The Mail Should be Delivered Once Per Month

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

The Mail Should be Delivered Once Per Month

Post by Glacier »

My mom hasn't had mail since the 7th, and it might be another few weeks before she gets any. No problem. Everything is done online these days so we could save billions by making this the new standard everywhere in Canada.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The Mail Should be Delivered Once Per Month

Post by youjustcomplain »

Billions? Why save billions when you could save..... millions?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

youjustcomplain wrote:Billions? Why save billions when you could save..... millions?

Over 100 years it would be billions.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Glacier wrote:My mom hasn't had mail since the 7th, and it might be another few weeks before she gets any. No problem. Everything is done online these days so we could save billions by making this the new standard everywhere in Canada.

As it is, I only check once a week or so. I don't seeing it being too much of a stretch to go a month as long as the paper bills arrive in time. May take a bit of cooperation from utility companies and other businesses that still do paper tho.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not everyone is online though so bills still need to be mailed in a timely manner so they can be paid on time. I get mail 3 times a week as a rule and I could easily see that drop down to once a week. Don't think advertisers would like to see their flyers drop to once a month.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Once per week seems realistic. It would ensure those who don't do online billing get theirs in a timely manner.

My employer also does snail-mail for expense and mileage reimbursement. When I'm waiting on $5000-$6000 on a regular basis, monthly won't cut it.

I also get frequent parcel deliveries via Canada Post and already had one explode due to the increased temps. I can't imagine that sitting/leaking somehwere unnecessarily for weeks longer than necessary.

Return to “Social Concerns”