Millennials glued to phones

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Millennials glued to phones

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#205622 need we say more [icon_lol2.gif]

rely on there phones heavily to maintain there sex lives- wt :cuss:

breaking up with someone with a text message--wt :cuss: cowards

can not even take a pee or number 2 without the phone ---wt :cuss:

and they come on here thinking they know everything -- not all but many :laugh: :laugh:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: millennials glued to phones

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-205622-4-.htm#205622 need we say more [icon_lol2.gif]
rely on there phones heavily to maintain there sex lives- wt :cuss:
breaking up with someone with a text message--wt :cuss: cowards
can not even take a pee or number 2 without the phone ---wt :cuss:

The world has changed truth, and will continue to do so. Technology is a big part of the way millennials grew up, and will continue to be a major influence in peoples life's.

Going to the bar and meeting some person for sex isn't a thing anymore. "Dating" apps like POF and Tinder are.
While I agree that breaking up with someone over the phone is pretty horrible, I am sure older generations did the same over the phone, they just didn't have text message.
Growing up, my dad always had the newspaper or a magazine in the bathroom for when he to the bathroom. Having reading material in the bathroom isn't anything new. Now people are just able to access their news and other forms of reading material from their phone.

and they come on here thinking they know everything -- not all but many :laugh: :laugh:

I don't really understand how using your phone more then other generations means you don't know anything. Can you explain?
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

*removed*
Reason: response to off topic post
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Reason: Making it personal
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:*removed*

*removed*

How does someone using their cellphone more (to date and poop) mean they know nothing?? Those two things don't correlate at all, so I'd be interested in your reasoning.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
hail Satan y'all
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Main time I actually give a damn people being glued to there cellphone or tablet is while driving, until the laws change please use a hands free bluetooth device.
If you do use your phone while driving, please pay more attention to what the hell is happening around you then whomever you are talking to.

To those who text while driving, please stop this really dumb :cuss: activity.

The other time is in line ups (no were near as important as the 1 above, this 1 is more of just pain in the as :cuss: ), if you can't do multiple things at same time then excuse yourself from the line up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

There was a generation that paid money for pet rocks. They also liked disco. And oh man, the drugs they took.

There was a generation that was influenced more by the pop stars they saw on TV, than by their parents. They wore loud colours and the really extreme ones had an earring. No not the women, the men!

There was a generation that frowned on people being alone together (ie without a chaperone) before they were married.

There was a generation that believed a woman could either have a family or a career, but not both. Oh, and the two career options? Schoolteacher or nurse. That was all.

Every generation did stuff that the ones before them thought was dumb, and as well as things that history will look back on as being pretty ridiculous.

I'm 43 years old, and the things you can do on a mobile phone today were science fiction when I was in high school. I'd rather keep up, than dig my heels in and be a relic.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

whatwhat wrote:
the truth wrote:*removed*

*removed*

How does someone using their cellphone more (to date and poop) mean they know nothing?? Those two things don't correlate at all, so I'd be interested in your reasoning.

*removed* that person in the public washroom who can not even take a leak without texting at the same time, i've seen a guy drop his phone in the urinal doing that , trying to pee and text at the same time [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop making this personal!
seewood
Guru

Re: Millennials glued to phones

Post by seewood »

I am not wealthy but I am rich
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Old folks been saying the same thing for many a generation.

Current generation is lazy, stupid, addicted to technology, drugged up, and short on morals.

Reality is that old folks don't recognize that the world is changing and they're being left behind.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I always find it ironic the people who whine about other people being addicted to technology are also the people who have thousands upon thousands of posts on a technology based social medium.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TylerM4 wrote:Old folks been saying the same thing for many a generation.

Current generation is lazy, stupid, addicted to technology, drugged up, and short on morals.

Reality is that old folks don't recognize that the world is changing and they're being left behind.

you are correct drugged up, http://globalnews.ca/news/3458335/stagg ... se-crisis/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There was no average age given regarding prescriptions and I wonder how old are the people that are creating all the technology that everyone is using now. Every generation provides enhancements to technology.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Fancy wrote:There was no average age given regarding prescriptions and I wonder how old are the people that are creating all the technology that everyone is using now. Every generation provides enhancements to technology.

Well, THE technology of today came from my generation...........BABY BOOMERS!

Return to “Social Concerns”