I love you Millenials!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: I love you Millenials!

Post by the truth »

is there a connection between the two millenials http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadian-o ... -1.1713282

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... eight.html

millenials might be a little more book smart but facts are facts more are just getting fat and lazy
Last edited by the truth on Aug 7th, 2017, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

davis123 wrote:I sometimes wonder how millenials would survive if the internet went down for good, I think most of them would run to a closet and never come out. :smt045

Or how any generation would survive if the power went out. Before Millenials were learning and working with the internet, previous generations were watching TV all day, eating TV dinners and forgetting how to read.

How would millenials survive? About no differently than anyone tbh. I mean you yourself are here on the internet too...and it's not like your money, your healthcare, your news, etc aren't tied into the functionality of the internet either.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:is there a connection between the two millenials http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadian-o ... -1.1713282

millenials might be a little more book smart but facts are facts more are just getting fat and lazy

Being fat and being lazy are two different things, though equating the two is very lazy. Can you show any evidence that Millennials are lazier than their parents, taking work-week, etc. in to consideration?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if you can't see the connection i feel sorry for you 1+1=2
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if you can't see the connection i feel sorry for you 1+1=2

Your assumption is logically flawed and extremely simplistic. It ignores so much as to be worthless. Please don't feel sorry for me, I certainly don't need pity from someone like you.
As someone who understands that we all do work in different kinds of ways, and Millennials are more likely to have sedentary work, which they spend longer hours at than their parents did, but burn fewer calories doing so. In fact, Millennials work as hard, are as intelligent and suffer higher expectations in terms of productivity, etc.
Last edited by neilsimon on Aug 7th, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

davis123 wrote:I sometimes wonder how millenials would survive if the internet went down for good, I think most of them would run to a closet and never come out. :smt045

Again, why would this statement apply only to millenials?

You could substitute the word 'millenials' for 'people' or 'the world' and it would just as accurate. Long gone are the days where computers are luxury items with the purpose of strictly entertaining. Computers are absolutely essential to how the world operates today. Society as we know it would fall apart without the internet, and its probably only the millenials who would be able to fix the situation.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

the truth wrote:is there a connection between the two millenials http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadian-o ... -1.1713282

Millenials are just a product of their environment. The environment that everyone is responsible for. I put more responsibility on the parents than the kid for the kid's obesity.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

When I was young (quite young) and dumb in the late 70's i felt all Americans were fat, at least judging from the tourists coming through.
If so Canadians quickly caught up, All that food on to go is jammed pack with garbage.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

johnny24 wrote:...
Millenials are just a product of their environment. The environment that everyone is responsible for. I put more responsibility on the parents than the kid for the kid's obesity.

It is true that we are in many ways a product of our environment, but what most people forget is that while parents probably have more influence on their kids than anyone else, the sum total of other influences beyond their control, from genetics to peers, teachers, neighbours, media, heroes etc. is usually greater than the influence from the parents. When you add reasonably unpredictable genetic factors into the mix, the fact is that parents have far less control on how their children turn out than you might expect.
While it may be fair to say that extreme obesity in relatively early childhood could be blamed on parenting, since at that point the parents have far more influence, teenage onset obesity is really not fair to blame on parents.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

always blaming someone else , got to love millenials :laugh:
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:always blaming someone else , got to love millenials :laugh:

Where are the Millennials blaming anyone else for their own actions?
I'm not a Millennial, but I do think that they get a bad rap by some rather ill informed and not very sophisticated thinkers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so as always if other people disagree with you they are always wrong and your always right [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

neilsimon wrote:
the truth wrote:always blaming someone else , got to love millenials :laugh:

Where are the Millennials blaming anyone else for their own actions?
I'm not a Millennial, but I do think that they get a bad rap by some rather ill informed and not very sophisticated thinkers.

0/2. I'm not a millennial either.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:so as always if other people disagree with you they are always wrong and your always right [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

No, but people who have no evidence to back up their claims (claiming that Millennials are lazy, for instance) and continue to push them despite the huge evidence to the contrary (just Google for "Are millennials lazy" if you don't believe me), who engage in ad hominem attacks (plenty of your posts fall into this category), and fail to create a critically sound argument which isn't just based on what they call "common sense" (hint: the chances are if you have to resort to "common sense" you do not have an argument), are never going to convince me, or anyone with a critical mind that they are correct.

I have often been wrong, and welcome any evidence which enhances my understanding of the World, but if you can't mount a critically thought out argument at least as well as the likes of Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson (I'm setting the bar pretty low here), and would rather engage in antics more worthy of Gavin McInnes, you are not going to convince me of anything.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

richardclank wrote:…One such task was just delivering a wheelchair to a particular floor, and I didn't mind completing the task at all, but I didn't understand why it was passed off to me simple because the older employee felt entitled to pick and choose his tasks...

This is why:
richardclank wrote:I just started working my first 'professional' …

New hires have to be humble no matter what age group.

I have recent experience with some new hires, one temporarily thought their degree meant they out-ranked, and therefore ‘managed’, all who had only diplomas or certificates. It was swiftly explained: “That’s not how it works.”
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Social Concerns”