45144
45615

Want to buy some pot?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Want to buy some pot?

Postby impunity » Jul 31st, 2017, 10:02 am

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... poses.html

None of the establishments in town are listed and the list was updated on the 18th of July this year.

Can anyone explain how they are allowed to function?

What business license do they use?

What is stopping ma and pa from doing the same?

Attempting to speak to the people who operate these places results in aggressive responses that go nowhere.

Feigning ignorance, being protective of 'secrets' and generally being the sort of people you would expect associated with the illegal drugs industry.
impunity
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 31st, 2017, 9:50 am

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby jimmy4321 » Jul 31st, 2017, 1:12 pm

.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Jul 31st, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3050
Likes: 700 posts
Liked in: 1302 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby kgcayenne » Jul 31st, 2017, 1:44 pm

Oooops.... too many tabs... wrong one.
Last edited by kgcayenne on Jul 31st, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12643
Likes: 1523 posts
Liked in: 3288 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby foodsmith » Jul 31st, 2017, 1:47 pm

A 'Dispensary' and a 'Producer/Cultivator' are very, very different things. Why are none of the shops in town on this list? Because there is also a difference between names under which businesses are registered and those that they operate under, ie. "dba"...

There are some on this list with Kelowna addresses, as well, which likely reflect a this regular practice... Just FYI.
foodsmith
Board Meister
 
Posts: 360
Likes: 971 posts
Liked in: 244 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2011, 7:40 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby Osoyoos_Familyof4 » Jul 31st, 2017, 2:27 pm

If you go the route to get a legit subscription from Health Canada you can legally only buy by mail from those providers on the website you posted, or grow yourself, or have someone you designate grow for you.

However, some doctors have downloaded "forms" from dispensaries which say that they believe that their patient may benefit from cannabis. This document is a "grey" area legally and it's thought that if the patient were to get arrested that it likely wouldn't result in charges, but I'm not sure that it has been challenged yet.

Therefore, the dispensaries themselves are operating in a "grey zone" legally where they "hope" they will withstand legal challenges because technically their customers are "supposed" to have documentation from either Health Canada or their doctor giving them "permission" to use.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister
 
Posts: 486
Likes: 223 posts
Liked in: 465 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby impunity » Jul 31st, 2017, 2:59 pm

foodsmith wrote:A 'Dispensary' and a 'Producer/Cultivator' are very, very different things. Why are none of the shops in town on this list? Because there is also a difference between names under which businesses are registered and those that they operate under, ie. "dba"...

There are some on this list with Kelowna addresses, as well, which likely reflect a this regular practice... Just FYI.


There is one entity with a Kelowna address and that is in Town Centre Mall, not 'some' with Kelowna addresses; nor are any of the dispensaries/producers in town on this list.

Nearly every entity on the list has a website that states who they are, where they are, etc.

NONE of the entities in town are listed on that list, despite what you claim.

Producers are licensed. Dispensaries are not. A dispensary is responsible for providing the marijuana to licensed 'patients'.

The laws stipulate that an agreement is made between a licensed producer and a licensed 'patient.'
impunity
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 31st, 2017, 9:50 am

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby seewood » Jul 31st, 2017, 3:18 pm

Nope
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Fledgling
 
Posts: 263
Likes: 143 posts
Liked in: 230 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby foodsmith » Jul 31st, 2017, 6:49 pm

impunity wrote:
foodsmith wrote:A 'Dispensary' and a 'Producer/Cultivator' are very, very different things. Why are none of the shops in town on this list? Because there is also a difference between names under which businesses are registered and those that they operate under, ie. "dba"...

There are some on this list with Kelowna addresses, as well, which likely reflect a this regular practice... Just FYI.


There is one entity with a Kelowna address and that is in Town Centre Mall, not 'some' with Kelowna addresses; nor are any of the dispensaries/producers in town on this list.

Nearly every entity on the list has a website that states who they are, where they are, etc.

NONE of the entities in town are listed on that list, despite what you claim.

Producers are licensed. Dispensaries are not. A dispensary is responsible for providing the marijuana to licensed 'patients'.

The laws stipulate that an agreement is made between a licensed producer and a licensed 'patient.'


You completely missed the context of my post, friend...

In fact, you reiterated and confirmed what I was saying: the federal list details licensed producers, specifically. No argument there.

