit but for the benefit of others. Almost nobody adopts the label of feminist for their own benefit because there are still fools out there who think of feminism as a threat to them and their masculinity. It is rarely beneficial to the feminist to be seen as one.

Return to “Social Concerns”