As for Dispensaries, what makes you think there is no licensing involved? Please help me understand your own personal source of insight... It may be helpful!
foodsmith
Board Meister
 
Posts: 360
Likes: 971 posts
Liked in: 244 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2011, 7:40 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby maryjane48 » Aug 1st, 2017, 12:28 pm

its silly for a town city to not allow the medical ones for now . if shoppers get the okay which they want is kelowna going going to kills them jobs over harmless plant ? :200:
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15012
Likes: 9443 posts
Liked in: 2332 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby impunity » Aug 1st, 2017, 2:29 pm

foodsmith wrote:
You completely missed the context of my post, friend...

In fact, you reiterated and confirmed what I was saying: the federal list details licensed producers, specifically. No argument there.

As for Dispensaries, what makes you think there is no licensing involved? Please help me understand your own personal source of insight... It may be helpful!


I did absolutely confirm that the list shows producers. None of which are listed as you claimed, bro, buddy, guy, friend, compadre, comrade and amigo. Spare me the pleasantries and quit deflecting. Here, I'll quote the portion of my post that you ignored:

There is one entity with a Kelowna address and that is in Town Centre Mall, not 'some' with Kelowna addresses; nor are any of the dispensaries/producers in town on this list.


Blue Heights stinks of pot and legitimate businesses have been displaced by the presence of these illegal entities, why are you okay with that? Are you in the industry? Have you made lots of money at it and thus don't have to care?

Why don't you explain for us, the sort of licensing involved for a dispensary, as my original post asked.

The source of my insight? How about we talk about the lack of sources for insight? Given the level of individual who operates these industries, I'll maintain my anonymity, thanks for understanding.

maryjane48 wrote:its silly for a town city to not allow the medical ones for now . if shoppers get the okay which they want is kelowna going going to kills them jobs over harmless plant ? :200:


"A plant." That's adorable. Y'know, cocaine is just a plant too. But you do some stuff to it and then bam, booger sugar.
Just gonna leave this here: http://orcz.com/GTA_V:_proposition208_c ... me_Website

Jobs? I love this argument. For a select few elite who managed to swing a license? You show me a clipper who has benefits and makes $60k a year and I will agree that the jobs are great. Otherwise, I'm familiar with the industry and the sorts of workers it deals in, your argument is invalid.. and terribly written.

You show me a clipper who makes anything over $15 an hour, and I'll show you nepotism, or a really lucky individual working for one of the entities on that list of government approved entities (upon which, none of the Kelowna entities are listed).

It's silly that this ..uhh.. town city.. has allowed the .. uhh.. medical ones.. to exist and displace legitimate businesses (repeatedly). Unfortunately, the plant is not harmless. People have lost their lives over this stuff, and the industry, despite the government oversight, is as gang organized as it ever was.

Besides, marijuana causes many of the symptoms its licensees purport it clears.

I realize it helps with parkinsons, and I love the videos of children being cured by a droplet of a marijuana tincture, I think that's wonderful. The average licensee that I've encountered claims they need it for anxiety (which it causes) and to help them sleep (while they buy sativas rather than indicas).

The two facedness of this industry is appalling and the people it's comprised of are not typically the ..compassionate sort. This industry is about money, not helping people. Please have enough respect for this conversation to avoid alluding to false motivations like 'helping people'.

If it were about helping people, the industry would be non-profit (as it was originally conceived).
impunity
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 31st, 2017, 9:50 am

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby LANDM » Aug 2nd, 2017, 6:33 am

Of course it's about making money.....that's what businesses do. That is their sole raison d'être. Caring is either a side benefit or a marketing tool. Take your pick.

As for being non-profit, that is a juvenile expectation. How many pharmaceutical companies are non-profit in their structure?

While I have no idea what the source of your hatred is here, your responses certainly show that you had some sort of "connection" by stating your familiarity with the business and wage models......I assume something went wrong in the past for you. But that is just an assumption and is about as valid as your assumption that anyone who says anything contrary to your opinion means they "must have made lots of money in it.."
LANDM
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4897
Likes: 1043 posts
Liked in: 2213 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby impunity » Aug 6th, 2017, 8:50 am

Can anyone explain how they are allowed to function?

What business license do they use?

What is stopping ma and pa from doing the same?


These are the questions this thread was opened upon. So far there's lots of people justifying the plant and business, but nobody seems to be able to answer the actual questions I raised.

My 'hatred' or my 'familiarity' of the business is your (LANDM'S) (mis)percepton. Also, I never said they should be non profit, the legislation originally did. Unless that's changed.

I don't give a flying crap if folks are selling pot with impunity, quit trying to explain why the plant is good, or how it helps people or blah blah blah! WE KNOW ALL THAT! We have parades for this stuff, TRUST ME, EVERYONE KNOWS, put down the drums.

I don't want them busted, I don't care about their success, I want to know how. I want to know why. I want to know why an old folks home can't start growing marijuana and selling it to their own people. I own a very successful chain of senior citizens homes and I've been selling them a high grade in house hydro for quite some time. A fine high CBD and we bake it in a range of brownies and mix quite the salves.

Our patients have stated they absolutely love the tingling feeling the salves give especially.

Can anyone tell me why none of my locations have been struck with a swat?
impunity
 
Posts: 4
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jul 31st, 2017, 9:50 am

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby StraitTalk » Aug 6th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Dude your username is impunity and you made this account to make this thread... don't get your nose all bent out of joint if you get called out for your own motives otherwise, as far as I can tell, it just looks like you're asking rhetorical questions.

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3515
Likes: 64 posts
Liked in: 238 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby dirtybiker » Aug 7th, 2017, 12:28 pm

impunity wrote:
I own a very successful chain of senior citizens homes and I've been selling them a high grade in house hydro for quite some time.


Ah, farming at it's finest !

Harvesting bank accounts and Estates.

Works best if no Family is involved !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4928
Likes: 1771 posts
Liked in: 1319 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Postby foodsmith » Aug 9th, 2017, 9:08 am

impunity wrote:
foodsmith wrote:
You completely missed the context of my post, friend...

In fact, you reiterated and confirmed what I was saying: the federal list details licensed producers, specifically. No argument there.

As for Dispensaries, what makes you think there is no licensing involved? Please help me understand your own personal source of insight... It may be helpful!


I did absolutely confirm that the list shows producers. None of which are listed as you claimed, bro, buddy, guy, friend, compadre, comrade and amigo. Spare me the pleasantries and quit deflecting. Here, I'll quote the portion of my post that you ignored:

There is one entity with a Kelowna address and that is in Town Centre Mall, not 'some' with Kelowna addresses; nor are any of the dispensaries/producers in town on this list.


Blue Heights stinks of pot and legitimate businesses have been displaced by the presence of these illegal entities, why are you okay with that? Are you in the industry? Have you made lots of money at it and thus don't have to care?

Why don't you explain for us, the sort of licensing involved for a dispensary, as my original post asked.

The source of my insight? How about we talk about the lack of sources for insight? Given the level of individual who operates these industries, I'll maintain my anonymity, thanks for understanding.

maryjane48 wrote:its silly for a town city to not allow the medical ones for now . if shoppers get the okay which they want is kelowna going going to kills them jobs over harmless plant ? :200:


"A plant." That's adorable. Y'know, cocaine is just a plant too. But you do some stuff to it and then bam, booger sugar.
Just gonna leave this here: http://orcz.com/GTA_V:_proposition208_c ... me_Website

Jobs? I love this argument. For a select few elite who managed to swing a license? You show me a clipper who has benefits and makes $60k a year and I will agree that the jobs are great. Otherwise, I'm familiar with the industry and the sorts of workers it deals in, your argument is invalid.. and terribly written.

You show me a clipper who makes anything over $15 an hour, and I'll show you nepotism, or a really lucky individual working for one of the entities on that list of government approved entities (upon which, none of the Kelowna entities are listed).

It's silly that this ..uhh.. town city.. has allowed the .. uhh.. medical ones.. to exist and displace legitimate businesses (repeatedly). Unfortunately, the plant is not harmless. People have lost their lives over this stuff, and the industry, despite the government oversight, is as gang organized as it ever was.

Besides, marijuana causes many of the symptoms its licensees purport it clears.

I realize it helps with parkinsons, and I love the videos of children being cured by a droplet of a marijuana tincture, I think that's wonderful. The average licensee that I've encountered claims they need it for anxiety (which it causes) and to help them sleep (while they buy sativas rather than indicas).

The two facedness of this industry is appalling and the people it's comprised of are not typically the ..compassionate sort. This industry is about money, not helping people. Please have enough respect for this conversation to avoid alluding to false motivations like 'helping people'.

If it were about helping people, the industry would be non-profit (as it was originally conceived).


I'm just gonna leave this right here:

http://business.financialpost.com/busin ... 20fe6e4a40

Firing off at only $0.60 per as of this morning's IPO.

What a shameful, sickening, illegal local entity indeed.

[icon_lol2.gif]
foodsmith
Board Meister
 
Posts: 360
Likes: 971 posts
Liked in: 244 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2011, 7:40 pm

Next

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests